Jacobs has been in office for more than 30 years and hinted in 2010 that this was going to be her last term in office. Bichotte wants to help the Assemblywoman make good on that promise.
• Has collected her pension since 2009.
• Hinted that her 2010 victory would mark her last term in office.
• Age 73, widowed, three children. Lives in South Midwood.
• Democratic District Leader in Flatbush
• Worked on President Obama’s senatorial campaign in Chicago.
• Born and raised in Brooklyn to Haitian immigrants.
• Jacobs accused Bichotte of being too divisive.
• Bichotte has the support of Flatbush’s Haitian community, but not much else.
• Jacobs has more than $56,000 in her campaign treasury. Bichotte has just over $29,000.