Crime is crazy bad in Fort Greene

88th Precinct

Fort Greene–Clinton Hill

Ring off

A marauder knocked down a woman on Washington Avenue on Oct. 24 to steal her iPhone — yet another attack caused by an Apple-crazed bandit.

The 37-year-old victim from Manhattan told cops she was near Gates Avenue at 11 pm when a 20-something stranger pushed her, yelled, “Shut up!” and seized the mobile.

Cops described the suspect as a 23-year-old, 5-foot-9 man wearing a red coat.

Phone haul

A sneaky crook snatched a Manhattanite’s iPhone on St. Edwards Street on Oct. 25.

The 24-year-old victim told cops he was near Park Avenue at 3:30 pm when a bandit swiped the Apple device and fled.

Mobile groan

Teenage thieves stole the iPhone from a woman on Washington Avenue on Oct. 28 — pushing her to the ground when she tried to fight back.

The 27-year-old victim told police that she was talking on her phone near Willoughby Avenue at 10 pm when a young bandit swiped the device and scrammed.

The woman chased after him, but another kid pushed her down.

Cops are seeking two 15-year-old suspects.

Phone it in

A brazen marauder swiped a woman’s phone on Washington Park on Oct. 30 in broad daylight.

The 30-year-old victim told cops she was near Willoughby Avenue at 5:30 pm when a stranger snatched her mobile and ran toward DeKalb Avenue.

School rage

A robber pretending to have a gun attacked 14-year-old boy on Hanson Place on Oct. 27 — stealing his phone, $20, and student ID.

The victim, who goes to Brooklyn Technical HS, told cops that he was near St. Felix Street at 4:35 pm when the marauder put an arm around his shoulder, simulated a pistol and said, “I don’t want to hurt you. Give me your stuff.”

The teen gave up his things and the stranger, a 27-year-old fled.

Easy as pie

A burglar stole $650 from Little Louie’s Pizza on Myrtle Avenue on Oct. 24.

An employee told cops that he left the pizzeria near Adelphi Street at 10:30 pm. When he returned the next morning, a side door was broken and the $600 that was stored in a microwave was gone — along with $50 in coins from a tip jar.

Meat shocker

A hungry shoplifter snatched a $10 package of beef from a Myrtle Avenue supermarket on Oct. 24, but cops say they caught him red-handed.

An employee told police that the would-be bandit entered the Associated Supermarket near Hall Street at 6:34 pm. He exited 10 minutes later and violently shoved a security guard who tried to stop him.

Police arrested a 40-year-old suspect at the scene.

Food fight

Some lunatic punched a security guard at the Atlantic Avenue Pathmark supermarket on Oct. 26 — the alleged thief’s second arrest this month at the grocer.

An employee told cops that the crook entered the store in the near Flatbush Ave. at 4:45 pm. An hour later, the crook tried to leave with $40 in goods — including Coors beer. When the guard tried to stop him, he jabbed him and snapped the gold chain around his neck.

Medics treated the watchman at the scene, and cops arrested a 50-year-old suspect.

Subway threat

Some goon robbed a teenage girl of her jewelry, cellphone and $2 on Oct. 25 in the Clinton-Washington G train station.

The 17-year-old victim told cops that she was at Lafayette and Washington avenues at 12:20 pm when the stranger simulated a gun and ordered her to follow him to the subway stairwell.

“I’ll blow your f—king head off,” he said. “Give me your jewelry, money, and phone!”

The girl hand over the property and he fled. Her phone was recovered nearby.

Apple picking

A thug punched a woman in the neck and plucked her iPhone on Washington Avenue on Oct. 26.

The 31-year-old victim told cops that she was near Fulton Street at 8:20 pm when the stranger socked her, grabbed her phone and fled.

Police arrested an 18-year-old suspect the next day.

Bad news

Dual thieves robbed a Myrtle Avenue bodega at gunpoint on Oct. 27 — running off with $3,500 and 10 cartons of cigarettes.

A 28-year-old employee told cops that the thugs entered the store near Hall Street at 9:50 pm. That’s when one of them flashed a gun and yelled, “Lay down! Don’t move!” while the other yanked cash from the register.

The frightened worker said that one crook bashed him with a helmet before he fled.

