A pizza place across from Motorino — and better?!

Like Brooklyn Paper on Facebook.

There’s beer and pizza, and then there’s Peroni, Italian hospitality and the best damn pizza in Williamsburg.

We only say it when we mean it folks, and Trattoria 312 on Graham Avenue could very well have the crispiest, sauciest ’za in the neighborhood — and it’s right across the street from its hottest competition, Motorino.

The Italian bistro — which recently changed hands from Barosa, but kept most of its classic menu — has the date night trifecta: restaurant quality food, quick and friendly service, and all the makings of a real sports bar.

And let us remind you that it’s across from Motorino, which is hailed far and wide as a gourmet Neapolitan delicacy. We tried the sausage pie from both parlors, and the Trattoria slice is every bit as good as the heavyweight champ when you compare crust, sauce and overall flavor.

You don’t have to believe only us. Even a Phillies fan likes it.

“This place is exactly why Williamsburg is awesome,” said Jess Vogel, who recently sat down for a pie to watch her beloved team lose. “It’s an old school, traditional Brooklyn pizza spot with local art and graffiti on the walls.”

The art displays and elongated bar were touches added by Brooklyn born-and-bred owner Joe Prezioso, who’s taking his first crack at the restaurant biz. A newbie, maybe, but his experience at swanky hotels in Manhattan and his partnership with a 10-year professional pizza guy will prove to be successful in the coming months.

And really, it’s all about the pizza ($8-12) at Trattoria. We salivated over the simple ingredients — tomatoes, prosciutto and sausage, among others — and chef Patsy’s keen grasp of the brick oven fundamentals come together for textural and tasty perfection. By the way, we had three pies, so you know it’s good.

If you’re looking for other Italian treats, try the Penne Pomodoro ($10) with tomato and basil, a load of mussels ($14) in an edible calzone-like container, or check the place out for brunch on the weekends.

Or just head in for a couple glasses of Scotch for your favorite game like we did — the bar easily seats a dozen and the TV is huge (oh, and the bar doesn’t have Cablevision).

“I want this to be for the neighborho­od,” Prezioso said. “Through the appearance, the food and the music, we’re slowly expanding to let people choose their own experience here.”

Trattoria 312 [312 Graham Ave. near Ainslie Street in Williamsburg, (718) 218-8135].

Like Brooklyn Paper on Facebook.

