Mother f-------! Park Slope moms’ group only talks about sex

Tossing taboos: Sid Azmi believes motherhood and dildos can go hand-in-hand — that’s why she’s hosting a monthly moms group that talks exclusively about sex.
Brooklyn Paper

Don’t miss our updates:

The only taboo topic at this mothers’ group is mothering.

A Park Slope sex shop is hosting a monthly meetup where moms gab about their erotic experiences, sexual fantasies, and penis preferences. The ladies aren’t allowed to discuss their kids, but their leader insists the kink counsel ultimately helps them become better parents.

“Children in Park Slope came from f------,” said Sid Azmi, owner of Fifth Avenue pleasure emporium Please, where she hosts the monthly meetings dubbed “Banana Pancakes.” “In order for us to perpetuate the happiness we get from our children, we need to go back to the root and say ‘This is how we got here.’ ”

Azmi says she started the group after noticing many of her fellow matriarchs were losing touch with their sensual sides — partly due to the whirlwind life-changes that come with motherhood, but also because there is a societal shroud of silence around sexuality after giving birth.

Moms are expected to be nurturing beings who put their kids’ needs first, said Azmi, but that should not mean forgetting their own needs.

“There is a loss of identity when you become a mother, but that doesn’t have to be the case,” she said. “You can be a mother and still be a woman.”

The gab sessions are completely judgment-free zones, said one attendee — the mamas share their turn-ons and masturbation habits, and even toss around illicit topics such as extra-marital affairs and threesome.

“There’s a lot of encouragem­ent,” said Nora, who declined to share her last name. “It’s cheering on other people who aren’t feeling like sexual beings anymore, and telling them ‘You’re awesome, you’re beautiful, if you still want to have sex you should go out and get it!’ ”

The moms are also encouraged to broaden their sexual horizons, Azmi said — a professional dominatrix will give a guest a presentation at an upcoming Feb. 26 session where the ladies will bond over bondage.

The next Banana Pancakes meeting is at Please [557 Fifth Ave. between Prospect Park West and 16th Street in Park Slope, (718) 788–6969, www.pleasenewyork.com]. Feb. 26 at 9 am. Free.

Reach reporter Allegra Hobbs at ahobbs@cnglocal.com or by calling (718) 260–8312.
Posted 12:00 am, February 22, 2016

Don’t miss our updates:

Mom from Park Slope says:
She doesn't care about the mothers, she's just using this an excuse to pressure them into buying more dildos. Rubbing a hunk of plastic on yourself is not getting in touch with your sexuality after motherhood.
Feb. 22, 2016, 6:50 am
BrooklynGersh from The WT says:
Reminds me of a GREAT Brooklyn Paper video from a few years back: http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/31/22/31_22_babeland_opens.html
Feb. 22, 2016, 9:20 am
ty from pps says:
That's a very "healthy" dildo she has there...
Feb. 22, 2016, 10:19 am
Gimme from Yourz says:
Gots me horny for some milfs yo!
Feb. 22, 2016, 11:19 am
Reality from Park Slope says:
Sounds like "Mom from Park Slope" could really use a dildo.
Feb. 27, 2016, 6:03 pm
Tony from Sheapsheadbay says:
I was born and raised in parkslope but now live in Sheapsheadbay....!I would love to meet attractive women who know what and how that want things:.. I'm 34 Puerto Rican male .... I was formerly a personal trainer and am very fun and out going... I'm looking for a friend for adult fun and fun all together... Even just hanging out and getting to know one another is fine with me.... If anyone is interested my# is 3477645410.... My name is tony
April 10, 2016, 12:24 am
Tony from Sheapsheadbay says:
I'm 34... Puerto Rican male that was born and raised in Park slope I'm looking for attractive outgoing woman to have adult fun even just hanging out and getting to know each other is fine with me I used to be a personal trainer and I'm very fun and outgoing I currently live in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn if anyone is interested give me a call my number is 3477645410...my name is Tony
April 10, 2016, 12:27 am

Don’t miss out!

Stay in touch with the stories people are talking about in your neighborhood:

Optional: Help us tailor our newsletters to you!