Cops are seeking 40- and 45-year-old suspects.

Copper gold

Thieves scored more copper from an Atlantic Avenue construction site last week — lifting $4,000 worth of the hot-ticket metal.

A 40-year-old worker told cops that he left the location near Sixth Avenue on Oct. 26 and when he returned two days later, the not-so-secured commodity was gone.

Last week, brazen looters stole $2,000 in copper from a Flushing Avenue construction site.

Take a bike!

A knife-wielding goon stole the mountain bike from a deliveryman on Clinton Avenue on Oct. 25.

The 21-year-old victim told police that he was near Fulton Street when the thief flashed a blade and demanded, “Empty your pockets!”

The biker handed over his wallet containing an ID and Social Security card. Within seconds, the crook hopped on the two-wheeler and rode away.

Bike pain

A thief rode off with an expensive bicycle locked in front of the Atlantic Center Mall on Oct. 25.

The 35-year-old victim told cops that he parked at a pole near Flatbush Avenue at 2 pm. When he returned two hours later, he discovered that his $1,100 wheels and Kryptonite lock had been gershed.

Sleep mode

A burglar stole a laptop from a Ryerson Street apartment after its owner went to bed on Oct. 24.

The 29-year-old victim told cops that she set her computer next to a window at her home near Myrtle Avenue at midnight. When she woke up at 8:30 am, the device was gone.

— Kate Briquelet

To reach reporter Kate Briquelet, e-mail her at kbriquelet@cnglocal.com or call her at (718) 260-2511.

Joey from Clinton Hills says:
wow, you folks seem really concerned with the ages of the perps and the victims. I think you should print a running tally of how many iPhones and iPads are stolen in Fort Greene every month.
Nov. 1, 2011, 10:51 am
Jason Swinson from Fort Greene says:
My name is Jason Swinson and I work for a Security Company that provides Security and Surveillance for residential and commercial properties. I would like to start a dialogue with some of my fellow neighbors and the local precinct to see if there is something we can come together on to bring down the frequency of these crimes.
jcsparamount@gmail.com
the company website is thesparrowgroup.org
718-519-6600 ext 114
Nov. 1, 2011, 11:34 am
Hi Jason and UmadBro?,
Do you think you can do something about this?

I'd especially like to begin the busing process with UmadBro?--he can sit in the front since he seems injured.
Nov. 1, 2011, 6 pm
Yeaisaidit from Fort Greene says:
Umad, not all blacks commit crime. As astonishing as that is, it is true and there are lots of great people who live in the PJ's. It's not fair for them to be labeled along with the skells and thugs that reside there. That's an idiotic statement you made and the reason there is so much annomisity among classes in the area.
Nov. 1, 2011, 6:46 pm
Skelltell from FG says:
Jen its a good thing you don't live here then. You'd be one of the people getting robbed. Phew
Nov. 1, 2011, 9:40 pm
UmadBro? from wat says:
@Dennis
So you're implying that there really isn’t that much crime going on and that it’s just dirty cops setting people up? That's the type of moronic argument I'd expect from a Williamsburg post grad art student living off his parents money.

@Yeaisaidit
The animosity it caused by black thugs, who live for practically free in project buildings and rob working people who’s taxes pay for there food stamps, public housing and welfare checks. Why should we have to pay for people to live in an area they can’t afford? Project Buildings and public housing in general are a blight on every community where they exist. You want to pretend that crimes are being committed in large by blacks but everyone knows its true.
Nov. 2, 2011, 12:46 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
Actually, son, I'm Southside, Williamsburg Puerto Rican born and raised life longer. So you just got buffed. And I'm not implying that ALL crime is just dirty cops setting people up--what I am saying is if you're gonna talk tough about what's Real, then lay it across the board. As they say on the streets, son, don't half-step it. And tell your moms I said 'oh.'
Nov. 2, 2011, 1:41 pm
Nov. 2, 2011, 1:41 pm
Susie from Southside says:
My mom taught me to avoid blowhards who double-post!
Nov. 2, 2011, 1:56 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
I want to clarify, and I don't know why the last post appears twice--I'm not denying crime. What I am saying is that the culture of lawlessness is pervasive in New York, and if you think it's all 'black thugs' then you need to open your eyes about so many different levels of human society. Where I live in Williamsburg, the refrain is similar to Parks & Recreation ["Don't ask for permission, ask for forgiveness"]--and everyone is doing It, if you get my drift.

