Come and get it!
Park Slope grub-lovers looking for deals on local dishes are in luck! The two-week foodie event “Dine in Park Slope” kicks off Aug. 19, offering special prices and happy hour deals at more than 50 spots in the Slope.
The is the second year for the local dining extravaganza, which started last year as a Slope-specific alternative to New York City Restaurant Week, the citywide eatery promotion that features 400 restaurants — but only nine of them in Brooklyn.
Some of the participating restaurants will entice dinners with free booze, including Seventh Avenue’s Pizza Plus, which will offer its patrons a free glass of beer or wine with the purchase of any entree.
Other spots will use the promotional event, which runs from Aug. 19 to Aug. 30, to feature a fixed menu at a reduced price, including SottoVoce, at Seventh Avenue and Fourth Street, which will offer a four-course Italian meal for $29.
The event is sponsored by the Fifth Ave. Business Improvement District, the North Flatbush Business Improvement District, the Park Slope Chamber of Commerce, and the Park Slope Civic Council.
Consult a map of participating restaurants and deals at www.parkslopefifthavenuebid.com/dine-in-park-slope, or consult the list below:
• Bar Basic (71 Seventh Ave.) — Happy Hour. Monday through Friday. 11 a.m.–7 p.m.
• Benchmark (339a Second St.) — Prix Fixe Menu.
• BK9 (62 Fifth Ave.) — 10 percent discount, Monday through Thursday.
• BKLYN Larder (228 Flatbush Ave.) — Half off coffee with pastry purchase. Monday through Friday, 3–4 p.m.
• Blue Ribbon Brasserie Brooklyn (280 Fifth Ave.) — Three-course prix fixe $29.99, dinner only.
• Bogota Latin Bistro (141 Fifth Ave.) — Three course prix fixe menu with one appetizer, entree, and dessert. Sunday through Thursday. 4–11 p.m.
• Brooklyn Bavarian Biergarten (263 Prospect Ave.) — Prix fixe menu with starter, entree, dessert.
• Brooklyn Crepe & Juice (274 Flatbush Ave.) — 10% off entire order.
• Burrito Bar & Kitchen (307 Flatbush Ave.) — Happy Hour in the Bar and Dining room. 3 p.m–close. Monday to Friday.
• Chick P (490 Bergen St.) — Buy one deluxe falafel sandwich get one soda free (dine in only).
• Colony 274 (274 Fourth Ave.) — Buy one get one appetizer or specialty cocktail anytime.
• Da Nonna Rosa (140 Seventh Ave.) — 15 percent off dining in. Monday through Friday.
• Dickey’s Barbecue (196 Flatbush Ave.) — 20 percent off any menu items.
• Doughnut Plant (245 Flatbush Ave.) — A small cup of Doughnut Plant Coffee House Blend with any purchase. Monday through Friday. 3–4 p.m.
• Empanada Loca (606 Fifth Ave.) — Choose from Cuban Roast Pork, Roasted Chicken or Hanger Steak, receive rice, beans, salad, and a soda for $10 (including taxes). 11 a.m.–4 p.m.
• Energy Fuel Food (606A Fifth Ave.) — to be determined
• Fferins of Brooklyn (438 Seventh Ave.) — Half-price ice cream. Monday through Friday. 2–3 p.m.
• Jai Dee Restaurant (420 Seventh Ave.) — Buy one, get one free.
• Ki Sushi (282 Flatbush Ave.) — Free appetizers. Dinner only.
• Kombit (279 Flatbush Ave.) — 10 percent discount on the bill. Tuesday through Thursday.
• Kos Kaffe (249 Fifth Ave.) — 20 percent off salads and sandwiches. Noon–3 p.m.
• L’Arte della Pizza (172 Fifth Ave.) — 10 percent off all entrees, pasta, and whole pies. Pizza slices and beverages excluded. Must call in order for delivery or pickup.
• La Villa Pizzeria & Restaurant (261 Fifth Ave.) — Appetizer, entree, glass of wine $30 per person.
