In a rare Republican primary, Regina-Potter, who has lost two prior elections, is going against the Kings County Republican Party treasurer.
• Co-owner of Bari Tile and Stone in Bensonhurst.
• Dyker Heights Republican District Leader.
• Age 46, married, two children.
• Vice President of Treasury Services at J.P. Morgan Chase.
• Treasurer of the Kings County Republican Party.
• Age 58, married, three children.
• Both are hoping to unseat Assemblyman Alec Brook-Krasny (D–Coney Island), believing its time for a Republican to take over.
• Regina-Potter says she is much more conservative than McCarthy, and promises to introduce legislation to repeal the state’s statute legalizing same-sex marriage.
• McCarthy has just over $5,000 for his campaign. Regina-Potter has $262.33.