And I apologize for saying that about your moms--that was in poor taste.
Nov. 2, 2011, 2:02 pm
UmadBro? from wat says:
“the culture of lawlessness is pervasive in New York”
BREAKING NEWS: WE DON’T LIVE IN 1980’s NYC

NYC is one of the safest “big” cities in the country. I think what you were trying to say was: “The culture of lawlessness is pervasive in black and Hispanic neighborhoods.” These people refuse to take any sort of social accountability and allow their neighborhoods to act as incubators for crime. They don’t think twice about living off of government assistance programs and then having 3 or 4 kids they can’t afford. They glorify criminal behavior, the degradation of women, and the pursuit of luxury items most can’t afford. Can’t afford to buy groceries for my kids but I got these Jordans. Great priorities. Lets talk tough about whats “real.” The reality is most of the crimes we have to deal with are being committed by blacks and Hispanics. Stop making excuses.

Oh and son, I’m a woman. 2nd I’m Columbian and Puerto Rican.
Also: A puerto rican named Denis (lol) implies he had some sort of sexual relation with my dead mother. Oh teh lulz
Nov. 2, 2011, 3:47 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
I apologize about your dead mother. But sure, I suppose I can agree with a lot of that. But I'm not ready to dismiss the people who don't fit our categories--and I don't understand why it's a mystery there could be a Puerto Rican named 'Dennis.' What's odd about that? Gomez is Jewish. Martinez probably is also. Those are just a couple of names, but if we got down to the real nitty-gritty of it, you'll find there's nothing we have that is our own.
Nov. 2, 2011, 3:53 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
Truthfully, the appropriate response would be to start naming principals and agents in agreements that constituted the original concentration of those populations into project housing. But who wants to go through that morass? Believe me, I definitely agree that there is a strong anti-intellectual impulse and tradition in many quarters of the Hispanic population in Williamsburg, and that definitely degrades perceptions, as you're describing. But I don't want them swept out of the area--that's too far. But an attitude change would sure help.
Nov. 2, 2011, 4:05 pm
Stephano from Ft Greene says:
I am from Puerto Rico as well but that is not the point. We obviously need to begin telling real estate agencies to assure better neighborhoods for the money we are paying huge amounts for. The truth is is that these jerks will do anything for commission, such as putting you in Bed-Stuy knowing they dont want you there. Let us face it every part of the borough is swamped by project complexes so dont whine now. You should have researched prior to but there is hope. Tell your parents to wire more cash for a spot on 68th and Park, even if you are half Columbian with dirty drug drug money since you wish to sound so washed in innocence.
Nov. 3, 2011, 3:58 am
Stephano from Ft Greene says:
@umad just because cocaine is white doesn't mean you are. You can make a point without making a statement regarding race dude. I am also from Argentina but I am not bragging. The problem is the crime rate and how newcomers while locals hoping for change got duped by people selling you dreams, unfortunately being a nightmare on Elm street. What a shame to pay so much in this borough although very beautiful, realizing you are not truly safe at all.
Nov. 3, 2011, 4:12 am
anaabdul from cobble hill says:
When invading Rome, watch out for the Romans. See Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Nov. 3, 2011, 6:25 am
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
My mother and brother both live at the Taylor-Wythe Houses right now, next to Roberto Clemente, in the Southside of Williamsburg where gentrification is tearing through like a monster, and neither of them fits into the very narrow spectrum that Umadbro has artificially propped up. Is there crime in the area? No doubt. Are there people who are making bad lifestyle decisions? For certain. But, as I earlier stated, those conditions are rampant all over the much broader spectrum, and Umadbro is scapegoating. I can tell you that where I now live in the Northside of Williamsburg, I see kids of all types, but especially white kids, doing drugs openly, drinking openly, fighting, loud, nuisance in crowds, right in front of the police and the police don't respond whatsoever. And drugs? Umadbro needs to get to the core of where drugs really come from because they don't come from the projects. After being a high-school dropout, I finally went away to college when I was 32, and the amount of drugs that was being transacted in the college dorms shocked me--it's that spirit of the college campus that carries over into gentrification that Umadbro wants to employ like a bitter and mad scientist.

