Huge photo stolen from studio

Art bandit

A crook stole some expensive art from a photographer on Willoughby Street overnight on April 17.

The artist told cops that he locked his art studio near Bridge Street at 6:30 pm, then returned the next day at around 10 pm. That’s when he discovered his five-by seven-foot photograph — worth $11,000 — had been swiped. There was no sign of a break-in.

Brave lady

A crook snatched a student’s wallet on Court Street on April 22.

The 26-year-old NYU student told cops that she was near Dean Street at 9:30 am when a man swiped her wallet from behind. She chased down the thug and — with the help of some bystanders — held the jerk until cops arrived and arrested the 33-year-old.

Veggie rage

A temperamental jerk beat up a worker at a restaurant on Montague Street on April 19.

The 44-year-old victim told cops she was scooping ice at Vegetarian Ginger near Henry Street at 10 am, when a co-worker shouted “I’m gonna kill you,” then kicked the bucket she was holding, leaving her with a gash between her thumb and index finger. Cops then arrested the 47-year-old man.

Bad dinner

A thief stole a purse from a woman at Junior’s on April 22.

The victim told cops she placed her Coach handbag on the back of a chair at the famous eatery on Flatbush Avenue near DeKalb Avenue at 6 pm, then sat down. While her back was turned, the crook snatched her bag — along with the wallet inside.

Diamond mine

A thief swiped a fancy piece of jewelry from a shop on Willoughby Street on April 21.

A witness told cops a store clerk let a customer try on a $2,800 diamond ring at Estelle’s Fine Jewelry near Bridge Street at 12:30 pm. The thief must have liked it because he then strolled outside without paying for the rock.

Cops arrested a 21-year-old man for the crime that very same day.

Birth control

A jerk swiped a woman’s purse at a restaurant on Front Street in DUMBO on April 20.

The 25-year-old victim told cops that she hung her purse on the back of a chair the eatery between Washington and Adams streets at 11:30 pm, then walked away for less than a minute.

That was enough time for the thug to grab it — along with the birth control pills and an iPhone inside.

— Natalie O’Neill

More from Around New York