Lavender Lake: Bill Roundy's cartoon review

Bartoonist takes a dive into this Gowanus-centric watering hole

for The Brooklyn Paper

Lavender Lake [383 Carroll St., between Bond and Nevins streets in Gowanus, www.lavenderlake.com]. Open Mon–Fri, 4 pm–2 am; Sat, Sun, noon–2 am.

John Wasserman from Windsor Terrace says:
Pardon the interuption, but I simply can't see this bar being open in the next year or perhaps two. I hate to be the one to say this. Having said that, I do wish them all of the best.
Aug. 10, 2012, 11:54 am
John Wasserman from Windsor Terrace says:
May I also add that I do disagree with this "bartoonist". I do respect his opinion, though.
Aug. 10, 2012, 11:55 am
Chris from Crown Heights says:
You disagree with him on what? And what were you interrupting? You were the first commenter!
Aug. 10, 2012, 12:07 pm
John wasserman from Windsor Terrace says:
Well, Chris, for starters our "Bill Roundy" states that this "Lavender Iced Tea" tastes like an Arnold Palmer. I'm sorry, but I disagree. Rather, to me, it tastes more like a Snapple with vodka in it. Also, the back patio can hardly be described as "spacious". I do respect his opinions but I kindly disagree. I will not get into the phallic implications of the shape of his "Everyone I spoke to made this joke" part. But, having said that, I very much doubt that EVERYONE he spoke to made that joke, unless, of course, it was only one person-two tops. His definition of surface is also questionable at best.
Aug. 10, 2012, 1:23 pm
John Wasserman from Windsor Terrace says:
Also, Chris, Bill states that most people head to the back yard, which is filled with citronella candles. These candles repel mosquitos. Now, how could he have gotten 7 bites? It's slightly unclear whether he is wearing long pants or shorts in this drawing, but I suspect that he may be exaggerating. And even if it's true, why would everyone head to the back to get bitten by mosquitoes that are immune to these candles? I'm sorry, but I have to disagree.
Aug. 10, 2012, 3:33 pm
Narrator from Here says:
And with that, John Wasserman crawled back into the Gowanus Canal.
Aug. 10, 2012, 7:08 pm
Adolf from says:
What can we expect from person with last name "Wasserman"
Aug. 10, 2012, 9:58 pm
oldtimebrooklyn from slope says:
anyone who wants to live in "Gowanus' is looking at some cancer - not fair to the wife an spawn
Aug. 13, 2012, 2:39 am
fancyasian from C. Gardens says:
Oh my, Go'anus mosquitoes. Hope you survived.
Aug. 16, 2012, 12:53 pm