Putting aside violent crime to the second, which is a plague in our neighborhoods, landlords and Real Estate do whatever they want, building first and seeking variance second, inflating value and driving up rents and prices, and when they can't do whatever they want, they always fall back on eminent domain. Private property is the very foundation of our society and the circumstances regarding the transfer of its property between individual owners is at the very root of social behavior.

The projects didn't happen because poor people wanted them--the projects happened because Real Estate wanted poor people in them. If you concentrate a population that doesn't want or should be concentrated you are going to magnify their ills--learn from history. And if you constantly degrade a people or a population--they are going to strike back, whether or not you like the circumstances. As I said earlier, I'm Puerto Rican, I'm from the streets, and my family remains in the projects. All of my Puerto Rican friends fall along the same lines, which are outside the extreme narrow lines drawn by Umadbro that are a condition of human society, not black and Hispanic society.
Nov. 3, 2011, 6:38 am
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
And since this is a crime blotter, and we're trying to get at root causes, how's about:

"“I kept going to the 48th Precinct and no one would help me,’’ said Ayala, a day laborer who considering suing the NYPD, according to the Post. “I went there three times until a cop behind the desk tells me to get out. I was upset. They didn’t want to do anything—they’re supposed to be protecting me.”
Nov. 3, 2011, 7:04 am
And further...

But hey, comfort yourself that crime can be as easily concentrated as certain peoples, with the equally comforting notion that liquidating the projects will somehow "fix" crime.
Nov. 3, 2011, 7:20 am
UmadBro? from wat says:
@stephano.
Your posts are borderline incoherent, so I'll have to break them down line by line in am attempt to understand your idiotic babbling.

"We obviously need to tell real estate agencies to assure better neighborhoods for the money we are paying huge amounts"

It's unclear if you want real estate agencies to provide: A) More gentrified areas for people to live. B) To not gentrify areas like bedstye because the current residents don’t want new residents moving in. or C) You're trying to make a statement about the high cost of rent. You contradict yourself within the span of a dozen or so words, and I'm finding it difficult to comprehend what exactly your point was there.

“Tell your parents to wire more cash for a spot on 68th and Park, even if you are half Columbian with dirty drug drug money since you wish to sound so washed in innocence. umad just because cocaine is white doesn't mean you are.”

While you still seem to be a loss for basic syntax, I can see what you are trying to imply. Having civility and self respect has nothing to do with trying to be white. One of the many reasons that most NY puerto ricans can’t break away from the ghetto mentality is because they lack those 2 things. The puerto rican cultural pride is overzealous, borders on isolationism, and in part prevents them from having social mobility. As Dennis would say “learn from history” and take a look at why some immigrant groups have flourished and others have remained stagnant. Again this has nothing to do with acting white but rather everything to do with assimilating (to an extent) as to succeed. Your implication about drug money is too idiotic to warrant a rebuttal.

“You can make a point without making a statement regarding race dude.”
One Sentence Later:
“I am also from Argentina but I am not bragging.”
The Previous Post:
“I am from Puerto Rico as well”

I don’t think it’s necessary it elaborate on this.

“The problem is the crime rate…”

Really, wow I never thought that the problem could be the crime rate! Please go on, enlighten me.

“…and how newcomers while locals hoping for change got duped by people selling you dreams, unfortunately being a nightmare on Elm street.”

…Wait. What? Something about new residents, (attempting to say something about gentrification?) locals getting screwed, (On this I’d only like to remind you that the “locals” you are referring to were not always the locals in these neighborhood and at one point were very unwelcome newcomers.) something about the (American?) dream followed by a Wes Craven reference. Ok. Wow.

