‘Bedford Ranter’ threatened to rape middle schoolers, cops say

Don’t miss our updates:

Police arrested a man known as the “Bedford Ranter” and accused the Williamsburg fixture of threatening to rape fifth and sixth graders outside a middle school.

Prosecutors charged Laurence LaDouceur, 62, with harassing and endangering six children last month behind a fence at the MS 577 schoolyard on N. Fifth Street.

Parents of the victims told police that LaDouceur approached a 12-year-old on April 20 near Driggs Avenue and threatened to rape the child.

Four days later, LaDouceur allegedly returned to the schoolyard and reached through the chain-link fence to touch the backs of four pre-teens, cops said.

“Wait for me after school, I want to see you,” the perp told one girl, according to police.

“Lucky you were by the fence, if not, I would have taken you and raped you,” he allegedly told another student before brushing his hand over two other girls’ shoulders and running off, according to the criminal complaint.

Prosecutors claim LaDouceur returned to the schoolyard an hour later and solicited an 11-year-old girl.

“If you have sex with me, I would love you more and make your parents proud,” he said, according to investigators.

Parents called the cops after the incident and children identified LaDouceur as the culprit. Police arrested him at his room in the Glenwood Hotel on Broadway two days later.

Cops said they were familiar with the suspect, who is known for strolling down Bedford Avenue and loudly proclaiming his views on government, police aggressiveness, Mayor Bloomberg, civil society, and his own depression.

“We knew who he was immediately,” said 94th Precinct Deputy Inspector Terence Hurson. “We’ve never had a problem with him.”

A Brooklyn judge set bail for LaDouceur, who appeared in court last Thursday, at $1,000. If convicted, he could face a maximum sentence of six years in prison.

LaDouceur’s attorney Alyssa Mack declined to comment about the case.

The suspect was the subject of a 2009 short film “Study for ‘A Moral Society,’ ” in which he told filmmakers C.K. Swett and Russel Fong that police had him committed to hospitals several times and that he has taken Thorazine, a psychiatric drug that treats schizophrenia.

LaDouceur also recounted his family history to the documentarians, noting that he did not become a “sex object” until he turned 13, that he has fathered several children of his own, and that he is the Jewish messiah.

“All of the painful events of my life were based on the identity of being a sex object, now that that’s over, it’s terrible,” LaDouceur said in the film.

Swett said LaDouceur suffers from mental illness and said his alleged actions are a manifestation of his disease.

“It’s really unfortunate,” he said. “My heart goes out to the young women who are being harassed and to someone who has had a severe disease and has been functional for many years.”

Reach reporter Aaron Short at ashort@cnglocal.com or by calling (718) 260-2547.r
Updated 5:18 am, May 8, 2012

Don’t miss our updates:

jinx from bk says:
yeah, who didn't see this coming
May 7, 2012, 12:20 pm
Pamela from Park Slope says:
Bedford Ranter - possibly related to millionaire developer Bruce Ranter of Atlantic Yards? Seems like both brothers want to buttfock our junior High Students!
May 8, 2012, 6:11 am
Nuts from the Can says:
Nobody mentions how TALL this guy is! He's gotta be over 6'8". The only interesting person in that neighborhood.
May 8, 2012, 12:33 pm
Charles from North 3rd Street says:
He's not the only interesting person. What about the guy who drives around in his red Subaru and sings along to oldies songs at top volume?
May 8, 2012, 2:36 pm
Mae from 11211 says:
Russel Fong made a video about Subaru guy, Anthony Dilia, too. It's called, A place to be in harmony.
May 8, 2012, 11:18 pm
Cowman from Williamsburg says:

Deputy Inspector Hurson then added, "Uhhhh...yeah, never had a problem with him, except when he walks down the street screaming, cursing and ranting, threatening to kill people and all that, but no. That's fine. What we really want to crack down on is people smoking in the park...that's true criminal mentality. But this guy? Saying he wants to kill people?? Perfectly fine. That's his First Amendment right there."
May 9, 2012, 1:19 pm
pappy from Butte Montana says:
Mr. LaDouceur is a very sick man. Has been for over 30 years. I've knew him personally for many years because at one time i considered his youngest son to be my best friend. The system has failed him time and time again. He's been in and out of Bellevue and other hospitals. To be honest, he should never have been let go the last time he was committed. It's sad but true.
Aug. 21, 2012, 5:03 am
Deuce from Butte, Montana says:
Yes it's true, my father is a very sick man. He is a Vietnam War Veteran, and was exposed to Agent Orange numerous times. There's no telling what kind of damage that did, along with the psychological trauma from the horrors of an unjust war. The system really has failed him.

