Thieves were running wild at the Atlantic Terminal and Atlantic Center last week. Here’s what happened:
• A 20-year-old tried to swipe $6,378 from the Atlantic Avenue Pathmark on March 12, but was arrested after a brief chase.
The thief was inside the supermarket between Fort Greene Place and S. Portland Avenue at 7:30 am when he saw an employee emptying the self-serve cash registers. He grabbed the money and scooted out the door, only to be apprehended on Dean Street.
• A thief jumped a 15-year-old outside the Atlantic Center mall on March 7, taking his Blackberry cellphone. The teen was heading inside when the 3:25 pm robbery took place.
• A sticky fingered hooligan swiped a woman’s wallet on March 8 after bumping into her inside the Atlantic Avenue Pathmark. The victim told police that someone brushed by her at around 6:30 pm, but she didn’t realize her wallet had been lifted until much later.
• A goon snagged a purse from a woman shopping inside the Flatbush Avenue Target on March 12. The victim lost her bag, $1,500 and several credit cards during the 3:10 pm confrontation.
• A thief plucked a purse from a woman’s shopping cart inside the Flatbush Avenue Target on March 13. The woman left her cart for just a few moments at 11 am — just enough time for the thief to make off with $60, her wallet and her passport.
Reversal of fortune
A thief crept into a Lafayette Avenue home on March 9 only to be shown the door by a feisty 85-year-old woman inside.
The senior was alone in her home between St. James Place and Classon Avenue at 5 am when the thief forced open a window.
The burglar began looking for valuables, but quickly had a change of heart when the senior approached him.
“I am not going to hurt you,” the man said as the elderly woman ushered him out the door.
Robbed in park
A thug pulled a gun on a man in Fort Greene on March 12, taking $190.
The victim was sitting on the DeKalb Avenue side of the park near Fort Greene Place at 2:45 pm when the thief approached and flashed his weapon.
A 17-year-old goon jumped a woman at the corner of S. Portland and DeKalb avenues on March 9 — only to be arrested seconds later.
The woman was nearing the corner at 7:20 pm when the thief grabbed her from behind.
The woman fell to the ground and started screaming, alerting nearby police.
Five goons beat and robbed a 16-year-old boy for a dollar on March 7 during a harrowing confrontation on St. Edwards Street.
The victim was between Park and Myrtle avenues at 3:30 pm when the thieves punched him in the face and ran off with his Washington.
A crook robbed a 30-year-old man sweeping outside his Grand Avenue home on March 13.
The thief stormed up to the street sweeper between Greene and Gates avenues at 7:35 am, moments before taking $25 off his victim.
Two thieves were arrested on March 13 after they were caught swiping purses and cellphones from distracted Moe’s revelers on Lafayette Avenue.
Cops apprehended the 45-year-old suspect at midnight, moments after he plucked a woman’s handbag off a chair inside the watering hole between S. Elliott Place and S. Portland Avenue. His 36-year-old accomplice had a cellphone that disappeared off the bar earlier in the evening.