Running with scissors

Running with scissors

A pair of scissors was the weapon of choice for a crew of thugs who robbed a teen on a northbound F train, police alleged.

The 18-year-old victim alleged that the thieves approached with a knife and shears as they out-muscled him on a train rumbling into the Bergen Street station just after 2 p.m. on January 11.

The thieves swiped the teen’s iPod and cell phone and forced him off the train at the Bergen Street station, officials alleged.

Yet the victim had the last laugh. After calling 911, cops found the three suspects, identified as 17-year-old Terrance Hawks, 18-year-old Reggie Lewis and 16-year-old Russel Barns at the Broadway Junction, charging all three with robbery.

Deli devils

Cops are looking for three gunmen who held up two men as they ordered sandwiches at a local deli.

The victims said that they were in the sandwich shop on York Street and Bridge Street just after midnight on January 14 when the three suspects barrelled in and pulled their weapons, forcing everyone to look for cover.

The two men beat up and robbed the two customers of their cash, cell phones and iPod, but curiously didn’t make an attempt to rob the clerk behind the counter.

Cops were looking for the two thieves as this paper went to press.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to contact the 84th Precinct at (718) 875-6811. All calls will be kept confidential.

Divine intervention

A 57-yea-rold woman praying at a Smith Street church spent last week cursing the devil who swiped her purse as she prayed.

Police were told that the woman was inside the church near Fulton Street at 3 p.m. on January 10 when she had placed her pocketbook on the chair behind her.

After leaving the house of worship she checked her bag and found that her wallet, cash and credit cards were missing.

Card conundrum

Call it a double whammy — a woman not only lost her credit card while she tried to make copies of the numbers, but then also mistakenly let the person who swiped it go on a $76,000 shopping spree.

The woman, 53, said that she was making copies of her cards at the Kinko’s on Court Street near Montague Street at noon on January 7 when she accidentally left one of her corporate cards in the scanner.

She went back to the machine when she realized her mistake, but someone had already helped themselves to the card, officials said.

The woman immediately called Citibank to cancel the card, but was left scratching her head, when Citibank called her back two days later, wondering if she had made purchases at Kinkos, the United States Post Service, Rite Aid, McDonald’s and bought a MetroCard on the card over the last two days.

When she explained that she didn’t understand how the charges were made because she had already cancelled the card, she learned that she had cancelled the wrong card.

So much for recording the numbers…

Gunning for jewelry

A pair of daring thieves shot their way out of a Fulton Mall jewelry store after swiping $10,000 in rings from a worker, officials said.

Police said that the two men, one of whom was wearing a suit, entered the Fulton Street store near Hanover Place at 4:30 p.m. on January 9 claiming that they were looking to purchase an engagement ring.

The thieves were looking over the merchandise when one of them pulled a gun and demanded everything, officials said.

While most would cower, the bold store clerk got out from behind the counter and tried to push the two men out as they swiped whatever rings they could get their hands on. He was pistol-whipped for his trouble, according to published reports.

He then went back behind the counter and flicked a switch, claiming that they were now locked inside.

Undeterred, the two suspects shot out the glass door and fled.

Cops were still looking for the two thieves as this paper went to press.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to come forward.

Calls can be made to the 84th Precinct at (718) 875-6811. All calls will be kept confidential.

Marshaling fraud

A brazen flim flam artist is being sought for stealing money from the City Marshal’s office.

Workers at the City Marshal’s Brooklyn headquarters on Court Street said that someone had managed to duplicate a check meant for an employee and then cashed the check, taking nearly $6,000 from their coffers.

The fraud was discovered on January 6, officials said.

More from Around New York