Doused with acid

Doused with acid

A man walking his dog was splattered with sulfuric acid Wednesday — possibly because his four-legged companion was barking too loudly.

Officials said that the 29-year-old victim was walking along Avenue U near Ocean Avenue at 5:50 p.m. on March 3 when the unidentified suspect, who was dressed all in black, threw a 32-ounce bottle of acid at him, leaving him with burns to his face and hands.

The victim was rushed to Staten Island Hospital for treatment. His dog wasn’t hit by the acid, officials said.

Sources said that a few moments before the attack the victim got into an argument with the mysterious man in black during a confrontation at the corner of Avenue T and East 21st Street.

The stranger complained that the victim’s dog was barking too loudly, officials said.

Cops are asking anyone with information regarding this incident to come forward.

Calls can be made to the 61st Precinct at (718) 627-6611. All calls will be kept confidential.

Furniture fiend

Cops are looking for the gun-toting goon who held up National Furniture, 2378 Flatbush Avenue, Sunday afternoon.

Police were told that the unidentified male rushed into the store on March 7, pulling a gun on workers and customers.

The thief robbed his three victims of their cash, as well as the money in the register, before running off.

Anyone with information regarding the gunman’s identity is urged to come forward.

Calls can be made to the 63rd Precinct at (718) 258-4411. All calls will be kept confidential.

Withdrawing a deposit

Two gun-toting thieves are being sought for robbing a 50-year-old man of his cash just as he was about to deposit his money into a local bank.

The victim said that he was about to deposit the $560 he had in an envelope at a Chase ATM on Kings Highway near East 15th Street at 6:50 a.m. March 2 when two white males approached and pulled a gun on him.

The gunman threatened to shoot the 50-year-old if he didn’t give the money to his accomplice, officials were told.

Police said the thieves escaped the area in a 1999 Chrysler Town & Country that was waiting nearby.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to come forward.

Calls can be made to the 61st Precinct at (718) 627-6611. All calls will be kept confidential.

Park prey

A 27-year-old mugger was taken into custody last week after he allegedly tried to hold up a 14-year-old at Kelly Park, Avenue S and East 14th Street.

The teen told police that he was playing in the park at 3:30 p.m. on March 5 when suspect Preciliano Modesto allegedly approached with a red box-cutter in his hand.

Modesto allegedly put the box-cutter against his victim’s stomach and demanded his money.

After a few tense moments, Modesto ran off empty-handed — right into the hands of responding police officers, who charged him with attempted robbery.

Taxi bash-a-rama

A 30-year-old man was taken into custody early Monday morning after he allegedly attacked a taxi cab with a baseball bat.

The cabbie told police that he was driving through Marine Park at 1:50 a.m. March 8 when he noticed suspect Naeem Akhtar following him for several blocks.

When the victim finally pulled over at the corner of Flatbush and Fillmore avenues, Akhtar also stopped, police alleged. He then exited his car with a baseball bat in his hand and lunged at the car, smashing out the windows while the victim was still inside, alleged officials.

Cops called to the scene took Akhtar into custody without incident, charging him with menacing in the second degree, criminal mischief and criminal possession of a weapon.

It was unclear what sparked the violence, although it’s believed that the attack was the continuation of an earlier disagreement between the two men.

Not very convenient

A thief barreled into Deepe Convenience, 1830 Flatbush Avenue, last week, robbing the place at gunpoint.

Workers said that the unidentified black male entered the store, located near Avenue K, at about 6:30 a.m. on March 1, pulling a gun on a worker.

The gunman ordered the employee to open the register and made off with $630 in cash, officials said.

Cops were still looking for the gunman as this paper went to press.

Knocked down and robbed

A crew of five teenage thieves swarmed and bowled over a 47-year-old woman as she entered a sushi restaurant on Kings Highway last week, police alleged.

The victim told police that she felt the teens were following her as she walked along Kings Highway at 9:15 p.m. on March 2.

When she entered the restaurant, located near East 19th Street, the teens allegedly grabbed her, pushed her to the ground and ran off with her cell phone.

Responding officers rounded up three of the suspects a short time later.

The teens, identified as 16-year-old Aaron Mirra, 17-year-old Keith Allen and a 14-year-old juvenile, were all charged with robbery.

Two more accomplices were still being sought by authorities as this paper went to press.

Too much work

A crew of no good rats gave up their attempt to tunnel into Song’s Deli, 5401 Avenue T, in Mill Basin last week.

Employees showed up for work on the morning of March 1 to discover something wrong with their ceiling.

When they investigated they learned that someone had attempted to cut a hole into the roof.

The work, which must have started sometime after the store closed at 5 p.m. the night before, was never completed, officials said.

Working overtime

There could have been a reason why thieves didn’t complete the above mentioned break in — they may have been too busy breaking into a nearby laundromat.

Workers at Flatbush & R Laundromat, 2220 Flatbush Avenue, told police that someone tunneled their way through the roof of their business sometime after closing on 8 p.m. on February 28.

Whoever tunneled in actually managed to get inside, where $2,000 in receipts were removed.

Cops are asking anyone with information regarding this incident to come forward.

Calls can be made to the 63rd Precinct at (718) 258-4411. All calls will be kept confidential.

Cell swipe

A nine-year-old girl lost her cell phone, albeit briefly, last week when an older child swiped it from her hands in Bergen Beach.

Cops from the 63rd Precinct were told that the girl was nearing the corner of Avenue T and East 71st Street at 4 p.m. on March 4 when a 14-year-old grabbed the phone and ran off with it.

Responding officers caught up with the teen a short time later, taking him into custody without incident, said police, who added that the phone was returned to the nine-year-old.

Booze bash

A late night shopper busted into a Utica Avenue beer distributor last week.

Workers at Beer King showed up at their store between avenues M and N at 6:30 a.m. March 4 to find that someone had forced open the front door.

Whoever busted inside swiped $1500 in receipts and several cartons of cigarettes, workers said.

It was unclear how much booze was taken — if any.

Help wipe out graffiti

As the ongoing war against graffiti vandalism continues, cops are now offering a $500 reward to anyone with information that can help them arrest neighborhood graffiti vandals.

The hefty reward is part of the city’s ongoing push to rid New York of graffiti; the leading quality of life complaint brought to police.

Anyone with information about graffiti vandalism in their neighborhood is urged to contact either 311 or 911.

More from Around New York