Borough EMT nabbed for rape spree

A city EMT who turned both East Flatbush and Canarsie into his own personal hunting ground was accused of being a serial rapist on July 21 — just two days after he allegedly sexually assaulted a 20-year-old woman.

Police said Angus Pascall, a five-year veteran of the FDNY who responded to 911 calls in Brooklyn’s Wingate section, committed five sex assaults stretching back to 2001. Four of the attacks were split between East Flatbush and Canarsie.

Pascall’s spree began long before he was an EMT — back on June 11, 2001, when police said he followed a 22-year-old East Flatbush woman into her home and raped her at gunpoint.

Police say Pascall, a resident of Rockaway Parkway between East New York Avenue and Rutland Road in East Flatbush, remained silent for eight years before resurfacing on May 21, 2009, and attacking a 20-year-old woman near the corner of Church Avenue and E. 37th Street. Cops report he followed his victim into an apartment building elevator before pulling a knife and accosting her.

Then, once again, he dropped out of sight, but this time it wasn’t for a few years — just a few months.

On Oct. 20, 2009, police alledge he approached a 14-year-old girl near the corner of E. 105th Street and Avenue N, forcing her to the back of her building. He reportedly pulled a knife and claimed to have a gun, but ran away when the teen began screaming for help. His victim was left unharmed, officials said.

Sources said crime scene technicians were able to collect some DNA from the Canarsie attack. The sample was then connected to his previous crimes.

Now armed with DNA evidence, cops started a full-court press for the rapist, who once again fell off the grid for a short time.

Police said Pascall returned to his evil extra-curricular activities on July 11, when he allegedly sodomized an 11-year-old girl at gunpoint after trapping her in an elevator at the Kingsborough Houses.

Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said Pascall used an elevator key to trap his prey.

“[Pascall] used a special elevator key to bring the elevator down to where he was and to make certain that no one else would be able to use the elevator,” Kelly told reporters. “He got the elevator key because he was an EMT.”

Police said Pascall’s last attack was on July 19, when he forced a 20-year-old Canarsie woman into a Nissan Maxima at gunpoint just before 3 pm. He then drove the car around the block and forced himself on her.

Yet throwing a car into the mix led to his undoing, police said.

After forcing his victim out of the car and driving off, the astute woman noted his license plate. Detectives later connected the vehicle to one of Pascal’s friends. Pascal took possession of the Nissan after his buddy was arrested for driving on a suspended license, police said.

Prosecutors said that Pascall was in trouble with the law before his arrest last Wednesday.

Back on Jan. 26, Pascall was arrested for punching his girlfriend. During a heated dispute, he allegedly attacked her, then grabbed a pipe the woman was using to defend her self and pressed it against her throat.

The domestic violence case was still pending by late Wednesday, prosecutors said.

More from Around New York