Handball court carnage: man attacked while waiting to play

Crowbar attack

A 21-year-old Coney Island man was attacked as he waited for a free court to play handball on April 15, officials said.

The victim told police that he was sitting on a bench outside the courts at Shore Parkway and Homecrest Avenues at 4:40 pm when the assailant allegedly lunged at him with a crowbar, striking him in the ribs, eye and head.

The suspect ran off, but didn’t get far.

The man, later identified as 21-year-old Joshua Morillo, was taken into custody and charged with assault and criminal possession of a weapon, police said.

Hoop screams

Cops have arrested two men in connection with a brutal March 15 attack at a Bath Beach gym.

Investigators alleged that Kevin Montanez, 23, and Ted Huggins, 20, were shooting hoops at an 86th Street gym when they got into a fight with the two men they were playing against.

That’s when one of the suspects allegedly bashed a victim in the head.

Gym staff broke up the brawl, but the two suspects had the last word, allegedly striking a second victim in the head with a sock containing a gym lock.

Police identified Montanez and Huggins as the alleged assailants early on — they had left their IDs at the gym when they fled — but it took some time to track them down.

The two men ultimately surrendered to authorities on April 12 and were charged with assault.

Bullets over New Utrecht Ave.

A 27-year-old opened fire on another man’s car April 8 when an argument over money went south, police alleged.

Police said that the suspect, identified as Andy Colon, went to a car repair shop on New Utrecht Avenue at 11:40 am knowing that the man who owed him money would be there to pick up his vehicle.

After a few harsh words and no cash exchanged, Colon allegedly pulled a gun and opened fire at the garage and the car, riddling both with bullets.

Colon fled the scene, but was arrested on April 12, police said.

Jewelry grab

Thieves broke into an Allen Avenue home on April 13, taking a Fossil watch and jewelry.

Police were told that the thief entered the home between Knapp and Plumb 1st Streets at 7 am.

The 28-year-old homeowner said about $700 worth of jewelry was taken.

Television, laptops swiped

A thief broke into a Sheepshead Bay home on April 14, taking two large-screen televisions, two laptop computers and electronics.

The 24-year-old homeowner said he returned to his East 16th Street house near Avenue U at 5 pm to find his front door closed but unlocked.

When he went inside, he found his living room and bedroom ransacked, police were told.

Insulation theft

Thieves swiped $1,300 in insulation from a Gerritsen Avenue construction site last week.

Officials said that someone entered the site between Bijou and Channel avenues between April 13 and April 16 and removed the insulation.

There were no signs of forced entry, police said.

Endoscope swipe

Somewhere out there is a doctor working on a hot endoscope.

Employees at Greater NY Endoscopy on Emmons Avenue between Dooley and East 21st streets said they learned that the $30,000 piece of medical equipment was missing back on March 15, although they didn’t report it to police until April 13.

Workers said that the machine was last seen on October 22.

Hit and run driver sought

Cops are still searching for the hit-and-run driver who sparked a horrifying April 11 motor vehicle accident that left a 62-year-old man being burned to death.

Police ascertain that Felix Geimano was driving a Ford Taurus down 65th Street nearing 21st Avenue at 4:30 am when it collided with a blue Dodge Caravan traveling northbound on 21st Avenue.

Both vehicles careened into several parked cars near the corner, officials said. The force of the impact was so severe that Geimano’s car burst into flames.

During the ensuing carnage, the person behind the wheel of the Dodge Caravan drove off, never stopping to render aid.

Cops are asking anyone with information to call the NYPD CrimeStoppers hotline at (800) 577-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.

Dog napped!

Cops are investigating a man’s claims that a dastardly duo ran off with his pit bull as he walked the pooch through Manhattan Beach back on April 4.

The victim said that he was guiding the dog to the corner of Falmouth Street and Shore Boulevard at 4:50 pm when the two suspects approached and asked him about his best friend.

They suddenly grabbed the $3,000 animal, yanking the leash from its owner’s grasp.

The two were last seen fleeing in a red vehicle, police were told.

Cops are asking anyone with information regarding this incident to call the 61st Precinct at (718) 627-6611. All calls will be kept confidential.

More from Around New York