A troublesome Dyker Heights nightclub has been given the go-ahead to reopen after being padlocked by police — but it’s going to have to be on its best behavior if it wants to stay that way.
“We’re going to monitor the location,” said Deputy Inspector Eric Rodriguez, commanding officer of the 68th Precinct, of F1, at 65th Street between Eighth and Ninth Avenues, which he shut down on July 9 because of fighting and underage drinking. “It’s not going to be business as usual.”
The club reopened after a July 14 hearing, but going forward, club owners are going to have to toe the straight-and-narrow.
“The judge told them that any time there are over 200 people in the place, they have to notify us seven days in advance,” Rodriguez reported. This is to help curb the problems that have surfaced when promoters have brought large and sometimes unruly crowds to the venue, he said.
In addition, Rodriguez said, club owners have been ordered to get an ID reader to help determine the authenticity of IDs. Rodriguez also said the club was required to close by midnight last Thursday, when they had an event geared to the 18-and-over crowd.
The State Liquor Authority also is keeping tabs on the club. There is one pending disciplinary charge against the establishment, said Mike Smith, a spokesman for the authority.
Among the eight items in the charge are the change in use of the venue, which had been Xtreme Billiards, without getting authorization from the authority. Billiard tables had been removed and a dance floor installed, the authority charged. The authority has also charged that the club “failed to conform with all representations set forth in the application, or approved amendments thereto.”
The management of F1 could not be reached by press time.