The Parks Department is considering making it illegal to feed the ducks in Prospect Park, ending a tradition that goes back generations. Here are some other traditional activities that should probably be banned, too:
• Breathing — It’s just creating too much carbon dioxide.
• Jumping in leaf piles — It’s cruel to twigs.
• Pick-up football — Overly stigmatizes the last-picked kid.
• Kite flying — Encourages children to stand around, burning no calories.
• Kickball — It’s really cruel to the ball.
• Frisbee — It could take an eye out.
• Picnicking — Crumbs are causing ant obesity epidemic.
• Reading the paper — Casts shadows that can kill microscopic grass mites.
• Bike riding — It’s called a “walk in the park” for a reason, folks. See also: Jogging.
• Painting — All images of Prospect Park are property of the Parks Department and cannot be reproduced or disseminated in any form.
• Bird watching — Could lead to dancing, which could lead to feeding.
• Executing hundreds of geese in the middle of the night — Popular with government officials, but always a bad public relations move.
©2010 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not BrooklynPaper.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to BrooklynPaper.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.