tl;drl: Stephano should read out loud to himself what he writes before he makes a post.
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:07 am
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
Umadbro?, I appreciate your eloquence and insight but you are accusing Puerto Ricans of overzealousness and isolationism and I'm sorry but that is so mistaken and is entirely a projection. YOU are propping up artificial categories about what is meant by "Puerto Rican," YOU mistook me for an art school graduate because you couldn't comprehend another Puerto Rican able to articulate a coherent position, but YOU are accusing others of overzealousness and isolationism? YOU are projecting. YOU are describing the very part of yourself that you are inflating in others to justify their liquidation--which is really narcissistic, you know, a sort of perverse exorcism by proxy. Of course, I'm hardly clean at this point, having mistaken you for a man and insulting your mother, but, with all due respect, it is not the xenophobia of the Puerto Ricans that contributed to their downfall in Williamsburg, at the very least. It was their hospitality--maybe you should open your eyes and close your hate for a second, and take a look at El Puente, Los Sures, the many churches, and how they fostered the gentrification ironically themselves, by having such a significant percentage of their employ reliant on the people in the neighborhood that identified themselves as "artist" or "bohemian."

And it amazes me that you talk about isolationism while implying something immoral or artificial that there could be categories like "columbian AND Puerto Rican" or "argentinian AND Puerto Rican." You're eloquent, that's for sure--but your elegance need not preclude myopia.
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:31 am
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
And talk about isolation if you can't get a Puerto Rican can be named "Dennis."
Nov. 3, 2011, 10:37 am
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
Just this morning I was training in the park with a young Puerto Rican woman. She is from Austin, Texas. Her Spanish is non-existent, and mine is in atrocious shape from misuse while English is my second language. Her brother is a sports writer for ESPN. Many of the Puerto Ricans in my generation spoke English exclusively outside their doors and mostly to moderately in their households. Many Puerto Ricans in my family and friends are some of the most conservative church-going folks imaginable, holding positions that would pale members of the Right. I'm also boggled by the argument that Puerto Ricans don't 'assimilate.' Do you know how they first came to the continental United States? Their's has always been a history of hospitality-displacement-hospitality-displacement-hospitality-displacement. Which is why I think there is a fundamental difference between when Puerto Ricans call themselves 'local' and other groups call themselves 'local.' Are some of us hostile? Maybe. Sometimes I wonder if we're not hostile enough. And discussing the success of 'other immigrant groups' is disingenuous at least when it comes to Williamsburg: when we speak of the "local vs. local" argument, we mean specifically the antagonisms between the Italians, Poles, Irish, Korean and most significantly the Satmarim against Puerto Ricans. Those groups have likely endured precisely because their gatherings in Williamsburg have been much more insular than the Puerto Rican community and directly aided by Community Board 1 and the various municipal agencies. As to the "blight" that is often used to bolster gentrification arguments, "broken windows" were "windows broken" by landlords--the blasted out landscape post Korean War in Williamsburg in particular was a combination of widespread landlord arson-for-profit and the very edges of the Bushwick Riots along Broadway.
Nov. 3, 2011, 11:10 am
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
And the Bushwick Riots were most certainly a creature of New York's mid-to late 70s financial crisis. Maybe we should occupy Wall Street...oh wait.
Nov. 3, 2011, 11:12 am
UmadBro? from wat says:
@Dennis

"Is there crime in the area? No doubt. Are there people who are making bad lifestyle decisions? For certain. But, as I earlier stated, those conditions are rampant all over the much broader spectrum.”

You keep talking about “broader spectrum(s).” and “human society.” We’re discussing local populations with in a borough of one particular city. “Human Society” is a broad macro subject, using it as a discussion point on a local issue doesn’t make any sense.

“I can tell you that where I now live in the Northside of Williamsburg, I see kids of all types, but especially white kids, doing drugs openly, drinking openly, fighting, loud, nuisance in crowds, right in front of the police and the police don't respond whatsoever. And drugs? Umadbro needs to get to the core of where drugs really come from because they don't come from the projects.”

Okay, wow. You come close to ignoring or denying crime caused by the Hispanic and black populations in the borough but by your account there are swaths of young white people running around in a violent, drug fueled, rage on the streets of Williamsburg. It seems that you’re implying the reason most people (myself included) aren’t aware of this is because the cops ignore them, thus the crimes are under reported and not reflected in official statistics.
Anyone who has ever been to Williamsburg is sure to know there isn’t any shortage of white people, drugs, and place to grossly indulge in alcohol consumption. I think most people can say they have yet to be mugged by a Williamsburg hipster on drugs. Are they annoying? Profoundly. Dangerous criminals? Come on, don’t be delusional.

