Hey, Brooklyn! Get it together! It might be July already, but that doesn’t give you any excuse to wrap it up and call it a summer. Here’s how you can turn up the heat this weekend and party like it’s June 30.
• Diamonds may be a girl’s best friend, but BAM will be running a close second after its Marilyn Monroe tribute-palooza kicks off tonight with “Don’t Bother to Knock.”
• Speaking of tributes, pay your respects to that most slighted of root vegetables, the onion, which recently lost out to corn in a vicious, vitriol-injected legislative battle over which would be the state vegetable (may or may not include Sumner-esque pics of state Senators caning each other).
• It never hurts to get a refresher on New York City traffic laws (lord knows, we need it).
• Treat yourself to a soothing, aromatic, lavender bath — just watch which salts you’re buying, or the DEA might want a word with you.
• Dinner and a movie? Please. How about dinner IN a movie? This new Williamsburg joint, the first of its kind in the city, has fish tacos and Woody Allen.
• No compliments to the chef at this sweet Park Slope eatery, where it’s the patrons who decide what goes on the menu.
• Coney’s got a new house of horrors! Well, you already know it as the Parachute Drop, but they might as well call it the Tower of Terror these days.
• You might have the sea-legs for that spiffy new East River ferry, but whatever you do, don’t sail into this explosive corner of Gravesend Bay anytime soon.
• Yeah, yeah, fine — the Weekender isn’t the ONLY Brooklyn Paper insider that’s got the skinny. Check out our all-encompassing July 4 Weekend guide (but please — keep those fireworks legal, folks).
And as always, these and other great events are in our exclusive family calendar, our great nightlife calendar, and our matchless events calendar.