Dan Donovan vs. Max Rose
Trump-endorsed Republican incumbent Dan Donovan, the only GOP congressmember from New York City, faces a close race against his Democratic challenger Max Rose in the mostly suburban and conservative 11th Congressional district, which covers Bay Ridge, Bath Beach, Dyker Heights, Bensonhurst, Gravesend and all of Staten Island.
• One of 13 House Republicans who voted against their party’s controversial tax bill last year, and also voted against GOP-backed legislation to repeal Obamacare in 2017.
• Won his seat in a 2015 special election.
• A former Staten Island District Attorney from 2003 to 2015, who in 2010 unsuccessfully ran as a Republican to become New York State’s Attorney General.
• U.S. Army veteran who fought in Afghanistan, earning a Bronze Star, Purple Heart, and Combat Infantryman Badge.
• Former health-care executive, working with health clinics, food pantries, and substance abuse programs.
•Worked for the late Kings County District Attorney Ken Thompson where he lead the effort to restore trust between communities and the criminal justice system.
• Universal health care.
• Improving local infrastructure.
• Expanding women’s rights.
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not BrooklynPaper.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to BrooklynPaper.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.