• LBK (669 Union St.) — TBD.
• Le Mistral (332 Fifth Ave.) — 3 courses for lunch ($28) and dinner ($45). Monday through Friday.
• Lizzie Kings Parlor (75A Fifth Ave.) — 15 percent off. Monday through Friday. Noon–5 p.m.
• Logan’s Run (373 Fifth Ave.) — 15 percent off all drinks.
• Made in New York Jazz Cafe & Bar (155 Fifth Ave.) — Spend $75 for dinner and get a free bottle of red or white wine.
• Maya Taqueria (168 Fifth Ave.) — All Burritos 10 percent off. Monday through Friday. 2–6 p.m.
• Miti Miti Modern Mexican (138 Fifth Ave.) — Prix fixe menu with an appetizer, entree, and dessert. Sunday through Thursday. 4–11:30 p.m.
• Morgan’s Brooklyn Barbecue (267 Flatbush Ave.) — Complimentary order of Morgan’s Cornbread when you order a one-pound portion from its Smoked Meat selections. Monday through Friday.
• Namaste (195 Fifth Ave.) — Free dessert with lunch buffet. 11 a.m.–4 p.m.
• Negril BK (256 Fifth Ave.) — Three course prix fixe menu for $35. Tuesday through Thursday. Dinner Only.
• Ovenly (210 Flatbush Ave.) — Two-for-one cookies with any drink purchase. Monday through Friday. 3–4 p.m.
• Patsy’s Pizzeria (450 Dean St.) — 20 percent off. Noon–3 p.m.
• Pizza Plus (359 Seventh Ave.) — A free glass of wine or bottle of beer with a purchase of an entree or pasta dish. Any large speciality pie and a bottle of wine $35.
• Pizza Secret (72 Fifth Ave.) — Free dessert. Noon–7 p.m.
• Pokeworks (258 Seventh Ave.) — 20 percent discount.
• Rose Water (787 Union St.) — Prix fixe menu.
• Scottadito Osteria Toscana (788 Union St.) — Italian Happy Hour, free small plate. Tuesday through Friday. 4–7 p.m.
• Shaking Crab (230 Fifth Ave.) — 10 percent off starters. Saturday and Sunday. $5 Sangrias. 5–7 p.m.
• Sky Ice (63 Fifth Ave.) — Free Thai Iced Tea with any purchase over $10.
• Sky Ice 9th St. (437 Fifth Ave.) — Free Thai Iced Tea with any purchase over $10.
• SottoVoce (225 Seventh Ave.) — $29 Prix fixe with appetizer, pasta, meat, and dessert.
• Sugarcane (238 Fifth Ave.) — Prix fixe menu, dinner only.
• Sweet Polly (71 Sixth Ave.) — $1 Oysters. Sunday through Thursday.
• Tava Turkish & Mediterranean (318 Fifth Ave.) — Red or white wine with any entree. Monday through Friday. 3–7 p.m.
• The Dram Shop (339 Ninth St.) — Half-price wings on Monday. Half-price burgers on Tuesday.
• The Montrose (47 Fifth Ave.) — $15 Prix fixe menu with one appetizer and a drink. 3–4 p.m.
• The V Spot (156 Fifth Ave.) — A free empanada if you order a margarita. Monday through Friday. 5–7 p.m.
• Wasan Brooklyn (440 Bergen St.) — $24 do-it-yourself handroll special for two or three people. 4–8 p.m.
• Wild Park Slope (148 Fifth Ave.) — Free bottle of wine for a party of two, with purchase of two appetizers and two entrees. Monday through Thursday.
• Woodland (242 Flatbush Ave.) — One free classic house cocktail per person with purchase of an entrée. Monday through Friday.
• Yayo’s Latin Cuisine (36 Fifth Ave.) — $3 beers, $5 sangria and rum punch, $6 margaritas. Monday through Friday. 3–5 p.m.
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not BrooklynPaper.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to BrooklynPaper.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.