Brooklyn Networks finished 2007 with a 94% placement rate, an average starting wage of more than $12 an hour and 100% of their graduates passed their certification exam.
Brooklyn Networks is an intensive, hands-on training program, which will help participants start a career in the field of network cable installation.
There will be orientations to enroll in the program, 621 Degraw Street, in the Park Slope section of Brooklyn, August 5 & 12 at 10 a.m., sharp.
To be eligible applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Live in New York City and have a low-income.
2. Be 21 years or older.
3. Legally eligible to work in the US.
4. Able to attend class Monday-Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. for five weeks.
5. Have a valid NY State Drivers License at the time of application.
6. Pass a drug test.
7. Be physically fit/able to lift 70 pounds.
8. Be able to pass a reading and math test at/or above the eighth grade level.
Applicants should be prepared to complete a program application and will be given a reading and math test. Orientation usual lasts two and half hours. In order to be eligible for the August 18 start date you need to attend an orientation by August 12.
For more, call 718-237-2017.