Talk about firing on all cylinders!
A shuttle bus burst into flames in Bay Ridge on Saturday, when temperatures soared to 96 degrees on the hottest day of the year so far.
The coach’s engine flared up on Bay Ridge Avenue near Sixth Avenue as the mercury hit its peak at 1:40 pm, fire authorities said.
The air-conditioning likely overheated, causing the fire, officials on the scene told a photographer.
No one was hurt, a department spokesman said.
The bus is registered to BMJ Trans Inc., a Massachusetts-based company. A man who answered the phone there said he did not know why the bus was in Brooklyn and declined to comment further.