Farmhouse Family Day; Beautiful Bees
- East Flatbush
Take a break from this hot and rainy August weather as we learn about the importance of bees and how they affect our everyday life. Bring your own bee to life with some simple, easy to use materials right here in our museum! Enjoy lawn games, colonial-era toys, a farm tour, or just a socially distanced picnic on the lawn. Family Day runs from 11-3 and is always free for all ages.
What to expect on your visit:
- Farmhouse Family Day is free and open to all ages, ideal for children ages 4-10.
- The bee-themed craft activity will begin at 1PM.
- Farm activities (i.e. planting, weeding) and beehive demo are limited, first-come first-served basis beginning at 12PM. Make sure to wear close-toed shoes and prepare to get dirty.
Other things to do while you are here:
- Stop by our Farm stand (from 11AM-3PM) featuring Wyckoff Farm fresh veggies and herbs as well as neighborhood vendors.
- Sign up for a “Sunflower Vegetable Share” food box, a low-cost seasonal fruit and vegetable share, accepting EBT/SNAP.
- Drop off food scraps for compost.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- We respectfully ask that all visitors (over the age of 2 years) adhere to mask wearing and social distancing requirements while visiting the museum. Following these protocols will also help protect those who are unvaccinated, including families who visit with young children.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the park and event. We will have extra masks if you do not bring your own.
- We recommend using the restroom before your arrival. There is one port-o-san on the property.