Police: Man followed woman into her home and watched her sleep • Brooklyn Paper

Police: Man followed woman into her home and watched her sleep

68th Precinct

Bay Ridge—Dyker Heights

Rude awakening

Police arrested a man who allegedly followed a woman into her 84th Street home on July 24 and stared at her while she slept in her bedroom.

Officers say the man began following the woman near Ridge Boulevard at 10 pm, and followed her down 84th Street to her home between Colonial Road and Ridge Boulevard, and where she woke up to find him staring at her while she slept, according to the report.

Seat stealer

A crook smashed the windows of a car parked near Dyker Beach Park on July 23 — and stole the vehicle’s seats and tires.

The theft occurred near Poly Place at some point overnight and before 12:30 pm, police said.

Bad ride

A pair of punks escaped a cab ride without paying and then assaulted the driver by punching him and stunning him with a Taser on Fourth Avenue on July 25.

The assault began at 84th Street around 7:20 pm, when the cab driver dropped the men off, and they tried to leave without paying, police said. When the driver tried to stop the men, one of them clocked him — causing a laceration to his ear and bruising to his back — before stunning him with the Taser, according to the report.

The man who assaulted the driver left his tablet in the car, and the second man left his phone, sunglasses, and necklace in the vehicle, police said.

Playtime gone wrong

Police arrested a man who they say struck another man twice on the right side of his forehead at a playground on Shore Road on July 26.

The alleged assault occurred at the playground near Oliver Street just after 8 am, police said, and left the victim.

Bottled-up anger

A lout struck a man in the side of the head with a glass bottle, causing a laceration, on 67th Street on July 28.

The assault occurred at Eighth Avenue around 11:30 pm, and the lowlife fled in an unknown direction afterwards, police said.

Wrong call

A thief stole a phone from a man who was trying to sell it on 65th Street on July 28.

The theft occurred between Fifth and Sixth avenues at around 3:30 pm, when the lout pretended to be interested in buying the phone and asked to hold it. But when the seller handed it over, the nogoodnik fled in a dark blue Honda Accord, police said.

— Julianne McShane

More from Around New York