Brooklyn Heights–DUMBO–Boerum Hill–Downtown
A group of thugs attacked a man on Nov. 3 — though it’s unclear where!
The victim first told police that five men beat him up in Carroll Park along President Street between Smith and Court streets, at 10 pm.
He was taken to Brooklyn Hospital — where the then told other officers that he had been beaten on Carroll Street near Court Street.
Police offered few other details.
At least five purses were stolen last week. Here are the details:
• A thief stole a purse from a woman in a building on Adams Street between Tech Place and the Fulton Mall, at 10 am on Oct. 31.
• A thief swiped a purse in a building on Livingston Street between Elm Place and Bond Street, on Nov. 2. The victim said she left the purse on her desk at 2:30 pm and it was missing when she returned 15 minutes later.
• A thief snatched a purse from a park bench near the fabled Brooklyn Heights Promenade at 2 pm on Oct. 31. The owner said she left it on the bench on the pedestrian portion of Montague Street between the glorious view corridor and Pierrepont Place.
• A thief stole a purse from the Court Street Starbucks near Joralemon Street at 1:30 pm on Nov. 4.
• A thief stole a purse at St. Ann’s Warehouse on Oct. 31. The victim said she left the purse in a pile of bags at the Water Street theater, between Dock and Main streets, at 5:15 pm. Seventy-five minutes later, it was gone.
A heartless thug stole a disabled man’s bag on a Fulton Street bus on Nov. 2.
The handicapped victim told cops that he had just exited the B25 bus near Jay Street at 2:40 pm when he realized the bag was missing from the back of his wheelchair.
A thief stole a woman’s iPhone on Prospect Street on Nov. 2.
The victim said she was near Washington Street at 6:30 pm when the thief took the device and fled.
Three burglars stole electronic equipment from a Jay Street building on Oct. 24.
An employee at the building, which is at John Street, said that the men entered her office at 6:50 pm. One of them chatted her up, while his accomplices removed a computer and $4,000 camera and fled.
A thief stole cash from a locker in a frequently pilfered Duffield Street gym on Oct. 31.
The workout wonk said that he left the unit unlocked at his gym, between the Fulton Mall and Willoughby Street, before heading to exercise at 11:30 am. When he returned, $60 was missing.
— Daniel Bush