Whatta weekend! As such, The Weekender is going to be making the most of it. You should, too, by:
• Head to Coney Island — but don’t go without reading our exclusive Coney Island guide!
• Seeing the Heights Players’ production of “Shakespeare in Hollywood,” which our critic, the Butcher of Flatbush Avenue Extension, loved. Or you could see “Bus Stop” at the Gallery Players, though the Butcher savaged it.
• Heading to the trombone festival at IBeam on Saturday night. Yes, a trombone festival!
• Enjoying the last Brooklyn Flea winter antiques market in DUMBO.
• Going out and buy Giulia Melucci’s funny new book.
• Eating at Ignazio’s and see if it stacks up to Grimaldi’s.
• Taking racy photos or sending nasty texts from your cellphone for all to see!
• Picking out a really nice bottle of New York wine at the Greene Grape, which just won an award!
• Getting a guilt-free manicure!
• Partying for Coney Island on Saturday at Southpaw.
• Heading to the Central Brooklyn Jazz Festival to hear a great show.
• Welcoming the UniverSoul Circus back to Prospect Park.
©2009 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not BrooklynPaper.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to BrooklynPaper.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.