Low blow! Beloved tenor to sue opera museum over bass-placement!

The fat man sang, and now he’s going to sue.

A battle between a diva-esque tenor and a tiny opera museum hit a new crescendo this week when the former artistic director of the Enrico Caruso Museum of America announced that he would sue the curator of the obscure institution — though he’s not really sure why yet!

The dispute stems from that most operatic of slights: Not only was the tenor Luciano Lamonarca bullied out of his position, but his final performance in his official capacity was tragically undermined when he was replaced at the last minute — by a bass!

Since the museum exists solely to honor the greatest tenor of all time, Lamonarca was enraged by this affront to all things mid-range.

“I’ve done everything for this museum — yet they pushed me out,” said Luciano Lamonarca, the former publicist for the Sheepshead Bay museum. “They wouldn’t pay me, they wouldn’t acknowledge me, and then they took my performance out from under me.”

Now Lamonarca is looking for a way to sue his former employer Aldo Mancusi, who runs the museum out of the attic of his Homecrest home. But their feud didn’t reach a breaking point until that fateful night on April 9, when Lamonarca was scheduled to sing an aria at Borough Hall to recognize 15 years of the museum’s dedication to the late Italian tenor.

Some facts are not in dispute: Lamonarca and his virtuoso pianist were the only performers on the concert ticket that night. Since his hire in December last year, Lamonarca had been complaining that he was never officially named “artistic director” — despite his claims that he did everything in his power to publicize the museum and its Web site — and his desire to turn the position into a paying job.

What he didn’t expect was to be fired — an replaced! — just minutes before his acclaimed recital.

“After the show, people came to me and said, ‘That man’s not a tenor, he’s a bass!’ ” Lamonarca told us. “How could [Mancusi] be so blind?” Or, more appropriately, tone deaf?

This is where the dispute becomes a classic case of he sang, she sang.

Mancusi wouldn’t go into details about Lamonarca’s request to be paid for his volunteer work, but he did deny the most heinous of accusations.

“I have no idea what he’s talking about — it was a world-class tenor,” Mancusi said. “He sang everything he was supposed to sing. We don’t want to affiliate ourselves with people like him — it became a very poisonous atmosphere.”

Regardless, Lamonarca’s taking the war to court. He claims that there was a verbal agreement that he be paid monthly, and that he was fired for writing up a contract.

“I must be recognized for my work!” Lamonarca said. “Until then, I will no longer represent this museum, which I have loved, and been fascinated by, for years.”

Stay tuned for Act II of this tragi-comedy.

