The killer in the next room

Bad roommate

A 27-year-old E. 18th Street man was arrested for stabbing his roommate to death on Jan. 10.

The 33-year-old victim was stabbed multiple times in the stomach during a dispute between the two men and was found dead inside their apartment, which is between Church Avenue and Albermarle Road. The suspect was nabbed a day after the murder.

Out of luck

The 26-year-old thug who robbed a Flatbush Avenue cellphone store not once — but twice — officially ran out of luck.

Detectives from the 70th Precinct arrested the suspect last week for the Dec. 14 heist at the store, which is between Church and Snyder avenues, in which he ran in, flashed a gun and ran out with 40 cellphones and $3,000 in cash.

Police also connected him to a second heist at the same place on Dec. 12. In that case, the thug came in, showed his weapon and tied up an employee and a customer before running off with their property.

Case solved

Cops have brought an end to their investigation of a Dec. 18 chain snatching that ended up in a shooting on E. 29th Street and Farragut Road.

The thief, who cops from the 70th Precinct described only as a teenager, was taken into custody on Jan. 4 for the robbery that began on Nostrand Avenue between Farragut and Glenwood roads at 7 pm.

The thief ran up to his victim at 7 pm and snagged the chain off his neck, but, instead of giving up, his victim chased him down the street.

But the thug brought a quick end to the block long pursuit on Farragut Road when he pulled a gun and shot his victim, hitting him in the chest.

The victim was rushed to a local hospital where he was listed in stable condition after treatment.

Nabbed for shooting

A 19-year-old was arrested last week for his role in a Jan. 1 holdup that ended with a man getting shot in the chest in East Flatbush.

Police said the gunman pulled a weapon on his two victims on E. 96th Street between Winthrop and Clarkson avenues at 2:10 am, robbing them of their cash, jewelry, cellphones and a belt.

But instead of running off after getting the loot, the gunman pulled the trigger, striking the victim in the chest.

Paramedics rushed the victim to the hospital, where he suffered a damaged lung.

iPod pluckers

Two thieves were arrested on Jan. 9 after mugging another man for his iPod at the Church Avenue train station.

The victim told police that he was waiting for the 2 train at 8:50 am when the two thugs jumped him.

The suspects punched the victim repeatedly before running off with his iPod — but they didn’t get far.

Area cops apprehended the thugs a short time later, charging them with robbery and grand larceny.

Running interference

Two teens were arrested on Jan. 8 for helping a cellphone thief at the Cortelyou Road train station.

The victim was waiting for the train near E. 16th Street at 9:30 pm when five thugs approached.

One of the males snagged the cellphone from his hands, the victim told police. When the victim tried to retrieve it, the two suspects pushed and shoved him, stopping him from reclaiming his phone.

Responding officers apprehended the two helpers, but the thief — and the phone — disappeared, officials said.

Gunned down

A gunman shot and killed a 25-year-old man during a fierce Jan. 10 exchange on Church Avenue.

Witnesses told police that gunshots erupted between E. 55th and E. 56th streets at about 2:45 pm. When cops arrived, the victim was found lying in the street, suffering from a gunshot wound to the torso.

Paramedics rushed the man to Kings County Hospital, where he died of his injuries.

Cops are asking anyone with information regarding this incident to come forward.

Calls can be made to the NYPD CrimeStoppers hotline at (800) 577-TIPS. All calls will be kept confidential.