Breaking and entering – and sleeping!

Synagogue looted

A thief broke into a Manhattan Beach house of worship on July 2, but was so tuckered out by ransacking the place he fell asleep inside — right where cops found him napping the next morning.

Police said the 17-year-old thief entered Congregation Shore Boulevard at the corner of Hampton and West End avenues sometime after 9 pm, but they were not exactly sure how he got inside.

The teen tore his way through the house of worship — scratching the walls in the process — as he pocketed some cash, checks and a set of car keys.

He then made the mistake of falling asleep on the premises, police said. A building custodian found him inside the next day and detained him until cops from the 61st Precinct took him into custody, charging him with burglary.

Burgle bash

A burglar attacked a Bensonhurst woman inside her own home following a break-in on July 9.

Cops said that the 40-year-old thief entered the 23rd Avenue home between 62nd and 63rd streets at 3 am by pushing in an air conditioner sticking out of kitchen window.

Once he was inside, the woman confronted him, armed with only a cell phone.

The thief grabbed the phone out of the woman’s hand and threw it to the floor, smashing it, as she tried to call 911.

He then struggled with the woman, throwing her to the floor, where she injured her elbows, before fleeing empty handed.

Cops caught up with the bruising burglar a short time later, charging him with assault, criminal mischief and criminal trespass.

Quick change

A thief with an eye for fine clothing was caught swiping a woman’s dress from a Bensonhurst laundromat on July 4.

Police said that the 24-year-old entered the laundry on New Utrecht Avenue near 71st Street at 9:40 pm, grabbed the dress from the basket and ran off with it.

He was soon in custody, charged with petit larceny and criminal possession of stolen property.

It was unclear if the thief intended to give the dress to a woman for an Independence Day celebration or if he wanted it for himself.

Three on one

A trio of malcontents attacked a fourth man with a glass bottle on July 10, leaving the victim with a smattering of cuts and bruises.

The victim told police he was on Coney Island Avenue between Neptune Avenue and Brighton 10 Court at 5:30 am when the suspects jumped him.

Responding officers rounded up and arrested one of the suspects, charging the 26-year-old with assault in the second degree.

Ungrateful hit

A surly Coney Island resident was taken into custody on July 10 after he socked a city paramedic escorting him to an awaiting ambulance.

The city employee told police he was directed to W. 28th Street between Mermaid and Surf avenues at 5:30 am on a report of a man in need of medical assistance.

The victim had already rendered aid and was trying to get the man to go to his ambulance when the 23-year-old punched him in the face, leaving him with a swollen cheek.

Cops charged the man with assault — after he was treated inside the ambulance, officials said.

Time out

A heavy handed thug swiped a $3,700 Rolex from a 15-year-old during a skirmish on July 1.

The victim told police he was nearing the Regal Sheepshead Stadium 14 on Shore Parkway between Knapp and Plumb 2nd streets at 1:30 am when the suspect — whom he described as a “friend” — attacked, punching him in the face.

The punchy pal grabbed his wallet, watch and $130 before running off, officials said.

Bullets over Coney

A gun-toting crew robbing an out-of-luck motorist opened fire on the man’s truck as he made a hasty escape on July 2.

The victim told police he was making repairs to his 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche near the corner of Neptune Avenue and W. 33rd Street at 2:30 pm when the thieves approached.

One of the men pulled a gun while the other went through his pockets, robbing him of his cash and cellphone.

The victim broke the pinching party up, however, when he shoved one of the suspects aside, ran for his truck and sped off.

The gunman reportedly opened fire on the victim’s truck, hitting the back cabin. The victim wasn’t harmed.

Cops rounded up and arrested the 20-year-old shooter on July 8, charging him with robbery and assault.

Locker looted

A thief looted a locker inside a Sheepshead Bay Bally’s Total Fitness on June 30, taking $70 and a debit card.

The 44-year-old victim told police he was using the pool at the gym on Sheepshead Bay Road between Shore Parkway and Voorhies Avenue at 5:30 pm. He returned to his locker a short time later to find that both the lock securing the locker and his valuables were missing.

Landlord shot

Investigators are still looking for the gunman who killed a 52-year-old Gravesend property owner as he collected rent money on July 2.

Police said James Donovan, a resident of Lyndenhurst, wasn’t shot by a disgruntled tenant but rather someone outside an auto repair shop on W. Third Street between Avenue Y and Cobeck Court.

Witnesses said that Donovan was arguing with the other man at 2:17 pm when the stranger pulled a gun and opened fire, hitting him in his upper left leg.

He was rushed to Lutheran Medical Center, but died from the seemingly non-fatal injury several hours later at 10:46 pm.

Basement burgle

More than $6,000 and a gold chain depicting the Star of David were removed from an E. 12th Street basement apartment on June 30.

Police said that someone picked the lock to the home, which is between avenues U and V, sometime after 11 pm, while the victim attended a late night birthday party.

Wipe out graffiti

As the ongoing war against graffiti continues, cops are now offering a $500 reward to anyone with information that can lead them to vandals who are marking up the community.

The hefty reward is part of the city’s new push to rid New York of graffiti, which is one of the leading quality of life complaints brought to police.

Anyone with information about graffiti vandalism in their neighborhood is urged to contact either 311 or 911.

More from Around New York