cenza from richmond says:
luciano la monarca his not a good singer ,he sing low tone not in original key,hes not prepare to sing opera shame on hem,people who know the poera do not wanted hear hem,he not have a voice, not qulifie for concert or opera, quality zero tekiniq zero, not legato voice, this gay go no way. he should find a regular job not good for sing.hes on amature, should go back were he belong please tell hem do not stat trobule in this contry.
May 4, 2010, 1:54 am
freedom from brooklyn says:
I could just imagine how much envy attract this young tenor. I hear that he is really good and that at the end of the concert there was a standing ovation for him.
Perhaps mr. or mrs. cenza belong from the Enrico Caruso Museum!!? I heard a lot of stories of that Museum. But it seem that this article is not about how Lamonarca sang, but show the facts that he was not paid for what he did. I heard also that he build the press conference at the Brooklyn Borough Hall for the Museum. Very nice from the Board of that Museum!
Cenza, I guess you must be more polite with your comment and perhaps let speak about opera only to those that really are expert in this noble art.
May 4, 2010, 9:29 pm
mad. silva from rchimond says:
I came from Italy affiliate with opera company teatro la scala, metropolitan opera new york, I never hear a tenor like hem, his terrible. in opera are lots of critiche, people who know the opera understand wich singer,sing good.
Puccini or giuseppe verdi are alive he would cry to hear tenore like hem.corelli,gigli, pavarotti,tenor giuseppe taormina are a real tenore,please do not argument with the true.
Gad Bless
May 5, 2010, 11:40 pm
expert opera from new york says:
sarry freedom,you are unexpet mr. lamonaca call a real tenor bass.this tenor in the pass the metropolian opera company give hem a scolaship has primo tenor i can pruve to you. stop to said this lie,lamonarca his not a good singer, people give ovation are his friend or do not understand voice. go for audition with a real opera conpany no bady would acept hem, i belong with perfomance and art, never i hear a tenor like hem Gad Bless
May 6, 2010, 8:40 am
freedom from brooklyn says:
TO CENZA, MAD. SILVA, EXPERT OF OPERA
You don't have to change your name. It's clear that you are the same person. I don't know who call Mr. Taormina Bass, but I was there and I don't know for sure if he can be considered a tenor! I think it's time to finish to try to avoid the truth and to recognize the power and talent voice of this great tenor, which is Lamonarca. Otherwise why Mr. Mancusi invited him all this time to sing for the Museum? The facts are why the board of the Enrico Caruso Museum pushed him (not hem) out, after all what he have done! A very bad and cruel attitude.
If you belong from arts, well, is better perhaps that you consider to change fild.
May 6, 2010, 9:18 am
Soprano from New York says:
I believe you should seek others profession. I was there that night at City hall. I noticed All of your friends were clapping there hands for you! I can see you are an amature!!!! A real tenor sings thier aria &(songs) in original key which you did not! Your voice was not legato and your tonation was off! And that is why you choked when you hit the high note! Your voice was struggling when you sanged the 1st aria & Coren N'Grato. Your voice sounds unprofessional! YOU ARE NOT READY TO SING OPERA in the note of b flat or C natural and high C. You need to study more to be a good singer! Stop making a mockery of yourself! A true tenor does not causes friction or trouble in this field. You have to except good and bad critic. That's show biz! I know for a fact, because I am a soprano at the Lincoln center and I am always seeking for great tenors! Let me remind you that artist sang that night is not a bass. He is a tenor! He is a GREAT TENOR and he is professional and experienced! I would like to perform with him. If you don't understand from Tenor or bass, then you are an AMATURE!!!
May 7, 2010, 3:06 pm
Linda Mercaldo from Staten Island says:
It is very distressing to have read this article. This mr. LaMonarca is not professional and reminds me of a spoiled child who did not get his way. he should grow up and practice more and yes, get a real job and not depend on senior citizens to support him. This is a disgrace to the Italian community and to the Opera world.
May 8, 2010, 10:42 am
opera lover from brooklyn says:
Mr. Lamonarca does not know opera. He calls a 40yr. recognized tenor..... a bass! Shame on you Mr. Lamonarca.....you are not ready for the opera world.....work, get a paying job instead of expecting others to support you! Better yet, go back to Italy....they won't put up with your fraud there!
May 8, 2010, 11:02 am
opera lover from brooklyn says:
This Mr. Lamonarca does not know opera.....he called a known, 40 yr., established tenor....a bass........Shame on you.......work more to get credibility instead of asking others to support you.....better yet, go back to Italy.......over there they would not put up with your scams!
May 8, 2010, 11:09 am
an Italian from brooklyn says:
May 8, 2010, 11:10 am
freedom from brooklyn says:
How many parents has this unknown Mr. Taormina!? :-)
It's a comedy all these comments. I hope only that Lamonarca doesn't know about this article.
A lot of ignorant people. Mr. Taormina a well know and establish tenor!!!!?
Please, give me a break.
I was there and it was a pity to see a small singer like Mr. Taormina sing "Love Is a Many Splendored Thing". Not an aria and accompany by a CD player. I even don't know why I am waisting my time.
Have fun, parents of Mr. Taormina, fan of the Enrico Caruso Museum and what ever you are.
Go and see the website of the acclaimed tenor Lamonarca and have an idea of who you are talking about. You all are a blasphemy.
Bye Bye
May 8, 2010, 5:12 pm
Soprano from New York says:
This wanna be/unknown tenor Lamonarca can't sing at all! That is why he is not popular and can't get a job! Go out in the real world and get a REAL JOB!! Better Yet GO BACK TO ITALY. BECAUSE WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND SING, THEY WILL THROW TOMATOES AT YOU! It is for a fact your are Jelious of Mr. Taormina. NOW, MR. TAORMINA IS A TRUE TENOR. You said he is a small man, Well let me tell you something for a small man he has a powerful voice and sings GREAT!. Not like you! YOU CAN"T EVEN SHINE MR. TAORMINA SHOES. YOU ARE BENEATH HIM. Stop this bickering about Mr. Taormina. after all HE IS a PROFESSIONAL & EXPIERENCED. You are an AMATURE!!! It seems to me that everyone does not like you as a person or as a singer! That is why, you will never go anywhere in this field. You will never make it in opera or anything else. You are lazy and money hungry! You are a trouble maker and inmature. So GROW UP! You have to earn your respect! In order to get it!! Which you don't have! At least I am in this field and I am at Lincoln center performing. That takes work, dedication, studying and respect. Which you don't have! You think you are the best thing in Opera, believe me you need to get out of this field. Your wasting your time!
May 8, 2010, 8:04 pm
Phil from Lower Eastside says:
What a most interesting feud. I was not there, but am sorting out the "details." I have visited the museum and it is a quaint little effort to memorialize the great Caruso. The museum is legit and I would recommend the experience of visiting it anytime. As for the phantom tenor ( Mr. Lamonarca), I looked on the www and found a few places where he appears. It appears he has a strong self image...The sites I saw are self claiming and no where is he ever sited as a "renowned" tenor. I found no one who recognizes him as a beloved tenor royjrt. He seems to be a young guy with some talent...that has a long way to go before being recognized in the field of opera. There are literally dozens...if not hundreds of singers who would like to be known in the field. As for him declaring his subsitute a "basso," I called the museum and informally found out it was a man from Staten Island. I searched him a bit and found his career to span many years with many venues where he is actually proclaimed as a fine musician...and a real TENOR. He has great credentials, so I don't know why the phantom would declare that the curator at the museum has a tin ear. I did go to the visiting tenor's various sites on the web and listened to his recordings...not really that bad, but not really that good. I think he a way to go before declaring his competency as a singer. Perhaps he can find work at those wonderful restaurants that feature, wanna be, hope to be, wish they could be, famous tenors. Hey, he could make a few bucks a night to suppor this "wife and three kids...and his house in the suburbs." I suggest any one wishing to sort out this contrivied "law suit" subscribe to the www and look for yourself.
May 8, 2010, 10:03 pm
a peace make from from L I says:
lamonarca stop to write a letter in the conpiuter, you love a trobule, a real person do not write a letter like that. God know the true, I suggest reed a bible and be a better person, go and surrend to Gad, I know cav.taormina he said I have fait in Gad, Gad Bless me with my voice and lots thinks in my life, my life dipend on Gad and I prey for my enemy, I have a waderful family and a few beautifull home and a wanderful carriera, sing ollover the world, I do not need anythink, cav. taormina said I never see thinks like that in my life, Olso he said I have lots friend I keep in toch with professinal artist and we share honest opinion, suppose be like that in life not to be jelosy.Cav. Taormina hes a man of Gad, he never attac anybady and said I have a good sleep night with Gad my enemy his in Gad ands.
May 9, 2010, 2:53 am
a peace make from from L I says:
lamonarca stop to write a letter in the conpiuter, you love a trobule, a real person do not write a letter like that. God know the true, I suggest reed a bible and be a better person, go and surrend to Gad, I know cav.taormina he said I have fait in Gad, Gad Bless me with my voice and lots thinks in my life, my life dipend on Gad and I prey for my enemy, I have a waderful family and a few beautifull home and a wanderful carriera, sing ollover the world, I do not need anythink, cav. taormina said I never see thinks like that in my life, Olso he said I have lots friend I keep in toch with professinal artist and we share honest opinion, suppose be like that in life not to be jelosy.Cav. Taormina hes a man of Gad, he never attac anybady and said I have a good sleep night with Gad, my enemy his in Gad ands.
May 9, 2010, 3:06 am
a limo drive from from N J says:
I work in the night, I have a time to write to you now in my brek, you mention to many time mr. taormina in this pass days wich is not nice,I never herd mr. taormina talk bad to nobady, hes a gentlman, that the reasen people love hem,I drove many times hem with limo to the airpot when a hes travel, I was so happy for hem wen a big company take hem with private jet in private airport in newark, i do not belive you see his web, because is lots thinks inportante there. mr.taormina feeling to be fortune with hes carriera.I think hes real blessing. this letter his for lamonarca.
May 9, 2010, 3:52 am
Baritone from New York says:
What a disgrace! In regards to this matter, this sitation must stop. Let me give you some advice Lamonarca. As for me as a baritone, I've been in the opera company for a long time. In this career we have to be disciplined in our work! As a professional your attitude does not require as a tenor or as a singer. A tenor persona should me humble and sincere. There are many critics out there and they will know if you are good or not! You have to accept good and the bad. You cannot fight with everybody that disagrees with you. I have gone to your website and I heard your voice. You need to study many more years to be ready for singing. You are not up there as a professional. You need a lot of polishing on your voice. All famous singers in the world still are learning how to become a great singer after they make it! I know you made several auditions in this field, not one opera company has taken you as a tenor. I know you will get offended, but I am telling the truth. I can see you will never go anywhere in this field! You are making bad publicity on yourself with this case. This art, not a boxing match in a ring. You are in denial. That is why you are in this situation. I haved worked with numerous artists. I never heard an artist fight like you. You know, what I am talking about. I wish you luck because you need it!