On drugs, when did I mention drug use or anything about the drug trade? Drugs use is a completely different discussion along with government drug policy (the War on Drugs). What dangerous drug related crimes are these violent white hipsters committing?

“After being a high-school dropout, I finally went away to college when I was 32, and the amount of drugs that was being transacted in the college dorms shocked me”

What college did you (the high school dropout) attend where at the age of 32, you experienced the dangerous shady world of college dorms? Also you’re going to need to elaborate on “the spirit of the college campus” that I want to see in gentrification because honestly I’m not sure what the hell you are trying to talk about there.

”Putting aside violent crime to the second, which is a plague in our neighborhoods”

Again you want to avoid discussing the actual issues at hand, being of course violent crimes, and who is committing them. You acknowledge violent crimes but instead of condemning them, you either make excuses for those who commit the crimes or just wish to ignore it, chalking it up to “life in the big city”.

“landlords and Real Estate do whatever they want, building first and seeking variance second, inflating value and driving up rents and prices”

While I have to agree that property developers have too much free reign I have to also say if you can’t afford to live in New York City, if you can’t make a good living in New York City, than why stay. The city and state provide the means for people to stay here with food stamps, public housing projects and welfare. Why should we have to pay for others to live where they can’t afford. They’re a drain on the economy and a burden on the tax payers
Nov. 3, 2011, 12:54 pm
UmadBro? from wat says:
@Dennis

"Private property is the very foundation of our society and the circumstances regarding the transfer of its property between individual owners is at the very root of social behavior.”

You just went from talking about rent to property ownership but fine I’ll try to follow your hole filled logic. Private property, what about it? If someone owns something it should be theirs do what they want (within reason). You start some ramble about the transfer of private property, again what about it? If someone owns property it’s theirs to sell or not sell, what is your point? You fail to provide any examples for how the buying and selling of private property correlates to, let alone as you said “is the very root” to social behavior. I am failing to understand what you were trying to get at here.

“The projects didn't happen because poor people wanted them--the projects happened because Real Estate wanted poor people in them.”

Of course poor people don’t want to live in the projects, who would? I never said that. But to say that they don’t want them is just B.S. If by some means we were to rid the city of the project buildings, the announcement of this act would lead to a huge outcry from the people living in them. They would demand the projects remain.
As far as real estate investors and brokers go I don’t think any of them want poor people living anywhere near the gentrified neighborhoods. If anything they pray for a day when they can knock down the projects and further re-develop the area. Sure slum lords who collect government checks for housing the people in the projects don’t care who lives there but if there was a way to get the poor people out and people with better financial means, in those apartments, they would.

“If you concentrate a population that doesn't want or should be concentrated you are going to magnify their ills--learn from history.”

New York City has always been made up of concentrated pockets of different races. If you learned from history at all you would understand why some pockets of races were able to succeed and move up the social latter and why others fail and remain stagnant. Last time I checked there was no barbed wire fence keeping these people concentrated here in NYC.

“And if you constantly degrade a people or a population--they are going to strike back,
whether or not you like the circumstances.”

Again you make excuses and justify criminal mentalities instead of suggesting people take some social responsibility for themselves and their communities.

And again we are talking about local populations living in neighborhoods in transition in a borough in a city. We aren’t talking about human society, we are talking about a by scale micro local issue.

Tl;dr: Dennis doesn’t think people should have to take accountability for their behavior because of their social and economic circumstances.
Nov. 3, 2011, 12:55 pm
UmadBro? from wat says:
@Dennis

I just read your most recent posts. Its more incoherent rambling and I don't really have the time to rip it apart as I had with your previous posts but from what I read it seems all you have is more excuses for violence, crimes and the poverty. The Puerto Rican community fails because its priorities are wrong and it lacks a willingness to change.

To tell you the truth I’m usually just on these boards to troll and get my lulz on my lunch breaks at work.
Nov. 3, 2011, 1:13 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
What makes me laugh is how much of what you write is "you're incoherent, I'll educate you, you don't know what you're talking about, get educated, learn logic, learn syntax" while you abuse logic and syntax with no substance to your arguments. And on top of that, you spend time with all these canards to distract from your dishonesty, but copy-paste is a muthuflowa.

