Brooklyn Heights–DUMBO–Boerum Hill–Downtown
A thief stole the side-view mirrors from a car on Cranberry Street sometime between Nov. 15 and Nov. 18.
The vehicle’s owner said he parked between Willow Street and Columbia Heights at 6 pm on Nov. 15. Three days later, the mirrors were missing.
A tobacco fiend stole 12 cartons of cigarettes from a Montague Street drug store on Nov. 17.
A witness told police that the thief entered the store at Clinton Street at 10:30 pm and removed the cancer sticks from a display case behind the counter.
The cartons are worth $1,378, making this anything but a petty crime.
Police arrested two men for stealing an iPod at the Pacific Street subway station on Nov. 17.
The victim said that he was on a Brighton Beach-bound B train at 7 pm when the men elbowed him in the face, grabbed his music player and fled.
Cops arrested two men later — and they still had the stolen device, police said.
A thief broke into a Schermerhorn Street construction site overnight on Nov. 16 to steal the most precious of no-so-precious metals: copper.
A supervisor at the building, between Hoyt and Bond streets, said that he closed the site at 4 pm and returned at 6 am to find $400 worth of the new gold missing.
A thief stole a laptop from a high school on Flatbush Avenue Extension on Nov. 15.
Officials at the Urban Assembly School of Music and Art told police that the laptop was stolen from a locked classroom at the school at Bridge Street around 7:45 am.
49 Flatbush Avenue Ext.
At least six cellphones were stolen last week. Here are the details:
• Three thieves stole a woman’s cellphone on Cadman Plaza West near Middagh Street at 6 pm on Nov. 18.
• A woman’s Blackberry was swiped on Willoughby Street near Adams Street at 1:15 pm on Nov. 19.
• A man’s iPhone was picked on Joralemon Street near Clinton Street at 11 pm on Nov. 13
• A woman’s cellphone was snatched on Fourth and Atlantic avenues at 7:15 pm on Nov. 14.
• A woman’s iPhone was grabbed on Cranberry Street near Henry Street at 7:40 pm on Nov. 15.
• A woman’s phone was nabbed on a Manhattan-bound A train at the Hoyt-Schermerhorn Street subway station at 10 am on Nov. 16.
— Daniel Bush