May 9, 2010, 3:01 pm
Dan from Queens says:
LAMONARCA.
GO BACK TO ITALY AMERICA DO NOT LIKE YOU
May 10, 2010, 1:20 am
I love opera from Queens, NY says:
What a shame! This LaMonarca is a disgrace.....yes, he should go back from where he first came.....Italy does not want him either....so, he comes to America where HE wants to sue!!!!?????? As Italians we are outraged!
LaMonarca does not belong in the opera community.......he does not sing well...........he needs to learn, work and practice before he acts like a "big shot".All he has done is make a very bad name for himself. The important people do not want to associate with him and will not because he has tried to defraud a wonderful man, Cav. Aldo Mancusi. This sham must stop, Mr. LaMonarca!
May 10, 2010, 4:38 pm
someone who loves opera from NYC says:
This article is a joke......LaMonarca looks like a fool in the picture........I was at the Brooklyn Borough Hall.......firstly, LaMonarca said that he was ill and would not sing...so, a friend of the Caruso Museum came just in case......LaMonarca shows up and was very rude when he say that someone was going to substitute....LaMonarca did sing and poorly I might add.....he kept going off stage between each song...this is very unprofessional and not done in the opera world.The substitute was very kind to come just in case this LaMonarca did not show. We salute Mr. Taormina for being there and boo LaMonarca for his poor behavior. He is an amature. All he did was make bad publicity for himself.....his girlfriend showed up that night dressed like she was going to dance on a pole at a disco. She is a poor representative of him also. These two should get real jobs and go back to their countries. Shame on them!
May 10, 2010, 5:08 pm
a singer from Bronx says:
Bravo Dan from Queens......I agree with you..........LaMonarca should go back to Italy.......Everyone hates his evil ways!
May 10, 2010, 5:12 pm
a lady from NYC from NYC says:
to " freedom from brooklyn",
You are clearly out numbered.
Go back to where you came from.
You are not wanted here.........."freedom" means free not "taking" from others Perhaps you should change your name to "taker"
May 10, 2010, 6:49 pm
Dominick from Queens says:
It is amazing that this squirt from Italy is getting all this press. His reputation preceeds him and now trails him. I know some people in the local opera community. They gave me the lowdown on this import. He missed his calling. OPERA is not for him...and he is not for Opera. He needs to find a nice woman in some small town in Sicily or Napoli and get a job in a barber shop. There he could sing to his heart's content and no one will hear him.
May 16, 2010, 10 am
a singer from the Bronx from Bronx says:
Good going Dominic from Queens...well said! This guy came here without a penny or euro and wanted to promote himself and his cheap girlfriend with others money.....Yep, he should get a job!
May 18, 2010, 12:40 pm
opera love from from brooklyn says:
I'am on opera lover for many years, I've never heard a singer like him. TERRIBLE ,I don't know why he wants to be on opera star? He has no techneque and no quality in his voice.I am agreeing with other people comments that have said about him.He should listen to himself how he sings. He must be TONE DEAF.
UN MALATO DI TESTA MONTATO, SI CHIAMA TENORE ? CHI E' ARRIVATO CARUSO? ma mi faccia il piacere e' la smette di fare queste pagliacciate.
May 18, 2010, 11:05 pm
Operalover from Manhattan says:
Well, this seems to be getting out of hand. It is obvious these letters are written by the friends of these two wannabe's. I went on their web sites and they are both egomaniacs. The old man is past his prime ( heard him on youtube and his site....HELP! ) the young man also has a site. One is past his prime and the other is a dreamer if he thinks he is going to be a singer in the real world of opera. Sad all around.
May 23, 2010, 7:42 pm
NYC diva from New York City says:
The sad part is that this LaMonarca thought that he could come 'from nowhere" and take advantage of a wonderful gentleman, Mr. Mancusi. THIS is the sad part.
May 25, 2010, 9:34 am
a good person from Queens says:
IN THIS CASE EGOMANIACS ARE LA lAMONARCA, HE START THIS TROUBLE, THE OTHER TENOR DO NOT STAR TROUBLE HE HIS A VERY GOOD SINGER AND A VERY GOOD PERSON,NEVER FIGHT LIKE LAMONARCA,YOU ARE NOT OPERALOVER, ON OPERALOVER DO NOT MAKE A COMMENT LIKE THIS. I DO NOT CaRE FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU OR LAMONARCA SING GOOD OR BAD. LAMONARCA ARE NOT WELCOME IN THIS CONTRY. THANK GAD WE HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO. ENJOE LIFE TO HAVE RESPET FOR OTHER AND SPECIAL FOR A NICE SINGER AND NICE PEOPLE.
May 25, 2010, 3:02 pm
from Mahattan says:
This comment to operalove. I Know Cav. Di Collana Tenore Taormina. for you information Tenor Taormina with sing
make real good have lots proprety in ITALY,Florida, New Yok and more.
This Lamonarca are un morto di fame,e' geloso.
I am Shure now you have more bad comment.
who care. by ...by....by....................
May 25, 2010, 5:05 pm
NYC Diva from New York City says:
People are getting too excited over this "grifter" LaMonarca. Please do not call the other gentleman an egomaniac. He was only helping when LaMonarca said he would not sing that evening. Please remember this. It is not fair to attack this man who is a lovely guy who sings and entertains for many years.