Of all your arguments, you made no real analysis but some really terrible social darwinist failed clinical psych, but I draw attention to this one because deconstructing your post would be really repeating points and my advice to the recent entrant to this thread is to simply go upwards and see UmadBro? for her dishonesty. It's okay for you to have a position, of course, but don't be dishonest about others', which you have an ugly habit thereof:

In fact, I never said I don't "think people should have to take accountability for their behavior because of their social and economic circumstances." [your post at 1:13]

On the contrary, I wrote "I'm not denying crime. What I am saying is that the culture of lawlessness is pervasive in New York, and if you think it's all 'black thugs' then you need to open your eyes about so many different levels of human society. Where I live in Williamsburg, the refrain is similar to Parks & Recreation ["Don't ask for permission, ask for forgiveness"]--and everyone is doing It, if you get my drift." [my post yesterday at 2:02pm]

"I definitely agree that there is a strong anti-intellectual impulse and tradition in many quarters of the Hispanic population in Williamsburg, and that definitely degrades perceptions" [my post yesterday at 4:05]

"Is there crime in the area? No doubt. Are there people who are making bad lifestyle decisions? For certain. But, as I earlier stated, those conditions are rampant all over the much broader spectrum, and Umadbro is scapegoating." [my post today at 6:08am]

So, instead of spending all this time bluffing you can rip arguments up, you've been clogging the thread with cheap filler that is entirely dishonest, misrepresenting the arguments of other persons to fit your twisted and depraved logic of liquidation-by-gentrification, adding no statistical analysis while claiming your racist narrative is axiomatic.

Please. Let me get started because I'm eating lunch and lazying about and you really are but a McRib distraction.
Nov. 3, 2011, 3:17 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
By the way, and it's so sad I forgot this point, if you think gentrification cures crime, then check the stats on the NYPD website: http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/html/home/home.shtml

The pace of crime reduction in East New York was faster than it was for Williamsburg during the period of gentrification, so your argument about "gentrification solves crime" was torpedoed out of your shallow waters so many times over the past 20 years [see, if you can ever locate it, copies of the Waterfront Week and 30 Days in Williamsburg, Brooklyn for a gentrification dialogue more robust though often as lunatic as UmadBro?].

Did you know that there was a crime reduction pace in the 90th Precinct in 1980 by 44%--this preceded the gentrification of Williamsburg and was greater than any drop during the gentrification thereof.

See Suleiman Osman's The Invention of Brownstone Brooklyn for education, see your kind of pathology is beyond me at this point.
Nov. 3, 2011, 3:24 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
Oh, and how could I forget to mention that in the 90th Precinct where gentrification is most profound, in the NYPD's last reporting cycle, the percentage increase in crime was so significant it almost brought the entire city crime rate up. So yea. Gentrification cures crime. Please.
Nov. 3, 2011, 3:27 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
But wait, instead of saying you've got decayed logic and dilapidated brain cells, let me give you a post, so I can do what you can't--corroborate my arguments:
Nov. 3, 2011, 3:28 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
And for the final nail: with all your dishonesty, or maybe despite it, you failed to account for the many different Puerto Ricans in particular who don't fit it into your myopia--which is severe. Instead, you went into nonsense about your perceived weakness of my argument--let me give you a word of advice, announcing a weakness is your opponent's argument doesn't actually expose a weakness, it only exposes your charlatanry.
Nov. 3, 2011, 3:33 pm
UmadBro? from wat says:
I really enjoy your efforts to sound "educated". It’s good to know even high school dropouts can learn to use Google in community college. Although it looks like you spent more time looking up those big college words (it’s really cute when you try hard) and less time proof reading what write before you post. We can only expect so much I suppose. I addressed you entire post with my last lengthy rebuttal, section by section, and for the most part you seem to be ignoring it, save a few lines where I made my own implications.

