Two men tried to mug a woman on 13th Street late on Aug. 9, but were sent running empty-handed when the scrappy victim fought back.
The would-be victim told cops that she was near Fourth Avenue at around 10 pm when two men sneaked up on her from behind and pushed her roughly to the ground.
The men tried to get her handbag, but the 29-year-old refused to let go. After a brief struggle, the men gave up and fled towards Third Avenue.
A thief snatched cash right out of a senior citizen’s hand as she entered the R train station at Fourth Avenue and Ninth Street on Aug. 10.
The victim told cops that she was holding $108 in her hand as she entered the station at around 10 am when the thief made his move from behind.
No force was used, police said, but the thief was gone before the victim or her husband could get a good look at him.
A thief snatched the cellphone right out of a woman’s hand on Carroll Street on Aug. 13.
The 24-year-old victim told cops that she was near quiet Fiske Place at around 9 pm when a 5-foot perp ran up and swiped the Blackberry from her.
A man attacked another man on the B41 bus on Aug. 6 — and the assault may have had something to do with the route’s declining service quality.
Cops said that the thug got on the bus at the corner of Flatbush Avenue and Eastern Parkway at about 12:45 pm looking “agitated about something.”
That’s when he kicked a fellow passenger and then punched him on the side of his head, bruising his face and eye.
The victim was taken to Methodist Hospital, and the aggrieved rider fled.
At least three vehicles were stolen or broken into last week:
• A thief snatched a Chevy Impala from Third Street overnight on Aug. 13. The owner told cops that she’d parked it between Sixth and Seventh avenues at around 3 pm, but it was gone by 9:30 pm the next day.
• A Vespa was swiped from First Street on Aug. 8. The owner told cops that he parked the motorcycle between Eighth Avenue and Prospect Park West at around 11:30 pm, but did not lock it up. It was gone the next morning.
• A Prospect Park Zoo visitor returned to his car after petting the sheep at around 1:30 pm on Aug. 14 to find that the window had been smashed and an iPhone, a car stereo and various cards had been taken from the Passat sedan.
Two popular shops were burglarized last week. Here are the details:
• The Seventh Avenue Radio Shack had two laptops, a camera and a phone stolen by a shoplifter who entered at about 2 pm on Aug. 11 and simply took the stuff. Cops are looking for a 6-foot, 150-pound man with short, Caesar-styled hair.
• Two shoplifters entered the American Apparel shop on Flatbush Avenue at around 5:30 pm on Aug. 8 and helped themselves to 28 dresses valued at more than $1,300.
At least two homes were burglarized. Here are those details:
• A thief busted into a Seventh Avenue home and stole lots of cash and electronics. The tenant of the apartment, which is between Second and Third streets, told cops that he was not home between Aug. 7 and Aug. 14, when he returned to find that $11,000, a guitar, video games, 500 movies and a computer had been taken.
• Was the thief an accountant? A Third Avenue apartment was burglarized of tax returns, plus hundreds of dollars in jewelry on Aug. 12. The tenant in the unit, which is at 10th Street, told cops that he was not home between 10 am and 6 pm, when he discovered that the mailman’s access lock had been busted and that all his stuff had been taken.
A thief grabbed a woman’s bag as she downed a slice at the Princess Pizzeria on Fifth Avenue on Aug. 10.
The woman told cops that she put the bag down for a moment at around 1:30 pm inside the restaurant, which is at 14th Street, but returned to it seconds later to find it gone. She lost a wallet and cards.
— Gersh Kuntzman