Bloody New Year

Bloody death

On Quentin Road, the new year began with the bloody — and mysterious — death of a 20-year-old man.

Cops were called to the victim’s home, which is between E. 17th and E. 18th streets, at 8:40 am on Jan. 1, and found the man face down in the kitchen, bleeding out from multiple stab wounds to his neck and arms.

The victim was rushed to an area hospital, where he died of his injures.

Despite the carnage left behind, cops have yet to declare the death a homicide — leading one to believe that the victim may have taken his own life.

Rough robbery

A thief attacked a 25-year-old on E. 17th Street on Dec. 31, knocking him to the ground before making off with $1,000 and a diamond ring.

The victim was between Quentin Road and Avenue R when he was attacked, police said.

Upping the ante

A thug held a woman as a bargaining chip on Dec. 31 during a crazed robbery on Avenue S.

A young couple told police that they were nearing McDonald Avenue at 6:15 pm when the man dropped his cellphone.

At that point, the thief came out of nowhere and grabbed hold of it.

But when the man tried to stop him, the thief grabbed his wife by the arm and gave him a choice.

“Give me your wallet and I will let the her go,” the fiend said.

The victim did what he was told. The thief pushed the woman into a nearby fence, then scooped up the wallet, the woman’s handbag, and the phone — and made his escape.

Punch and run

A goon jumped a 25-year-old on Kings Highway on Dec. 31, leaving him with a battering of bruises.

The victim told police that he had just exited the train station and was nearing E. 15th Street at 2:58 am when the suspect ran up and attacked.

Brute nabbed

A 29-year-old man was arrested on Dec. 31 after he attacked another man on Avenue U.

The victim was nearing E. 18th Street at 1:20 am when the thug jumped him and punched him in the face several times for no apparent reason.

Camry crack

A thug broke into a 2006 Toyota Camry parked on E. Ninth Street on Dec. 20, taking a laptop computer and a credit card he later used at a nearby gas station.

The car’s owner left the vehicle parked between Quentin Road and Kings Highway at 3:30 pm. When the owner returned a short time later, someone had shattered the passenger side window and looted its cabin.

Raiding Henry’s

Thieves broke into Henry’s Deli on Avenue S on Dec. 13, taking $3,000.

Workers at the store, which is between E. 29th Street and Nostrand Avenue, said someone forced open the steel security gate at 4 am. The crooks broke the locks to the front door before raiding the place, employees told police.

40-inch theft

A slippery criminal wormed his way into an E. 12th Street home on Dec. 12, taking a 40-inch plasma television and a laptop computer.

The thief entered the home, which is between Avenues R and S, sometime after 9 am after forcing open a window by a fire escape, the tenant told police.

More from Around New York