You sound pretty desperate in this last post, maybe even a little…mad.
Mission Accomplished.
Enjoy that life of borderline poverty and mediocrity.
MFW I read your posts: http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/avatar/annoyance-14077.jpg

TROLOLOL
Nov. 3, 2011, 3:57 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
What rebuttal? You did more of the 'I'm not a Nazi, I'm only saying the ovens will clear the air' nonsense and then the whole "you're not educated" thing again and all over the place--busy qualifying someone else's level of culture and decorum and etiquette to obfuscate your lack thereof. Please. Like your last post. I offered stats. I offered outside posts citing third party sources that corroborate my argument--not paraphrases of Mein Kampf updated for the 21st century. Indeed, I'll even offer a solution other than liquidation-by-gentrification [see below]. You're offering vitriol, and then feeling threatened that people know quadraphonic words whereas you only understand triphonic words. Bendita. Pobrecita.

Nov. 3, 2011, 4:03 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
You remind me of this: http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2011/11/02/face-in-tumour-testicular_n_1071037.html
Nov. 3, 2011, 4:04 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
Meanwhile, you're accusing other Puerto Ricans of "isolationism" and inability to "assimilate" while meanwhile disparaging blatant examples to the contrary. You're chiding Puerto Ricans to be more respectable citizens and fairly contribute to the public dialogue, then you're dismissing them with racial invective when they do exactly that. Admit that there is nothing Puerto Ricans can do that is satisfactory--whether they rise or fall in society your wish is to exterminate them. You're not just a troll--you're a hypocrite and lack integrity.
Nov. 3, 2011, 4:06 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
And proofing a post, or lack thereof, is your argument? Weak.
Nov. 3, 2011, 4:09 pm
UmadBro? from wat says:
This guy is mad.
Nov. 3, 2011, 4:19 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
Well, yea, but not by you. I'm mad before you, and I'm mad after you. You're a distraction.
Nov. 3, 2011, 4:31 pm
Skelltell from Fort greene says:
Dennis shut up. Thank you
Nov. 4, 2011, 11:53 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
Skelltell go to hell. Thank you God.
Nov. 5, 2011, 8:40 am
Skelltell from Fort Greene says:
Dennis calling idiots as I see em. Thank you baby Jesus.
Nov. 5, 2011, 10:13 am
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
Oh, then this will have some use for you:
Nov. 5, 2011, 10:56 am
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
You haven't contributed an iota of intelligence to this discussion. UMadBro, as wrong as she is, at least articulates an eloquent position. You, on the other hand, got a seat behind the projector.
Nov. 5, 2011, 10:57 am
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
Oh, I forgot today is your birthday:
Nov. 5, 2011, 10:59 am
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
I don't make monkeys, Skelltell, I only expose them.
Nov. 5, 2011, 11 am
Skellatyourtell from Fort Greene says:
Denny you have a lot of time on your hands. Lotta bro
Nov. 5, 2011, 4:13 pm
Skellatyourtell from Fort Greene says:
Plus I don't click links from unknown skell sources. Thank you.
Nov. 5, 2011, 4:14 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
That's because I'm a writer, jackass. I'm in front of a computer all day, so don't twist it. The time and words I spend on threads like this is a fraction of my work. Like I said to Umadbro? and now to you, you're a distraction.
Nov. 5, 2011, 7:01 pm
Skelltelly from Fort greene says:
Shouldn't you be working hipster doofus?
Nov. 5, 2011, 9:23 pm
terenovela from clinton hill says:
@Dennis; thank you, thank you, thank you! i don't think i've enjoyed a troll get their comeuppance as much as this. bendita. probrecita. lol.
Nov. 6, 2011, 10:54 am
Skelltell from Fort Greene says:
Dennis you're a good sport ;)

Terenivela glad I can entertain :)
Nov. 6, 2011, 11:24 am
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
@terenovela, let's look out for each other on these threads. They're not physical, but they're real. ;)

@Skelltell - I have a feeling there's a human being inside there somewhere.
Nov. 7, 2011, 1:40 pm
Dennis sinneD from Williamsburg says:
I apologize for sending you to hell. I herewith call you back!
Nov. 7, 2011, 1:43 pm
Skelltell from Fort Greene says:
You're absolutely right Dennis. We do need to look out for each other. And thank you for retracting me back from hell :) much appreciated.
Nov. 7, 2011, 8:25 pm