The Superbowl may be weeks away, but Brooklyn’s in the midst of football mania. So after you thank your lucky starts that it’s finally Friday, and gear up for Sunday’s game, take a deep breath and look out the window — there’s a great big borough out there, and you’re going to take it by storm. Why, you ask? Because it’s your weekend!
• Kick off your fabulous Friday with a trip to the Brooklyn Museum to check out the brand new exhibit, “Question Bridge,” a video installation that explores the politics of race identity.
• Then, spend Friday evening watching the Heights Players’ rendition of “Enchanted April” — it’ll make you feel all warm and fuzzy while you’re freezing your butt off outside.
• Then, head to Fort Greene and cool yourself off with a smooth cocktail at brand new drink spot, Dick and Jane’s.
• Want a hot, fresh hamburger at the trendiest place in town? On Saturday, go get on line at Downtown’s brand spankin’ new Shake Shack on the Fulton Mall. The “Fudge-eddaboutit” concrete comes highly recommended — after all, it’s chock full of Mast Brothers chocolate and smothered in specialty chocolate-cinnamon sauce!
• Then, on Saturday, soak up some history and hop over to the Brooklyn Historical Society for its building tour!
• Spend the rest of your Saturday learning all about Brooklyn’s maritime history at the Navy Yard museum! Who wouldn’t wanna?
• Then, hop over to Midwood and feast on a knish — hand-made by Brooklyn legend Mohamed Salem of Adelman’s Kosher Delicatessen! Trust us — these knishes are delicious.
• Hungry? Great! Head to Park Slope and check out Va Beh, a brand new Italian outpost that makes a dreamy crostini.
• Round out your Saturday evening with a trip to powerhouseArena, to check out the “Feast Your Eyes” photo show, which documents the best and brightest food photography from around the country.
• Start your Sunday off right with a trip to the Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Art (known as MoCADA) for its first-ever DIY festival, featuring a wide range of craftspeople of color, shilling everything from T-shirts to cocktails!
• Forget it: you know what you’re doing on Sunday afternoon — you’re watching the New York Giants face off against the San Francisco 49ers, the latest rumble in the age-old East-West battle. But where will you watch? No worries! Check out our roundup of the best sports bars — fittingly organized by team spirit — to watch the big game. Go Niners! I mean, Go Giants!
• Afterwards, treat yourself to a cocktail and a clam sandwich at the Slope’s newest pub, Sea Witch, to wind down a pretty perfect weekend.
©2012 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not BrooklynPaper.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to BrooklynPaper.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.