With service on the F train getting worse, The Brooklyn Paper offered these handy tips for surviving the morning commute.
1. Don’t wear heavy perfume or cologne, but do bathe on a regular basis.
2. By all means, pull out your iPod — but remember that a slow song can make the ride seem that much longer (and a slow dance probably isn’t a good idea considering all the bodies packed so closely together).
3. On the F line, the middle cars tend to have fewer passengers.
4. Don’t use your cellphone in the above-ground portion of the line. Yelling, “I’ll be there in five minutes! No, I said five. Five! Yes, five” is usually futile on this much-delayed train.
5. Put your bag on the floor instead of knocking into everyone.
©2007 Community News Group
By submitting this comment, you agree to the following terms:
You agree that you, and not BrooklynPaper.com or its affiliates, are fully responsible for the content that you post. You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-oriented material or any material that may violate applicable law; doing so may lead to the removal of your post and to your being permanently banned from posting to the site. You grant to BrooklynPaper.com the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual and fully sublicensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display such content in whole or in part world-wide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.