All of this trouble started and now should end with this wannabe LaMonarca.
May 25, 2010, 5:11 pm
A Singer from from manhattan says:
make real good have lots proprety in ITALY,Florida, New Yok and more.
This Lamonarca are un morto di fame, e' geloso.
I am Shure, now you have more bad comment abauth this.
who care. by ...by....by....................
May 25, 2010, 5:12 pm
an ARTIST from NEW YORK CITY says:
opera love from manhattan.
Sarry you are wrong to make this comment abauth n'artist who have many years of exsperiance to sing, shame on you, I think you are lamonarca to write this, who Also.
May 25, 2010, 6:53 pm
ARTIST from opera from NEW YORK CITY says:
TO opera love from manhattan.
May 25, 2010, 6:54 pm
Someone who is Thankful from New York says:
Thank God. I am so glad that Lamornaco is in Italy! Finally. Let him Stay there for good! I never heard a man can cause so many problems in this field. This hole thing started when lamornaca decided to cancel his singing engagement and placed an article with the Brooklyn paper. He caused a bad publicilty for himself. I am happy that he is gone and never come back to America. Thank You God!!!
May 25, 2010, 11:14 pm
OPERA CRITICO from NEW YORK says:
SONO UN ITALIANO CRITICO DI VOCI,
LAMONARCA, SE HA AMICI CHE LO DIFENDONO TUTTI SIETE ORECCHI FODERATI DI PELLE,
SE SI SENTE TENORE NON DIMOSTRA NIENTE E' UN DILLETTANTE. TUTTI QUELLI CHE STUDIANO DI FARE CARRIERA ANNO UNA GRANDE DISCIPLINA. SI STUDIA PIU' DI OTTO ANNI E' SI CONTINUA SENPRE A' STUDIARE, UNO STUDIO INFINITO, UN VERO ARTISTA NON CRITICA NESSUNO E UN'ASCESA MOLTO, DIFFICILE E'PIENA DI UMILIAZIONI.CON LA VOCE GREZZA CHE LUI A'PUO' ARRIVARE APPENA UN SOL STRAZIANTE, E' NON PARLIAMO DI VERI ACUTI, SI NATURALE E' IL DO NATURALE, SE SI A' LE QUALITA'.LEGARE IL SUONO. I FIATI, L'IMPOSTAZIONE DELLA VOCE SENZA SFORZARE, ECCEDERA....LAMONARCA SE SI PERMETTE DI CONTRA ATTACCARE A' QUESTA VERITA'E FUORI DI SENNO.ASPETTERO'IN FUTURO I RISULTATI DI QUESTO CANTANTE.
May 26, 2010, 7:42 pm
DIVA from nyc says:
If LaMonarca did not try to swindle and rob those around him, he would not be receiving such bad feelings.....this is it ....no one likes someone who is devious............opera critico....you do not know what this LaMonarca tried to do...........he should not be receiving your defense..........he should be put in jail.
May 26, 2010, 9:10 pm
opera critico from new york says:
dear Diva.
I saied lamonarca hes not good singer not prepare for opera, this tenor have no future, I seid the true In Italian, I am a critico for opera and voice, in this field more then 50 yers I know wath I hem tolking abauth. sarry for my english.
I remember the tenor Giuseppe Taormina long time a go sing in Philadelphia opera company la Traviata was wery good tenor, and In New York Hunter college in Tosca, and Cavalleria Rusticana, did you know hem? I see his web I sent a email hope he remember me. Gad Bless opera critico
May 27, 2010, 4:46 pm
Mario from Bayridge says:
Hey, I own land in Florida and in Brooklyn...but I can't sing. What does owning land have to do with singing. Maybe you can sing in Florida or any other place you own land...just don't come to Brooklyn and to sing...take a rest from your bragging. You'll need to practice more before trying your old voice out on us guys.
May 31, 2010, 12:15 am
a nice person from brooklyn says:
Mario. Bless came from Gad,
Jelious came from evil.
May 31, 2010, 12:58 am
a real man from brooklyn says:
Mario this old voice out on us guys you said, have I C note you frend do not have,
one I C note I can sent you straight to the moon and enjoy there.
May 31, 2010, 10:20 am
Soprano from New York says:
Mario,
It seems you don't know anything about singing? This experienced tenor(Taormina) is not bragging! He did nothing wrong. He's not old! lamarnarco started this whole Mess for no reason!! I know for sure this wanna be tenor lamarnarco will go no where!!! He is immature!! I know a tenor from the Metropolitan opera house his name is Lauri Volpe he was 90 years old and still singing at that time.I remember him when I was a child. I saw him in You tube. Still today there are plenty of opera singers from the Metropolitan opera house at a late age are singing! I can name a few, Lucia Albanese,Placido Domingo, and more..... Still today they are singing in concerts!! Even non opera singers are still singing today at a late age. Tony Bennet, Jilia Andrews, Rod Stewart, Barbara Striesand and many more... Maybe you and your brother Luigi should build houses in Florida and stay there for good!
May 31, 2010, 11:15 am
guys from brooklyn says:
mario. bad comment you made for a real true tenor, the truth is, No body care for you and your friend sing in the restaunt! the real tenor sing on stage opera and concert not in a restaurant. lamonarca have layoff from restaurant because everybody complain voice and attitude.
May 31, 2010, 6:56 pm
Melvin from Philadelphia says:
I live in Philadelphia and know the Philadelphia Opera Company very well. I’ve had season tickets for over thirty years. Neither I nor anyone I know has ever heard of Giuseppe Taormina. There is no record of him singing opera here. His YouTube performances prove he does not have the tonal quality to sing in real opera here or anywhere. He should stop bragging about what
he has not done in the opera world.
June 1, 2010, 6:35 pm
diva from NYC says:
This is out of hand now............the problem is NOT Mr. Taormina.............he only did a favor to help when "the grifter" LaMonarca said he would not show up. The real problen IS LaMonarca.............Now let's stop this PLEASE
June 1, 2010, 11:21 pm
diva from NYC says:
Let us all stop this madness. Leave Mr. Taormina alone as he was only trying to help when this guy LaMonarca said he would not appear. The problem is LaMonarca beware of him.
June 2, 2010, 1:29 pm
opera love from new york says:
Mr. Melvin.
I've had season tickets over forty years with Metropolitan Opera company. I get the Opera News. when I reed this magazine I do not know singer have sing with Met. In July 2000 Mr. Taormina picture was in the opera News.Now this is not true for you? you should stop bragging yurself. Mr.Taormina have a good tonal quality voice to sing, you do not know voice. you do not go to the opera,a person go to the opera should know a tonal quality singer. please stop Mr. Melvin
June 3, 2010, 6:49 am
Melvin from Philadelphia says:
How silly that you tell me that I don’t go to the opera. You make many assumptions about people and this is what is wrong with you…whoever you are, you need to realize that both men are midgets in the world of opera. I feel sad for you trying to make someone into a singer…when he is not. I am not Mr. Melvin. Melvin is my first name.
June 3, 2010, 12:09 pm
Maria from new york says:
dear diva from NYC.
You are a good person, the real problem IS lamonarca and now Melvin this never
stop. this my first and last to do a comment. Melvin and Lamonarca I think are the same person, better not to be madness over this, this people do not have better things to do.
June 3, 2010, 10:38 pm
no name from new york says:
sarry, I should saed, Mr.problem not Mr.Melvin
June 4, 2010, 10:16 am
Opera critic NYC from NYC says:
Okay, it’s time to stop the chatter. I have heard both men. I went to the web site for these men and laughed. Both of them are dreaming if they think they are opera singers. GT is an old novice and LM is a young novice. Where they get off thinking anyone would think they are or were tenors is beyond me. I have expertise in this area of opera. I have attended operas for the last 25 years and these men are fooling themselves if they think they are singers.. I have been an opera critic for two newspapers. They are not fooling the public!
June 5, 2010, 9:05 pm
no name says:
opera critic, this you opinion. Mr.G.T. stop to do opera because make more money in concert around the world, you are like lamorca he said Mr. Taormina are basso not tenor. He Is a real fool and youself, Mr.Taormina are a tenor, I do not care for you opinion you are onother problem person. you make lots people laughed with you critic, go and learn more abaut voice, Mr. Taormina start to sing in Parma Italy with creat Maestro Avnzini where a real and true opera voice came from. Stupid...........
June 6, 2010, 12:13 pm
a lady from Brooklyn says:
Opera critic.
You said unprofessional things. Mr. Taormina was award for two Scolarsip with Metropolitan Opera company. Mr. John Goodman was in charge to give this prestige award at the time.
I was for a long time in the Committee with smoll Opera Company includa Regina Pacis Brooklyn . I wnated Mr. Taormina to sing for Us because I know He have the ability. He never sing for Us because he have lots work sing and travel.I do belive you are not critic for the newspaper, a critic should know better.
good luck
June 6, 2010, 3:43 pm
diva from NYC says:
Now, let this be the last of this please.......the only person who should hide his face is this LaMonarca....he tried to de-freud...do not forget this...Let's end this and stop bashing a man Mr. Taormina who only tried to help when the other guy would not.....Now fini!
June 6, 2010, 4:58 pm
laura from Long Island says:
I think you should stop to make a comment, the real troble are Lamonarca and few people difend Hem, sarry it is the true.
June 6, 2010, 9:19 pm
Bruno from Brooklyn ny says:
You people are amazing going back and forth accusing each other of this and that. Why don’t you put an end to it all by admitting that these tenors are nuts. One old man and one young man acting like two kids arguing over who can hit the ball farther. From what I’ve read here both of you are no talents and need to get off the opera train.
June 7, 2010, 9:10 pm
a nice man from brooklyn says:
Lamonarca Is nut and evil, make lots comment over this, nobady difend Hem,
old or yong, sing good or bad who care. lamonarca stop to write a comment.
June 7, 2010, 10:11 pm
love from new york says:
Bruno lamonarca are a very jelious person. the other tenor is not, jelious came from evil Bless come from God, the other tenor do not care for comment or opinion because have God in is heart. He is a Blessing person from God. He love God he love people he is very good person people love Hem.
Lamonarca he need God to be a good person with out God he will never have a peace.
Hope........
June 8, 2010, 8:53 am
diva from nyc says:
This is not about anyone's ability to sing. It is about agorance, greed and poor judgement....on the part of LaMonarca. HE started this trouble by going to the Brooklyn paper and proclaimed himself a tenor. HE said he was going to sue a man who had already given him money. LaMonarca "burned his bridges" because of his greed. Let us hope he is going to stay in Italy and leave the NYC opera community alone. We have never seen such a poor performance of him or his character.
June 8, 2010, 10:53 am
Mr. Melvin from Philadelphia says:
I have looked all over the internet for this singer that is supposed to have sung in operas here in Philadelphia. The only thing is find is his web site with a curtain opening up like he is a king or something and youtube performances that are disgusting. Give it up now before you embarrass yourself any further mr. terramina
June 8, 2010, 2:56 pm
Luisa from NJ says:
brava diva. Lamonarca He started this trouble he think is a tenor, I'm a big fan of Mr. Taormina I was at the Enrico Caruso Musium one time and Mr.Taormina sang a few song which I enjoed very much with my groop, I came back onther time at the musium and Mr. taormina sang 'Di Quella Pira del Trovatore' my fevor aria and more arie and song, I have a good time. Mr. Taormina and Mr. Mancusi are two perfet gentleman. Hope Lamonarca go back to Italy and never come back.
June 8, 2010, 4:14 pm
fiore from brooklyn says:
This became a very popular commernt.
Thank you Lamonarca for be a trouble make! you are very famos in this not in sing. You need to be a nice person do not cost you money for this .lots people conpleing about you.
You alredy have problem with six professional people, af you not get you way you do trouble and you know wath you did. Better you not respond this comment, af you respond you are a very ...very... terrible....person.
June 8, 2010, 6:19 pm
Love from queens says:
TWOSOME MELVIN and LAMONARCA.
Shame.... Shame.... Shame.........
June 9, 2010, 6:36 am
Fiore from brooklyn says:
Mr. Taormina have sing opera many time In Philadelphia Olso Teatro Lirico Philadelphia in the pass, Maestro Fabiani was the Conducctor, is advise was Maestro Francesco Molinari Pradelli at the time and Maestro Aldo Di Tullio New York was Mr. Taormina coach from the Metropolitan Opera Company.
You need more information jelious baby melvin lamonarca?
You are nut.
June 9, 2010, 7:52 am
luigi from brooklyn says:
Hey, lamona I know you look for job I have a job for you, come to my restaurant sweep and clean.
June 9, 2010, 9:15 am
Maria from Brooklyn says:
I'M A Fan.

