Crossing guard dies a month after being injured in car accident

Sad news

A 70th Precinct crossing guard who helped children get back and forth to school for 18 years has died — a month after being struck down in a crazed car accident.

Helen DeJesus, 61, was at the corner of Flatbush Avenue and Glenwood Road, as she was on her way to PS 315, which is on Glenwood Road and E. 23rd Street, to assist children at dismissal.

Suddenly, two cars collided at the intersection, and witnesses said that one of the vehicles veered off into DeJesus’s direction, knocking her over.

She was rushed to the hospital with head trauma. She was then sent to a rehabilitation facility in the Bronx, where she died on Dec. 8, officials said.

Cell swipes

Thieves raided a Flatbush Avenue Sprint cellphone store on Dec. 14, taking $3,000 and, of course, a few cellphones.

Workers said the thieves came in at noon, pulled a gun, and ordered them to the back of the store, which is between Church and Snyder avenues.

After tying the employees’ hands behind their backs, the thieves pulled plastic bags from their jackets and emptied the display cases. They also took the day’s deposits, employees told police.

Cab robbers busted

Two thieves held up a cab driver onAvenue on Dec. 12, but didn’t get away with the crime.

The cabbie said he was called to Newkirk Avenue between E. 19th Street and Ocean Avenue to pick up the two men at 10:40 pm.

When he arrived, one of the men pulled a gun, demanding he fork over his cash and cellphone.

The thieves then ran off, only to get arrested a short time later.

Bank boob

A thief tried to knock over a Flatbush Avenue HSBC Bank on Dec. 3, but ended up running off empty-handed.

Police said that the thief entered the bank, which is between Glenwood Road and Nostrand Avenue, at 10:20 am and passed a note demanding money.

He didn’t expect what happened next: The teller flat out refused to help him.

Stunned, the thief ran off to try his luck somewhere else.

Shot on H

Two goons opened fire on a 38-year-old man sitting in a car parked on Avenue H during a bloody Dec. 13 clash.

The victim told police that he was sitting in the passenger side of the vehicle, parked near E. 46th Street, when the suspects walked up and opened fire, hitting him in the neck, torso and thigh.

The 38-year-old was immediately taken to an area hospital, where he was listed in stable condition after treatment.

Shot on E. 31

A gunman opened fire on E. 31st Street on Dec. 12, leaving a man dead.

Police responded to the quiet block between Foster and Farragut roads at 6 pm upon hearing a report of shots fired.

When they showed up, the victim — who remained unidentified — was found lying on the ground, shot in the head.

Cops are asking anyone with information regarding this incident to come forward.

Calls can be made to the NYPD CrimeStoppers hotline at (800) 577-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.

Wipe out graffiti

As the ongoing war against graffiti continues, cops are now offering a $500 reward to anyone with information that can lead them to the vandals that mark up the community.

The reward is part of the city’s new push to rid New York of graffiti, one of the leading quality of life complaints brought to police.

Anyone with information about graffiti vandalism in their neighborhood is urged to call either 311 or 911.