A two-alarm blaze ripped through an East 35th Street home Thursday, leaving a second-floor apartment utterly destroyed and one plucky dog hot under the collar.
Officials said that the fire broke out in the apartment between Avenues L and K just after 10:30 a.m. on February 4.
Over 25 FDNY units consisting of 106 firefighters raced to the home within four minutes, officials said. The fire was brought under control just before 11:15 a.m.
No firefighters or civilian injuries were reported, save for “DT,” a small one-year-old Yorkie who was trapped in a doggie cage as the fire flared up around him.
Neither DT’s owner Aiesha Cameron or any of her four children were at home when the fire broke out, neighbors said.
Firefighters immediately administered oxygen to DT, who is currently on the mend.
It was unclear what sparked the blaze as this paper went to press.