Spirited away

Spirited away

It’s believed that the seven-year-old boy who disappeared after he ran away from his foster parents at Spring Creek may be as far away as Baltimore or Florida — and his biological mother may have facilitated his escape, according to police and published reports.

Now that a week and a half has gone by in their search for little Patrick Alford, the child’s estranged mother was dragged into Staten Island Family Court, where she was asked if she had any involvement in his disappearance.

The mother, Jennifer Rodriguez, claimed that she didn’t know anything about her child’s current whereabouts, although she apparently did know where Patrick’s foster family lived.

Rodriguez lost custody of Alford after she was arrested for theft and the city’s Administration of Children’s Services (ACS) deemed her to be an unfit caregiver.

Alford was put into foster care until he was placed with his current foster family on VandaliaAvenue in Spring Creek.

On January 22, Patrick was last seen leaving the lobby of his Vandalia Avenue home at 9 p.m. after threatening to run away.

The 4’8”, 65-pound child, who was last seen wearing a red T-shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers, hasn’t been located as this paper went to press.

As cops continue to keep Rodriguez in custody as they pressure her for more information, cops are investigating the possibility that Patrick is living with relatives in Baltimore and Florida.

Anyone with information regarding Patrick’s current whereabouts is urged to come forward.

Calls can be made to the NYPD CrimeStoppers hotline at (800) 577-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.

Speed racer renegade

“High times and fast cars” must have been the mantra for 22-year-old Andre Fonseca, who was arrested in Canarsie last week after allegedly speeding through the neighborhood with a small amount of pot in his pockets.

Cops from the 69th Precinct set their sights on Fonseca at midnight on January 29 when they saw him allegedly driving a 2000 Nissan Maxima through Canarsie at a high rate of speed.

Fonseca was reportedly driving in a reckless manner, zipping in and out of traffic and nearly struck a man exiting a parked car.

The wild ride came to a sudden stop on East 79th Street between Glenwood and Farragut roads when Fonseca slammed his car into a parked 2008 Toyota, police alleged.

Fonseca abandoned the car and ran off, only to be apprehended with a small amount of marijuana on his person at the corner of East 78th Street and Farragut Road, officials said.

Cops charged him with reckless endangerment, leaving the scene of an incident and unlawful possession of marijuana.

Man attacks mom, ransacks home

A 25-year-old East 79th Street man was arrested last week after he allegedly attacked his mother and then ransacked her room, knocking over some pricey furniture.

Cops were called to the home near Glenwood Road shortly after the 5:10 p.m. exchange on January 28.

The victim said that she was arguing with her son when he began hitting her in the face and forehead, leaving her with some bruises and welts.

Her son then broke into her room, where he broke several items, including an armoire.

Cops took the son — who was not named — into custody, charging him with assault in the third degree, criminal mischief and menacing.

Mixing it up

An argument in a Ralph Avenue department store ended abruptly Friday when a customer allegedly attacked an employee with a cake mixer.

Police said that 41-year-old Jennifer Mingo was taken into custody after she allegedly attacked an employee of the Telco Discount Store between Flatlands and Bergen avenues at 6:35 p.m. clash on January 29.

While the cake mixer was still in the box, it did some damage, leaving the employee with a bump to the head, officials said.

Mingo was charged with assault in the third degree and criminal possession of a weapon.

It was unclear what sparked the argument as this paper went to press.

Pocket running

Cops are looking for two thugs who grabbed a 19-year-old by his coat and ordered him to “run his pockets” during a recent altercation.

The victim told police that he was nearing the corner of Avenue L and Utica Avenue at 9 p.m. on January 22 when the unidentified suspects grabbed him.

The thieves ran off with $10, the victim’s cell phone and a music player, officials said.

No injuries were reported.

Jewelry jack

Thieves broke into an East 59th Street home last week, taking an assortment of jewelry.

The 37-year-old victim told police that the thieves entered her home near Avenue K sometime after 8:30 a.m. on January 23.

The woman said she didn’t know her home had been burglarized until she had returned from work.

Home invasion

Three thugs forced their way into an East 57th Street resident’s home, ransacking the place of electronics, jewelry and a cell phone, cops from the 63rd Precinct reported this week.

The victim told police that he was just about to enter his home between avenues H and I at 2:15 a.m. on January 28 when the suspects pulled a gun at him.

The thieves held the victim at bay as they went through his home and ran off with his property.

Cops are asking anyone with information regarding this incident to come forward.

Calls can be made to the 63rd Precinct at (718) 258-4411. All calls will be kept confidential.

Hijacked off street

A 63-year-old man was robbed of $220 after he was kidnapped off of Ralph Avenue.

The senior told police that two thugs approached him between Flatlands and Bergen avenues at 11:30 a.m. on January 16 and pulled a gun on him.

The suspects then forced the man into their van and drove him around the neighborhood, stealing his cash during the terror trip.

After an hour, the thieves dropped the now penniless victim off in the neighborhood unharmed.

Cops were still looking for the thieves as this paper went to press.