Burglar hits jackpot in Henry Street home

84th Precinct

Brooklyn Heights–DUMBO–Boerum Hill–Downtown

Cabinet caper

A burglar broke into a woman’s Henry Street home on July 31 — and took off with several diamond rings and bracelets worth a total of $71,000.

The crook entered the home between Pierrepont Place and Love Lane at 8 pm and made his way toward a locked wooden cabinet housing the pricey jewelry, officers say.

Metro mugging

A jerk snatched a straphanger’s iPhone 4S out of her hands when her train entered the Hoyt-Schermerhorn streets station on July 31.

The victim told police that she was on the A train at 4:30 pm when the robber ripped the phone out of her hands and dashed off the train.

Steel stolen

Thieves stole five tons of construction material from Brooklyn Bridge Park on July 30.

The site manager told police that the construction bars were last seen on Joralemon Street near Furman Street at 7 am on July 27. The metal rods stolen are valued at $15,000, and police say they suspect the theft as an inside job.

Park sharks

Five teenage jerks stole iPhones from another group of teens at Brooklyn Bridge Park on July 31.

The three teens told cops they were in the park near Atlantic Avenue and Furman Street at 9:40 pm when the muugers approached them.

“I have a gun in my bag,” one threatened as the bullies demanded the victims’ smartphones.

Police have used the iPhones’ tracking apps to trace the cellphones to Smith and Baltic streets, but no arrests have been made.

Steals on wheels

A cycling crook snatched an iPhone out of a woman’s hands on Bergen Street on Aug. 2.

The victim said she was waiting for the bus near Third Avenue at 10:30 pm when the thief rolled by, grabbed the phone, and sped off.

Fruit pursuit

Two thieves snatched a woman’s iPhone on Orange Street on July 30 — and managed to evade an off-duty cop who gave chase.

The victim was between Hicks and Henry streets at 12:53 am when the jerks grabbed her Apple phone and ran down toward Pineapple Street. An off-duty police officer dashed after the two thugs, when one turned around and threatened the officer with a broken bottle, reports say.

The thieves got away, and phone-tracking apps have been unsuccessful in finding them.

— Alfred Ng

More from Around New York