Gun-wielding perp robs women of cellphones

77th Precinct

Prospect Heights

Gun phone

A gun-wielding thug robbed two women on Underhill Avenue on Feb. 28.

The two victims told cops that they were near St. Marks Avenue at 10 pm when the evildoer approached them from behind, pointed his gun at one woman’s head, and said, “Don’t move, give me your cellphone.”

After the ladies handed over an iPhone and a Blackberry, the thug fled.


A thief broke into a woman’s apartment on Prospect Place on Feb. 28.

The 28-year-old victim told cops that she left her place between Vanderbilt and Underhill avenues at 8:30 am, and returned that evening to find that her MacBook and camera gone. She said the crook entered through a window.

Teller note

Police arrested a crook who they say tried to rob a bank on Washington Avenue on Feb. 28.

Workers at the CapitalOne bank at Lincoln Place told cops that a man slipped the teller a note demanding $5,000 at 4:30 pm, then took a worker’s phone before fleeing. Police arrested a suspect shortly after.


A scumbag smeared feces on man’s building on Washington Avenue overnight on Feb. 27.

The 37-year-old victim top cops that when he awoke at 9:35 am both of the doors to his building between St. Marks Avenue and Bergen Street were smeared with excrement.


Crooks stole thousands of dollars of cash from a business on Vanderbilt Avenue on Feb. 28.

An employee at Nicko’s Unisex Salon told cops that he left his store between St. Marks Avenue and Bergen Street at midnight, returning at 12:42 pm the next day to find $7,280 gone from the vault behind the store’s ATM.


Burglars struck an apartment on Bergen Street on March 3.

The 33-year-old victim told cops that she left her place between Carlton and Sixth Avenues at 10:30 am, and returned at 4:30 pm only to find that her laptop and some jewelry were gone. She said the crooks had entered through window on the fire escape.

Taxi take

A cab driver drove off with a man’s cellphone on Dean Street on March 4.

The 30-year-old victim told cops that he was exiting the cab near Sixth Avenue at 3:30 am when he realized he left his phone in the car, but the cabbie drove off before he could retrieve it, and would not answer his calls.

— Eli Rosenberg