Midnight Mile in Greenpoint

Bartoonist gets his whiskey straight

Moonlight Mile [200 Franklin St. at India Street in Greenpoint. (718) 389–3904, www.themoonlightmile.net]. Open Mon–Thu, 4 pm–1 am; Fri, 4 pm–2 am; Sat, 3 pm–2 am; Sun, 3 pm–1 am.

diehipster from Smacking Seths says:
I bet the bartender in this failure of a business has an out of place mustache. Oh snap! I just saw the picture - he does! I was right!
April 11, 2014, 8:48 am
diehipster from Smacking Seths says:
Imagine the snobbery going on in this effin place??? Haydens and Masons and Conrads trying to out-knowledge each other about Whiskey facts - all while mommy's Midwest Mastercard sits behind the bar absorbing the tab. LOL.

Yaaaaaaaaaah deeeeed!
April 11, 2014, 8:51 am
Mike from Williamsburg says:
Yet again, the most put upon guy in Brooklyn is whining that an establishment doesn't serve exactly what he wants.

"Why me!?" he cries. "Why must I shop somewhere else that has things I like? Why does the Mexican restaurant not have spaghetti? Why does the French restaurant not have a hamburger? Why does the whiskey bar not have rum?"
April 11, 2014, 9:14 am
Matt from Greenpoint says:
$12 for 6.5 oz of liquor is not a bad deal for NYC. What Whiskey is in it?
April 11, 2014, 10:08 am
Matt from Greenpoint says:
Better check this place out before the lease catches up with the trust fund.
April 11, 2014, 10:10 am
BrooklynGersh from The WT says:
So many of these commenters don't understand that Bill Roundy is the best bar critic in the country right now. His reviews are in the form of a cartoon, but his voice and knowledge is bested by no one.

I, for one, will do whatever I can to make sure he is someday recognized for his greatness.

And no, I am not sleeping with him.
April 11, 2014, 10:51 am
curious says:
By now, I have probably read a thousand comments by diehipster, all of which are almost exactly the same. (Perhaps they are generated by a computer program.)

Many of the comments close with some variation of, "Yaaaaaaaaaah deeeeed!" Is that supposed to be a phoentic spoof of, "Yah dude"? If so, I have never heard anyone sound anything like like that, and I encounter plenty of "hipsters" (as I would define them). Is it something else? This is not a subtle critique of diehipster; I am sincerely curious. Thanks.
April 11, 2014, 12:56 pm
diehipster from Suplexing Soyboys says:
I'll tell you myself. "YAH" is how hipsters say "YEAH" and yes deeeeed is how some say dude. I've heard it.
April 11, 2014, 3:18 pm
the moonlight mile from greenpoint says:
Hey diehipster from Smacking Seths and Matt. We are a locally owned specialty bar that is trying very hard to be the opposite of what people traditionally think and get when the visit most whiskey/bourbon bars. WE are quite proud of the work Bill did and had a wonderful time chatting and talking with him. We did not even know he was drawing something based on us. As local Greenpointers pursuing our "labor of love" which is: great music, great beer and great whiskey we would welcome the opportunity for both of you to come in, say hello and let us serve you in the best way possible. This hopefully will give you info to form your own opinion on us based upon your visit and interaction not on what you assume. Finally, there are no trust fund babies here just people working hard. Cheers and hope to see you both soon.
April 12, 2014, 1:05 pm
Buh Bye Mooks from Mooklyn says:
Diehipster and his fellow trolls love to dwell on their fictional hipster-transplant straw man and his rich Ohio parents, as if parental subsidies could account for the changes taking place in 'their' Brooklyn. In reality, almost none of the recent transplants to the city are from the Midwest, or are trust fund babies who don't have to work for a living. Speaking of not working for a living, who are these mook locals I see in my 'working class' neighborhood who sit around all day in their sweats, littering on the sidewalk and yelling up and down the block at each other? While technically adults by age, they dress and act like 13 year olds, dropping f-bombs with every grunt like utterance even with their own kids in tow, as they waddle back from the bodega with their cigarettes and scratch tickets to their parentally inherited rent-stabilized apartment or townhouse. Does anyone actually think that these people are anything but a depressing remnant of Brooklyn's former working class, and that it would be a loss to the community when their dumb violent low level drug dealing 'culture' is displaced by new residents and businesses?
April 13, 2014, 10:37 am
Fictional Hipster from Somewhere says:
I didn't really type this - because I don't exist.
April 13, 2014, 12:33 pm
SwampYankee from ruined Brooklyn says:
Errrr.....They don't come from Ohio. Check out Joanie Leon Guerrero from the drunken Easter Egg hunt at this same website. Ohio. Thats just this wee. I got another one form Austin and some irritating Vegan for upstate and there was another Josh from Maine. Point is they are not from here and it shows. It's not like they want to fit in. they want to change Brooklyn to better suit their whitebread taste. They so desperately want to be "from" Brooklyn but you can instantly tell. You will never be "from" Brooklyn unless you birth certificate says so. you can only be "Brooklyn based" and that is just not the same thing. BTW, did you get beat up in a Brooklyn High school, or are you just not from here?
April 13, 2014, 7:47 pm