PLEASSE. LAMONARCA DO NOT INSOLT A PROFESSIONAL TALENT CAV. TAORMINA HE HAVE A GREAT REPUTATION.
June 9, 2010, 9:40 am
Bob from New York says:
Lamonarca.I visit Your web,
you face look like a Halloween mask, you voice sound terrible
you expression look a detctor, un tiranno
It is very scary.
June 9, 2010, 11:22 am
Bob from New York says:
Lamonarca.I visit Your web,
you face look like a Halloween mask, you voice sound terrible
you expression look a detctor, un tiranno
It is very scary.
June 9, 2010, 11:22 am
TD from Fort Wadsworth says:
I saw Mr. Tarmina once and he does not look loke a clown. We are talking about his voise. He is handsom his voice is terible
June 9, 2010, 5:28 pm
luigi from brooklyn says:
Hey lamonarca.
My restaurant need a man sweep and clean, I need you please com this job is good for you.
June 9, 2010, 7:01 pm
Bella Ciscone from Brooklyn says:
Giuseppe moglie è la ragione per la quale NON E 'PIACIUTO
June 10, 2010, 7:01 pm
Bella Ciscone from Brooklyn says:
Sig. Taormina ha bisogno di prendere lezioni di voce. Non ha tecnica. Egli disturba la peope quando cerca di cantare ad alta c. Ha di urlare la nota.
June 10, 2010, 9:15 pm
people from Brooklyn says:
Hey, Lamonarca people tell me you sent a email for June 19 show in brooklyn, the best part of this email you going to sing " Nessun Dorma?" you Going to sing this aria like Pavarotti? you can't sing a song fogert this aria, a real tenor sing in tone, for you is good 4 tone dawn, an opera star sing 4 tone dawn? I like to prepare for you a nice bascket of tomato you will enjoe at and of this aria. I will be there.
Cretino Spaventa passeri.
June 10, 2010, 10:46 pm
people from brooklyn says:
Brutta Ciascone.
In Italiano " significa " fat person eat lots food.
You understand danz on the polo bar.
You talk about H C ? lamonarca have a low C range.you and lamonarca are a trouble.finaly he find a simile wife like hem. both you do not reed music
Mrs. la monarca
statte zitta ignorante stupid.
June 11, 2010, 8:05 am
Rosina from di bari says:
This For brutta ciscone ,no bella ciscone, you are melvin,lamonarca and valentina 3 in one, very bad.
go on polo danze in the bar shame, shame, on you.
You love, non vincera' con Nessun Dorma , ma perdera'
the oll community they know a bed you people are.
Thank God people know the true.
June 11, 2010, 2:19 pm
a lady from broklyn says:
We oll know in our community lamonarca and and new wife are trobule.
please we oll stop to write maybe a peace came, we do oll this for our good God we wiil have a Blessing.
June 11, 2010, 3:32 pm
Bella Ciscone from Brooklyn says:
However you areyou are rude and not a nice person. Everywhere I go wen I see Giuseppe his wife there takingg pictres and withthe biga mouth. She troubla. No write bad abot me no more you the troubla
June 11, 2010, 5:52 pm
rosina from di bari says:
to a brutta ciascone .Si you are the valentina polo bar denze, giuseppe wife? I-20do not kncw who she is, but I do know you. Som people told me she are more class than you, and I belive it.
June 11, 2010, 10:36 pm
rosina from di bari says:
to a brutta ciascone .Si you are the valentina polo bar danze, giuseppe wife? I do not know who she is, but I do know you. Som people told me she are more class than you, and I belive it.
June 11, 2010, 10:36 pm
mezzo soprano from NY says:
I'm a mezzo soprano sing oll over include Arena di Verona in Santuzza and other opera. my friend and I we wanted to start a new opera company. we search for a new singer one person mention to me this lamonarca, I went to his web and I reed is biograpy he compare his voice to a great Caruso when I clik to is C D play o my God this is not Caruso.You comper you voice to Caruso? you voice is a terrible.
Please do not insolt the Great Caruso comper to you voice, go in the real opera and you will see a good voice sarry you do not know the real tenor. you voice is not to raccomend to any one.
nex time I will tell my name.
June 12, 2010, 11 am
Bella Ciscone from Brooklyn says:
Giuseppe' la moglie di s è un istigatore. Sta dicendo sempre quanto buon è e che cosa fa. Dice che Giuseppe va qui e là. I don' la t la crede
June 13, 2010, 9:08 pm
diva from NYC says:
Now, let us stop this. Giuseppe's wife is not the cause for this article...Let us not forget who is.....it is the corrupt, fraudulent LaMonarca....Amen....Let us end this please.
June 16, 2010, 4:32 pm
Angela Mirabella from Yonkers says:
La moglie del Giuseppe è un creatore di difficoltà dovunque vada. Troppo vantandosi.
June 16, 2010, 9:27 pm
a woman from queens says:
to a cip bar polo danze and cip dressed valentina an her friend, bad people like you never stop trouble.
God Bless a good people, you never going to have a Blessing from God.
Shame on you.
June 17, 2010, 2:43 am
Michael Longo from Long Island says:
È tempo per Giuseppe Taormina di ritirarsi. La sua voce è vecchia e più non ha la tecnica adeguata da cantare. Grida le sue note perché non ha l'alimentazione. Ritiri prego a Florida ed apra un ristorante. Non desideriamo sentirli cantare altro. Rivestimento.
June 18, 2010, 8:34 am
Hazel Gottleib from NYC says:
Now it time for all of you to stop writing and learn English......get Rosetta Stone and learn how to write and spell English.
June 21, 2010, 4:17 pm
Bernie Lipschitz from Brooklyn says:
Hazel is right!!! These people are murdering the English language. I can only imagine how an English song sounds coming from either of them. If they pronounce their words like they write them - when they sing, it must be hilarious.
June 23, 2010, 5:17 pm
Reverend Bruno from Brooklyn says:
You are all wrong about Mr. Taormina. He is a pentecostal man and a born again Christian and is not a bad man like some of you say. He is a good man.
June 24, 2010, 6:57 am
diva from nyc says:
You are correct, Rev. Bruno............. Mr. Taormina is a good man................the evil one is LaMonarca.
June 27, 2010, 4:34 pm
Carmella Ansanto from Long Island says:
I heard Mr. Taormina sing at a Catholic mass. He is not pentecostal. He is Catholic man
June 28, 2010, 7:37 pm
mama from nyc says:
go to www.wimp.com/threetenors You will hear o'sole mio sung beautifully
July 8, 2010, 3:46 pm
pace from new york says:
finalmente un po di pace grazie il buon DIO.Lamonarca a fatto tanti danni alle persone innocenti.
July 30, 2010, 3:36 pm
Bill DiBiasi from Dyker Heights says:
I wish Mr. Taormina would learn the words of the English songs he sings. I heard him recently and could not understand his English. If you are going to sing in English, it shouldn't sound like a foreign language. This debate is far from over.
Oct. 18, 2010, 11:02 pm
angelina marconi from brooklyn says:
Mr DiBiasi, you are correct...........Taormina is past his prime and should not be singing in English. It is most embarrassing to hear him butcher the language. His voice is not good for opera. The only way he gets appearances is by his wife baggering people. We have seen him at events and are appalled at his poor performances. Per favore, Mr Taormina.....stop...enough.
Oct. 31, 2010, 6:58 pm
Mike Buono from Perth Amboy says:
I have never heard Mr. Taormina in person but, I have looked at his web site and heard his singing there. The man has to be an egomanic to think that he is an opera singer.
Oct. 31, 2010, 7:04 pm
Bobby Fiorini from Staten Island says:
Hey...Taormina is 75 years old...what do you want. When your that age it is time to retire.
Nov. 4, 2010, 8:48 pm
Marc Greenberg from Park Slope says:
This is really a mess. I found this site when I was looking for a local tenor to sing at a party. I heard the old guy on YOU TUBE and he is less than terrible. Whoever gave him lessons needs to be put out to pasture. I haven't heard anything worse than this in years. Hey, when you're 75 someone has to tell you to enjoy your grandchildren and make bird houses in your shop.
Nov. 6, 2010, 4:06 pm
Vinny from Brooklyn says:
LaMonarca stinks and so does Taormina.....both do not know how to sing Opera. It is a disgrace and we are tired of seeing them try to represent opera singers. Both should stay home and allow talented people to entertain. It becomes a comical circus when they sing as LaMonarca is so "full of himself" and Taormina actually thinks that he is of high quality while his class-less wife annoys everyone to promote him. Our community is sick of them and they are most disgraceful to the Italian community.
Nov. 6, 2010, 8:20 pm
Mary Quadracci from Bensenhurst says:
Guiseppe Taormina, Tenor...says he's the king of IC. What in the world is I C? Turn on YOUTUBE and wear your earplugs. It is the sound of an old man TRYING to sing opera. What a disgrace to the field.
Nov. 10, 2010, 11:14 pm
Bobby Defilipo from Gravesend says:
Mary you are right. This old man, Guiseppe Taormina needs to bring a law suit against his teacher in Italy. Mama Mia...go to YOUTUBE and confirm what Mary says. Disgraceful!
Nov. 11, 2010, 6:04 pm
Madelana Puccini from West Orange, NJ says:
Just when you think you've heard the worst singer, you click on YOUTUBE, looking for Italian songs and you hear Guiseppe Taormina, Tenor. At that point you reach for earplugs and hope nobody in the house knows you even listened to one note this old timer is singing. Who does he think he is screaming out his note. My ears will never be the same.
Nov. 12, 2010, 10:41 pm
Bobby Venditti from Bensonhurst says:
YouTube should be sued for letting Guiseppe Taormina, Tenor sing. Unbelievably baddddddd.
Nov. 15, 2010, 9:51 pm
DINA from BRONX says:
You people have nothing better to do to make fun of others!!! Just look at yourselfs! How ridiculious you all sound. It seams to me you are JELOUS of THESE TENORS. Who cares what other people think OR do!!! Have you ever hear the saying silence is golden? WHAT IDIOTS! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! STOP THIS BICERING!!!! Everyone should stop this nonsence and all should mind their OWN business!! We all have an opinion so KEEP IT TO YOURSELFS!!!!!!!!!!! END THIS NOW!! YOU ALL SOUND SO STUPID!!!!!!!!
Nov. 15, 2010, 11:07 pm
Angela from From NJ City Opera says:
Brava Dina,
This are LOW LIFE JELOUS EVIL people.