Mr. L from FDR from Bensonhurst says:
Took a group of teachers for a great afternoon of food and drink! From Bensonhurst where food is king. We had a great time. Joe's hospitality is exceptional and everyone can't wait to go back!
Highly recommended for all..
Nov. 12, 2010, 6:01 pm
Dave from Clinton Hill says:
Looks great, will def try!
Nov. 12, 2010, 8:07 pm
Maura from Park Slope says:
Was here last week with my boyfriend and loved the food - everything we had was to die for. My only comment is the graffiti on the back wall...they should get real graffiti artists if they want graffiti..I don't know who they let paint it as is!
But go for the food - the mussels, the pizza, the calzone..hoping they change the art in the back soon!
Nov. 12, 2010, 8:37 pm
RichieT says:
Best calamari around. Great pastas, pizza and calzone. highly recommended
Nov. 12, 2010, 10:14 pm
Maryann from Dyker Heights says:
This restaurant far surpasses any restaurant in Bay Ridge. The quality, service and food are worth the ride to Williamsburg. Try the mussels or the pasta carbonara....excellent. Getting hungry just writing about it...
Nov. 13, 2010, 11:23 am
Joey from Clinton Hills says:
oh, it's fun to take a contrary position, but c'mon, Motorino kicks ass!
Nov. 14, 2010, 10:45 pm
Teresa from Carroll Gardens says:
Living in Carroll Gardens some of the restaurants in my neighborhood receive great write ups and usually don’t live up to the hype. All I can say is I’m glad I venture off to other neighborhoods because this is a gem of a find. I’ve been a Barosa fan and now a Trattoria fan. Pizza rankings are very subjective. My sons still think Dominos is real pizza, go figure ? I don’t get all the nonsense about the graffiti, who cares the food is great. Do you care about the condition of Di Fara’s ? of course but I still patronize the place. Motorino does have very good pizza and so does Trattoria 312. Better ?! Maybe. I have been to some of the best ranked pizza places in the book, Lucali’s, Di Fara, Grimaldi’s , Ignatizo’s and the list goes on….Trattoria does holds its own and has a place on my list. Especially the calzone. Quite a few things Motorino doesn’t have is the rest of Trattoria’s menu. Buttermilk Channel in Carroll Gardens has great write ups, always a big crowd for dinner and brunch. Food is just ok. All I can think of is the owner paid through the nose for the notoriety. The service stinks, the waiters and waitresses always seem angry. I waited for brunch on a Sunday 40 minutes for what? A loud place, angry staff and OK food. I just don’t get it! Thank God for Trattoria 312. The brunch here is what Buttermilk should be serving. Nice owner, friendly staff that smiles and one heck of a Bloody Mary make this my favorite Brunch spot. If Trattoria 312 was located in Carroll Gardens it would be the talk of the town and receive the reviews they rightfully deserves. Hopefully more good press will find its way to Trattoria 312 the way the Brooklyn Paper did. Good Job.
Nov. 15, 2010, 9:48 am
Benny & Joan from from Marine Park says:
Found this restaurant on slice.com. Made the trek from Marine Park to Williamsburg. Have to rate his margherita pizza, best ever!! We will be returning to this place again for sure....
Nov. 15, 2010, 11:10 pm
Kelly from Staten Island says:
I immeditely felt at home when I entered Trattoria 312. The owner Joseph Prezioso couldn't have been nicer. The food was delish! The Margarita and White Pie along with a Brooklyn lager from the neighborhood brewery hit the spot!

The combination of rustic and youthful decor kept for good conversation. The restaurant is a quasi art gallery which will continue to change and feature young and talented artists, which is the essence and life blood of Williamsburg's scene. I can't wait to go back!
Nov. 16, 2010, 11:17 am
Chet Patel from Williamsburg says:
Wonderful atmosphere once you step in. What should i tell about Pizza??? Forget Grimaldi's burned down pizza & waiting in a line outside for hours or Carmine's highly loaded calories Pizza. This is the true Brooklyn's Pizza that everybody must try. Everything was perfect. Great Staff, nice interiors, very clean place.

Keep it up.
Nov. 24, 2010, 3:45 pm
Joe the Butcher from Dyker Heights says:
Having eaten there once and absolutely falling in love with the place, I can only say one thing......the only reason anyone would say anything bad about this place would be because they want to keep this place a secret so they can have it all to themselves. I myself being an italian Brooklyn boy from Dyker Heights can tell you that the food is super fresh, super tasty, and the owner really knows how to make you feel at home. Well done Joe.... I was a butcher for more then 20 years, eat out regularly, and I know good food when I have it.Enjoy!!
Dec. 20, 2010, 11:50 am
joel from williamsburg says:
tried the four cheese pizza, outstanding
Feb. 3, 2011, 6:39 am
Vincenzo from Staten Island says:
What a gem!
Took my family for an early Valentine's Day dinner on Saturday and had a great time. Cozy atmosphere, great food and very good prices. When this place really gets discovered, you'll have to wait in-line to get in.
Try the personal pizzas, they are superb- and the mussels in the bread basket...delicioso!!!
Feb. 14, 2011, 11:30 am
Grace from BayRidge says:
This is by far the best restaurant I've eaten in in a very long time. There Bolognese is outstanding, my favorite. Went with a group of friends who couldn't believe we came to Williamsburg to experience such great food. Wonderful service and experience. I rave about it to all my friends and family.
Feb. 28, 2011, 10:32 am