May 3, 2008 / Park Slope / Perspective / PS … I Love You

Psychic RV is right on target

for The Brooklyn Paper

Don’t miss our updates:

“Hey, the psychic RV is back!” my fiancé said, as we walked down Seventh Avenue last Saturday morning.

For several weeks last fall, we would see it parked across from Key Food, an RV with a sandwich board that announced that “Mrs. Dee” does palm reading, energy reading and other services, including Reiki.

Right next to the sandwich board was a folding beach chair. But we never saw anyone sitting in it.

“Let’s get our palms read,” I suggested this time. “You go first.”

“Me?” he said. “Why do I have to go first?”

It was a fair question. Psychics are questionable enough, but this one drove an RV, that most suspect of vehicles. Then again, this RV could predict our futures for us!

So finally, my fiancé agreed (was forced) to go first. It took forever, but finally he sauntered back. “I’m going to live a very long time,” he announced. “See that line across my hand? It goes all the way from one end to the other.

“And I will definitely marry my soul mate and have three children.”

He has two from his first marriage and I have one — so that worked.

All for $2.

My turn. I tapped on the door and was invited in. Mrs. Dee was in her 30s and was dressed all in beige. Her hair was pulled back into a smooth ponytail and she had a faint accent, which I could not place. She showed me where to sit at another small table, and then she sat down across from me.

“You will have four children,” she told me, after studying my palms. Perhaps it was seeing my jaw drop that caused her to revise her prediction, “well, UP to four children.” Phew.

“You have been out of balance for the last three months,” she told me. “Five of your chakras are closed. You should come to our office in Bay Ridge and have some Reiki.”

She closed her eyes for a moment and then announced, “You are definitely destined to have a soul mate.”

I thanked her and stepped back outside to find my fiancé.

So, is she really psychic? Maybe. After all, she was right about the soul mate — but, even more significantly, she always gets that same parking space right across from Key Food.

Updated 4:01 pm, November 10, 2010

Don’t miss our updates:

anonymous from new york says:
MS. Ponte has been given false facts by her fiance t. He has 2 children from his exwife and 2 children from his ex-fiance . The article quotes the fiance implying he lied to Ms. Ponte. She was not given anaccurate realityThis lie is a criminal offense and will be used in a court of law as evidence against Ms. Ponte's fiance.Ms. Ponte or the Brooklyn paper is not being held responsible for the false information.
Dec. 19, 2008, 11:09 pm
anonymous from new york says:
MS. Ponte has been given false facts by her fiance He has 2 children from his exwife and 2 children from his ex-fiance . The article quotes the fiance implying he lied to Ms. Ponte. She was not given an accurate realityThis lie is a criminal offense and will be used in a court of law as evidence against Ms. Ponte's fiance.Ms. Ponte or the Brooklyn paper is not being held responsible for the false information. However I suggest a more detailed background check into the people interviewed as this article has damaged and painfully hurt his young children.
Dec. 19, 2008, 11:31 pm
liz from manhattan says:
Is there an honest New York Male out there?
MS. Ponte does not realize that she has been so obviously lied to by her fiance! Ms. Ponte reconsider this man's integrety before it is too late..you may be in for more than you bargained for!
Dec. 20, 2008, 5:22 pm
ella from Park slope says:
How many fiancees does Ms. Ponte's fiance have?
HMMMM.......
Jan. 1, 2009, 11:33 pm
j from park slope says:
The false info printed in this article,about the number of children between Ms. Ponte and her fiance proves the tried but true cliche " you can't believe everything you read in the media".
Jan. 11, 2009, 2:57 pm

Don’t miss out!

Stay in touch with the stories people are talking about in your neighborhood:

Optional: Help us tailor our newsletters to you!