God Bless you and a nice People like you.
Nov. 16, 2010, 12:17 am
Francesca from Bensonhurst says:
All of you people should stop bothering eachother. Both of these tenors need lessons and should practice in the shower. Why does every Italian think they can sing opera. I am Italian and I don't go around trying to impress people with my voice. I am a good person and think these people should stop complaining, stop arguing and PLEASE...STOP SINGING. Both singers are terrible.
Nov. 29, 2010, 7:17 pm
Carmella from Staten Island says:
I never hear of this Guiseppe Taormina. But I think he think himself a big tenor. WHen I can go to hear him I tell you what I think.
Dec. 3, 2010, 6:34 pm
Carmella from Staten Island says:
I hear him at the house with the politician. He no good.
Dec. 23, 2010, 9:50 pm
Barbara from Bay Ridge says:
How can anyone say they should keep their opinion to themselves. That's what an opinion is. It is thinking out loud. Go on YOU TUBE and listen to Guiseppe Taormina sing. Make sure you have your earplugs when you do. All he does is SCREAM his notes. This is not a trained operatic voice because he does not have the tonal quality or the technique necessary for the world of opera. Neither does the other tenor, Luciano Lamanarca. Both should not be singing opera as young children will get the wrong impression as to what opera REALLY IS! Now this should be the last opinion for this story. Please, I know opera...I lecture on opera. I understand opera and what is needed to have a voice and presence for opera. These two need to hang up their larynx. FINI FINI FINI FINI enough already!
Feb. 5, 2011, 12:17 am
Mario D'Amico from Yonkers says:
I hear Guiseppe Taormina many times in when I go see a wedding. He sing in St. Catherine's church and I hear him sing songs. He loud.
Feb. 24, 2011, 9:55 pm
Bobby Venaccia from South Amboy says:
IT is good to see this mess is finally over. Good luck to all the people who took time to comment.
Aug. 16, 2011, 11:31 pm
Beverly Mangunia from Bensenhurst says:
I don't know why people pick on Luciano. He is a big singer with the Met. Guiseppe Taormina never sang there.
Jan. 18, 2012, 6:41 pm
TENORMAN from Bronx says:
I was doing some research on New York music failures and found this article.Wow. This has been quite a series of comments. I listened to both men on their WebSites and can tell you this. One is too old to sing and I doubt if he was ever able to sing. One is too stuck on himself to make it professionally. It would be good for both men to get daytime jobs and weekend jobs and spare the public. Mr. Taormina should now retire and Mr. Lamanarca should exit back to the land of his birth and leave American Tenors and Opera alone.
May 29, 2012, 8:41 pm
TENORMAN from Bronx says:
May 29, 2012, 8:41 pm
Cav Uff. Aldo Mancusi from Brooklyn, N. Y. says:
I'm just glad this is over, I have to thank Mr La Monarca for all the people who came to visit the Enrico Caruso Museum. Most came to see what we have done for the past 30 years for Enrico Caruso and the history of his life, and heard about us from his fictitious stories. Aug.18,2014
Aug. 18, 2014, 8:02 pm
Mella Castorole from Astoria Queens says:
Now I've read it all. This must be the script to a play. It must be a comedy. Everybody thinks they can sing tenor. These two guys must be deluded to think they're singers. Go on line if you want to crack up. Neither of them can sing.
May 16, 2015, 7:31 pm