St. Gambrinus in Boerum Hill

Bartoonist drinks beer near Barclays

Like Brooklyn Paper on Facebook.

St. Gambrinus [533 Atlantic Ave. between Third and Fourth avenues in Boerum Hill, (347) 763–2261, www.stgambrinusbeer.com]. Open Mon–Thu, 2 pm–10 pm; Fri, 2 pm–midnight; Sat, noon–midnight; Sun, noon–8 pm.

Like Brooklyn Paper on Facebook.

BrooklynGersh from The WT says:
This remains the best feature in any newspaper in America. Why is Bill Roundy not in the New York Times every DAY with this feature?
March 21, 2014, 10:47 am
Ace from New Utrecht says:
Wow, customer service must have been dreadful to be memorialized. Checking out their beer list, I will have to go and find out for myself. I will report back ASAP!
March 21, 2014, 12:11 pm
Joey from Clinton Hills says:
They honor the patron Saint of Brewers, not the patron saint of customers.
March 21, 2014, 12:14 pm
diehipster from Smacking Soyboys says:
Of course customer service is going to suck. This is Nieuw Breuckelen!! Where everything is mediocre but costs triple what it used to thanks to naive interlopers.

You see, Carpenter the bartender grew up spoiled in some culdesac and is just slinging "craft ales" (wtf ?) until his big break so he doesn't need to be nice or attentive.
March 21, 2014, 1:45 pm
NYPD from NY says:
↑↑↑↑↑IDIOT↑↑↑↑↑
March 21, 2014, 2:23 pm
John Wasserman from Prospect Heights says:
Your own John Wasserman will be there at 7:30pm tonight before the Nets/Celtics game at Barclays. It will be sure to be a burner of barn, if you don't mind the expression.
March 21, 2014, 2:28 pm
John Wasserman from Prospect Heights says:
Having said that ↑↑↑↑↑, I'm not going to be looking for my beer served in muffin tins.
March 21, 2014, 2:30 pm
John Wasserman from Prospect Heights says:
NYPD. I'm sure you, of all people, are aware of how much we need to conserve our arrows. Please don't waste them on this Dipster character. Thanks in advance for taking the time to think about this.
March 21, 2014, 2:39 pm
BunnynSunny from Clinton Hill says:
↑↑↑↑↑ Muffin tins? ↑↑↑↑↑
March 21, 2014, 2:40 pm
John Wasserman from Prospect Heights says:
Yes, muffin tins ↑↑↑↑↑. I will not be ordering a tray of short beers. If you read the above article (and I will not use my arrows here), and studied the photographs, you would know that this is something that they do there.
March 21, 2014, 3:05 pm
Ace from New Utrecht says:
I made it there Friday after work. Very Very good beer selection. Nice space with view of Atlantic from the bar for people gazing (sometimes I sit and think, sometimes I just sit). Really nice selection of bottles/cans for sale also.

And...customer service top notch! Greeted upon entering, bar tenders knowledgeable about beers and willing and able to discuss them. I overheard other folks getting advice based on what style they were in the mood for. No wait for the next round and a thanks for visiting on leaving.
March 24, 2014, 11:01 am
Nic from Gowanus says:
Aww, I have been here several times and have never found the customer service lacking. They've been very helpful with guidance on draft choices and bottles.

I like the muffin tins. The last thing I want to do when I order a flight is to take three trips back and forth to grab all of my glasses, or even worse, try to balance them on a plate. The tins make it easy.
March 26, 2014, 1:18 pm