Baddie socks bodega employee for cheap cigars • Brooklyn Paper

Baddie socks bodega employee for cheap cigars

88th Precinct

Fort Greene–Clinton Hill

Up in smoke

A ne’er-do-well assaulted a Myrtle Avenue bodega employee for $3 cigars on Feb. 12, police said.

The baddie took the black and mild cigars from the grocery store near Washington Park at about 4 pm, and when the employee confronted him, he punched him in the face, causing a gash to his left eye, officials said.

The villain fled down Myrtle Avenue in a dark-colored Nissan sports utility vehicle, cops said.

Caught in the act

Cops cuffed a teen for threatening to cut two guys with a knife on Myrtle Avenue on Feb. 14.

The victims told police they and the suspect had gotten into a verbal argument near Saint Edwards Street at about 6:45 pm when the 15-year-old whipped out a knife from his waistband and tried to cut them both by thrusting it forward and swinging it, officials said. One of the victims picked up the knife from the ground after the suspect hurled it, cops said.

Street slashing

A snake slashed a man in the hand with a knife after getting into a fight at a Flatbush Avenue Extension restaurant on Feb. 16, police said.

The 52-year-old security worker told police he was outside the diner near Fulton Street at 11 pm when the cur started arguing with him after getting kicked out of the eatery. The baddie took a knife from his front pocket and slashed the victim in his hand, officials said. The criminal fled on foot down DeKalb Avenue and paramedics transported the victim to Brooklyn Hospital, police said.

Grab and go

Some sneak swiped a guy’s bag from a Flushing Avenue building on Feb. 10, cops said.

The 35-year-old victim told police he had placed his bag down against a wall inside the Navy Yard between Seventh and Eighth avenues at about 8:30 pm, with a bunch of camera equipment inside, and when he went back to get it at 2 am, it was gone, officials said.


Some jerk rode off with a guy’s electric bicycle parked on Myrtle Avenue on Feb. 13, police said.

The worker parked his pricey black-and-red electric bicycle unlocked on the street near Washington Avenue at about 10:20 pm, and when he went to get it 20 minutes later, it was gone, according to authorities.

— Julianne Cuba

More from Around New York