Senior killed in fight over gun

Senior shot in barber shop

A 77-year-old Bensonhurst man was shot and killed on March 8 as he struggled with a 25-year-old over a gun inside a Bath Avenue barber shop.

The two unidentified men — who police sources identified as Bensonhurst neighbors in a long-standing dispute with each other — began arguing with each other inside the barber shop near 17th Avenue at 1:30 pm.

The senior pulled a gun during the heated exchange, but the 25-year-old — a state correction officer — grabbed it. The senior was shot during a struggle over the gun.

No arrests had been made by Tuesday evening. It also remained unclear if the 77-year-old had a license to carry a firearm.

Brutal bat attack

A thug with a baseball bat brutally assaulted a 36-year-old man on 20th Avenue on March 5, leaving his victim hospitalized.

Horrified witnesses told police that the brutal assault took place at 12:50 pm near 78th Street. The victim was rushed to Lutheran Medical Center, where he was listed in stable condition.

It was unclear if the victim knew his attacker by late Tuesday.

Capital offense

A note passing bandit robbed an Ocean Avenue Capital One bank on March 8, taking an undisclosed amount of cash.

Police said the thief entered the bank, which is between Voorhies Avenue and Shore Parkway, at 10 am, but didn’t harm anyone as he handed over his threatening note before fleeing the scene with the loot.

Senior bitten

A goon lobbed rocks and ordered his pit bull to sic an 80-year-old man he was arguing with on Coyle Street on March 2.

Witnesses said the younger man was arguing with the senior at 5:45 pm between Avenues X and Y when started his attack.

Witnesses said the senior was hit with rocks and bitten in the calf, and that he now fears for his safety.

Booze brawler

A drunk driver tried to fight off police following a booze-fueled crash on Brighton Fifth Street on March 6.

Cops caught up with the 48-year-old motorist after he had rear ended a 2011 Mercedes SUV near Brighton Beach Avenue in his 1998 Dodge Caravan.

Cops found three empty beer bottles in the back of the Caravan, but when they approached the motorist to question him, he ran off, and then punched and kicked at cops when they took him into custody.

Nabbed for pistol-whipping

A 35-year-old man pistol-whipped an opponent during a furious exchange on 86th Street on March 6, but didn’t get away with the crime.

Witnesses said that the goon cracked a handgun over his opponent’s head during a 2:54 am argument at Bay 35th Street, but cops caught up with him a short time later, charging him with assault and menacing.

Cleaning out

A 31-year-old housekeeper was arrested last week for stealing from two Sheepshead Bay employers.

The woman swiped two rings worth $10,000 from a home on Avenue X between Sheepshead Bay Road and E. 12th Street, as well as a ring from a Haring Street home between Avenue Z and Voorhies Avenue.

In both cases the woman pawned the jewelry, pocketing a tidy sum, police said.

Car raid

A thief broke into a car parked on E. 12th Street on March 3, taking a laptop computer, camera and a glucose meter.

The owner of the car left his vehicle parked between Avenues U and V at 5 pm during a recent visit to his father’s house.

Bauble break-in

A crook snuck into an Avenue V apartment on March 3, taking $10,000 in jewelry.

The thief entered the home sometime after 8 am after forcing open a kitchen window.

Cabbie caper

A knife-wielding thug robbed a livery cab driver taking him to Batchelder Street on Feb. 26.

The cabbie told police that he picked up the would-be thief at a nightclub in Westbury, Long Island at 3:13 am.

The thief paid the cabbie for the ride in advance, but pulled a knife and demanded his money back when they approached the Sheepshead/Nostrand Houses near Avenue W.

Beaten at club

An unidentified thug brutalized a 22-year-old woman during a scrape at an Emmons Avenue club on Feb. 26.

The victim was partying at the nightspot, which is near Bragg Street, at 1:40 am when the suspect struck her in the side of the face — leaving her with injuries that guaranteed a hospital stay.

More from Around New York