Two teens beaten on Smith Street • Brooklyn Paper

Two teens beaten on Smith Street

84th Precinct

Smith Street was the scene of at least two beatings of teens last week.

In the first case, police nabbed a teenager after he brutally beat another boy between Baltic and Warren streets on March 28 at around 2 pm.

The 15-year-old victim was walking home from school when an older boy rushed him from behind, struck him with his fists, and knocked him to the ground. Eventually, he found a broom handle and beat him with that, too.

Officer Carl Brendy of the 84th Precinct arrested a 17-year-old on assault charges and collected the broom handle as evidence.

Two days earlier, a Park Slope teenager was bruised and bloodied when five thugs attacked him for his iPod at Smith and Warren streets.

The 17-year-old boy was walking home from school around 3 pm when the brutes rushed and pounded him in the face, leaving scratches and a bloody nose.

The robbers grabbed the digital music player and ran off before the victim could see them well. He also refused medical treatment.

Phone to go

Who knew ordering a slice could leave you a victim?

The everyday routine became extra costly for one Brooklyn Heights resident when she lost her cellphone to a thief at a Court Street pizzeria on March 23, police said.

The 49-year-old woman put her phone on the counter of the slice shop, near State Street, around 7:30 pm. When she finished dressing her pizza and returned to fetch the phone, it was gone. By the time she got home and called the company, an hour later, multiple long-distance calls had already been charged to her account.

Rest room thief

Talk about feeling violated.

Someone stole a woman’s wallet when she left it on the bathroom sink and used the rest room at a Court Street movie theater on March 30, police said.

The 39-year-old victim left her valuables outside the stall around 11:30 pm. When she emerged, moments later, the wallet had disappeared. Workers searched the theater, near Schermerhorn Street, but came up empty.

The wallet held a pair of ATM cards, her bank information and her Green Card.

Phones swiped

Someone stole five cellphones from a Court Street store on March 30, police said.

The thief wandered into the shop, near Livingston Street, around 11 am. He started to pocket the display models — valued at $280 to $330 — and dashed out before the clerk could try to stop him.

88th Precinct

Home invasion

A Willoughby Street resident endured an urban nightmare on March 30 when a stranger robbed and molested her inside her own home, police said.

The 24-year-old victim, an Illinois native, was asleep when the thief crept into her home, at Ashland Place, shortly after 7 am. The front door had been left unlocked, she said.

Once inside, the perv sneaked into her bedroom and fondled her breasts. When she awoke with a start, he bolted, but first managed to swipe $42.50 from her desktop before dashing out the door.

Teen thugs

Police arrested two youngsters who allegedly robbed and beat a 36-year-old man on Cumberland Street near Fulton Street on March 26.

Police say the two boys attacked the victim, who lives nearby, at 5:30 pm. They rushed him, stole his wallet and punched him on the left side of his face.

The boys bolted, but they didn’t get far. Officer Robert Johnson of the 88th Precinct, arrested both boys — ages 14 and 15 — on robbery charges.

Baby blues

A trip to a discount department store cost one mother dearly when someone stole her purse from her baby’s stroller on March 31, police said.

The 33-year-old Clinton Street resident was in the Atlantic Terminal Mall, at the corner of Atlantic and Flatbush avenues, around 1:30 pm when she slipped the bag over the back of the baby’s buggy. Less than a half-hour later, she noticed the purse had disappeared — along with her credit cards, $200 and a new Victoria’s Secret work ID.

Pratt burglarized

Someone swiped a $2,300 projector from a public area at the Pratt Institute on Willoughby Avenue, police said. It is the second time crime struck the famous art school in a month.

The overhead projector disappeared between 9 am on March 24 and 9 the following morning, a 41-year-old school employee told police. The thief disconnected the system and walked out without attracting attention.

Circus fan

The thieves swiped five tickets to the circus, a half-dozen credit cards and a handful of cash, but left the ’78 van, police said.

The 36-year-old owner of the Ford Caravan, who lives in Queens, parked the blue van on the corner of South Elliot and Hanson places around 5 pm on March 26. When she returned two days later, the lock on the driver’s-side door had been jimmied and a bag was missing.

The bag held the circus tickets, as well as tickets to another show, plus the cards and cash. But the thieves made no effort to steal the van itself.

76th Precinct

Coffee heist

Clearly, the victim was in need of some caffeine.

When the 31-year-old man put his wallet on the counter while buying coffee at Long Island College Hospital early on March 25, someone swiped it instantly.

The beleaguered victim approached the counter around 6:45 am and never saw the thief who stole his billfold, which held three credit cards, a Colorado driver’s license and $30.

Truck targeted

A thief stole a bag with $450 in valuables from the cab of a tractor-trailer parked on Smith Street on March 22, police said.

The 47-year-old driver parked the vehicle near Warren Street around 9:40 am and left the cab unlocked as he visited a nearby store to make a delivery. When he returned, moments later, someone had slipped inside and swiped his black knapsack. The bag held his cellphone, a pair of credit cards and a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses, valued at more than $200.

Cell swiped

Talk about a fading signal.

A man lost his cellphone when he exited a cab on Atlantic Avenue and Hicks Street on March 20 and it seems the device was quickly put to use by someone else, police said.

The 51-year-old man lost the phone around 10 am, when it fell from his shirt pocket as he stepped from the cab. By the time he called his phone company soon after, several calls had already been billed to his account.

More from Around New York