However, what pappy from the comment above isn't telling you is that he is a very sick man himself. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones Jeremy.

Jeremy (pappy) suffers from serious anger management issues and manic depressive disorder, among possible other disorders. He is very emotionally, physically, and verbally abusive. He is a bully to his wife, children, and even his own mother. He acts like an overgrown man child, and throws tantrums when he doesn't get his way.

He allows his wife no privacy. He reads all of her email, and goes through all of her online accounts like Facebook. He once even smashed her laptop for having a male friend on Facebook that he didn't approve of. The police have been to their house one time that I'm aware of for domestic abuse. That's the only incident I'm aware of, there probably have been more.

He treats his wife like that, and then is actually somehow surprised when he catches her talking to another man online or at work. Take my advice Adrienne, run. Run as fast and as far as you can get from this ticking time bomb of a human.

Not only is Jeremy a bully to his own family, but also all of of his friends. This is why he doesn't have any friends anymore. I am the "youngest son" of Lawrence that pappy mentions above. Yes it's true, at one time we were best friends, but there's only so much erratic behavior and bullying someone can take from a so-called "friend".

Jeremy has tried to bully and/or fight every one of his friends at one time or another. He doesn't possess the mental faculties to understand that you don't treat someone you call a friend in this manner. As I stated before, this is why he doesn't have any real friends any more.

Oh sure, he has people he goes out with to drink and do drugs, but no one from the old crew that actually cared about him is in his life any more. He pushed them all away. Including our old buddy Brian, who was more patient with him then anyone, even tried to help Jeremy get the help he needs. He showed Jeremy more patience and understanding then he deserved, that's for sure.

I'm not really sure why Brian was so patient with him. I gave up on Jeremy a long time ago. This is why I don't understand why Jeremy decided to attempt to bully Brian one night. Online of course, Jeremy would never have the balls to do it to him in person (the way most bullies behave). See, our old buddy Brian is HUGE. I'm talking HUGE. He's a bodybuilder and an experienced street fighter, and could whup Jeremy while blindfolded with one arm and one leg tied behind his back.

Jeremy just happened to be in a pissy mood one night and turned on Brian, attempting to insult and threaten him online. Brian however, too cool and calm to be fazed by an overgrown man-child throwing a tantrum, didn't respond to Jeremy's fit-throwing. Brian, like the rest of us, just decided he no longer needed a bully in his life, and wrote Jeremy off as a lost cause.

Jeremy sits around the house all day long, smoking pot and talking trash on the internet while his children go to school and his wife attends college full-time and also works full-time to support the family since he won't man up and do it. Despite the fact that he's home all day long, he doesn't bother to clean the house or anything, (trust me, I've seen his house) and the only time he gets out from behind the computer or PS3 is to feed himself. He's nothing. He does nothing with his life, yet he takes it upon himself to tell other people that they "aren't doing anything with their lives". LOL Talk about irony.

What was the point I was trying to make again? OH YEAH! People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I'm looking at YOU Jeremy.
Nov. 26, 2012, 3:51 pm
Deuce from Butte, Montana says:
I forgot to mention how rude and hateful Jeremy was to my wife and I, even before I married her. And he wonders why I didn't invite him to my wedding.
Nov. 26, 2012, 4:04 pm
Heather says:
We will be praying for you Larry from Butte MT.
Dec. 7, 2012, 11:36 pm
Heather says:
We will be praying for you Larry from Butte MT.
Dec. 7, 2012, 11:36 pm
Desirae from Greely says:
Duce from Butte MT, you probably don't remember me, but we went to Greeley Elementary together. We played on the play ground together, either you or your brother. Sorry to hear about your dad! Desirae
Aug. 16, 2016, 10:53 pm
lawrence ladouceur from Brooklyn says:
My name is Lawrence LaDouceur. Many lies and mis identities and misunderstandings have been spread about Me because I reject the Biblical Identity that is taught by Parents. Jewish Hebrew traditional human identity as Man or Woman, Male or Female, He or She and Her, born a Boy or Girl becoming Man or Woman, be fruitful and multiply. I know that My reproductive System is not a source of Emotion or to be used for recreation. I see Myself as a maturing adult Boy with a Masculine Soul. I know that every Person has a Soul that is Their Character, Their source of Emotion. I recognize that the physical Body and Mental Brain are individual. Some People are more complex than Others Mentally and are Physically more able than others. Because I reject the Jewish Hebrew Identity They spread lies and slander about Me. Because Most People in America believe the Jewish Hebrew Identity They believe the lies are true about Me and start spreading Their Own Lies about Me.
Oct. 1, 2016, 12:41 pm

Keep it local!

Stay in touch with your community. Subscribe to our free newsletter:

Optional: