Lout uses fake money and gun to steal phone

61st Precinct

Sheepshead Bay—Homecrest—
Manhattan Beach—Gravesend

Flake faker

A lout used fake money and a gun to steal a phone from a man on Bedford Avenue on April 3.

The victim told police he agreed to meet up and sell the phone to the perp for $1,250 near Voorhies Avenue at 11 p.m., but when they made the exchange, the victim realized the money was fake. The perp took off down Bedford Avenue, and punched the victim in the face during an ensuing chase, police reported.

The perp then threatened the victim with a gun, and ran off on foot towards Emmons Avenue, according to cops.

Food cart assault

Three punks assaulted a food vendor on Avenue X during a failed robbery on April 7.

The victim told cops he was in his mobile food cart between W. Second and W. Third streets at 3 p.m. when the perps approached. One of them took out a knife, punched the victim in the head, and demanded cash, while the other two acted as lookouts, according to authorities.

The victim refused to hand over the money, and the three baddies ran away, said cops.

Gold filcher

A burglar stole $12,000 worth of property from an Avenue R home on March 27.

The looter broke into the home while the owners were out between E. 13th and E. 14th streets between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. and stole gold and jewelry, cops said.

Bedroom burglar

A home invader stole $10,000 in jewelry from an Avenue X home between March 28 and April 3.

The victim noticed the missing property from the bedroom of his house between E. 26th Street and Bedford Avenue on April 4, and subsequent investigation showed the bedroom window had been tampered with, police reported.

Grave robbery

A prowler broke into a Gravesend Neck Road store and stole $3,030 worth of property on April 5.

When an employee arrived in the morning to open the store between E. 14th and E. 15th streets, he discovered cash and two laptops had been stolen, he told police.

Security footage shows the perp entering the store at 3 a.m. and scavenging for three minutes, before feeling on foot toward Ocean Avenue, said cops.

— Aidan Graham