This courtyard is fit for Kings!
Kings Theatre brass transformed a little-used patio outside the famed venue into a vendor-stocked gathering place where ticket holders to select shows this fall can grab a bite or a drink before and after the main event.
The Flatbush Avenue outdoor space adjacent to the theater previously hosted just a few special events, but its operators decided to make the most of the patio by filling it with seating that patrons can relax in while munching on treats from outposts of bakery Brooklyn Kolache Co. and café Coffee Mob, or sipping on suds poured by Threes Brewing, according to a rep.
“It’s a loose hang space,” said Perry Serpa.
Early birds can swing by the courtyard an hour before certain shows, and it will serve night owls for an hour after select performances, including:
• Modest Mouse on Oct. 9, open pre-show.
• Spiritualized on Oct. 10–11, open pre-show.
• Death Cab For Cutie on Oct. 12–13, open pre- and post-show.
• Nine Inch Nails on Oct. 16–17, open pre- and post-show.
• Tyrese on Oct. 26, open pre-show.
• Garbage on Oct. 27, open pre-show.
• Tenacious D on Nov. 3, open pre- and post-show; on Nov. 4, open pre-show.
And following its debut this fall, theater bigwigs plan to reopen the courtyard to ticket-holders starting next spring, Serpa said.