Foxy set free — plans to sue DA Hynes for malicious prosecution

A judge dismissed criminal charges against Foxy Brown on July 12, but the raunchy rap star plans to come back to court again — to file a lawsuit against District Attorney Charles Hynes.

Brown’s attorney Sal Strazzullo told reporters that she was going to sue Hynes, the city, and the NYPD for malicious prosecution now that the complaining witness against Brown has refused to testify.

The rap diva, whose real name is Inga Marchand, was charged with violating an order of protection against neighbor Arlene Raymond, who has had a restraining order against Brown ever since the rapper allegedly pelted her with a Blackberry in 2007.

But prosecutors claim that the two women ended up outside their respective homes at the same time on July 21, 2010.

After some nasty stares, Brown allegedly blew up at the other woman and began calling her names, according to the indictment.

“B—h! What are you looking at,” she said. “What the f— are you looking at?”

Brown then allegedly lifted her skirt, “exposing herself” to Raymond, according to DA Charles Hynes.

The case was expected to go to trial last Tuesday, but Raymond suddenly had a change of heart, telling Assistant District Attorney Robert Isdith that she didn’t want to take the stand.

With the key witness refusing to testify, Judge John Walsh dismissed all charges against Brown, who was facing seven years in jail.

Raymond told the New York Daily News that she decided not to testify because the case had begun impinging on her personal life.

“It was getting to be a headache,” Raymond said. “[Brown’s] life is full of drama, why would I want a life of drama?”

Yet others had another theory. Courtroom watchdogs say Raymond decided not to testify after her lawyer said there was no way she could sue Brown civilly for mooning her, even if she was found guilty.

But Strazzullo said they wouldn’t have lost: when the case went to trial, they were going to drop their underwear defense.

The city would not comment on Brown’s impending lawsuit since it hasn’t been filed.

Pill poppers put in pen

Three women are facing more than 15 years in prison apiece for turning a Bushwick doctor’s office into a pill mill where Medicaid recipients were paid to fill out forged Oxycontin prescriptions — only to hand them over to drug pushers who sold the drugs at $20 a pop.

DA Charles Hynes levied the charges against Sandra Quinones, 50, Jennifer Garrastegui, 29, and Lidsay Ortiz, 26, in connection with the scam that netted $200,000 and cost Medicaid more than $96,000.

“Medicaid is an important program for the low-income people it is intended to support,” said Hynes. “It is not a cash cow for profit-hungry drug dealers.”

Prosecutors claim that Garrastegui and Oritz worked at a doctor’s office on Grand Street while Quinones worked at a pharmacy across the street from the doctor’s office.

When Medicare recipients came into the doctor’s office, Oritz and Garrastegui would allegedly enroll them into the scam, giving them a forged prescription for Oxycontin. They then sent their patients to either Quinones’s pharmacy or others in on the con to get the prescriptions filled out.

The Medicaid recipients would return the filled out prescriptions to Ortiz and Garrastegui for a small fee, prosecutors charge. The two would then allegedly sell the drugs on the street.

Nine Medicaid recipients were arrested along with the three ringleaders on Thursday, Hynes said.

Attempts to reach an attorney for the three women was unsuccessful by late Monday.