Suitcase swipe

Suitcase swipe

A cabbie cleaning out his car on Fourth Avenue is cursing the day he got some unwanted help.

Cops were told that the man was working on his car near Third Street at 12:15 p.m. on February 13 when he opened his trunk.

The 40-year-old said that when he went into the cabin of the 2004 Chevrolet Impala to get something, a fast-moving thief yanked a suitcase from the trunk and ran off with it.

The suitcase reportedly contained the base radio, the camera for the taxi, $25 and some tax papers with his name and Social Security number on them.

Waving his wallet goodbye

A 71-year-old lost $150 following a visit to a neighborhood convenience store.

The victim said that he went into a Seventh Avenue grocery between 10th and 11th streets at 7:15 a.m. on February 12 to make some quick purchases.

He bought the items and exited the store, not realizing that he left his wallet on the counter.

The senior said he returned to the store within five minutes, but a sticky fingered felon had already made off with the item, which contained his cash and credit cards.

$10,000 pull

A 59-year-old Park Place resident told police last week that someone siphoned $10 G’s from his bank account.

The victim told police that he checked his bank account back on February 9 and found it to be pretty light.

Bank officials told him that the withdrawals were made with his ATM card, but he finds that hard to believe — especially since he had his card the whole time.

Cops are investigating the man’s claims as this paper went to press.

Phone fibber sought

Meet a phone scammer’s best friend — a 32-year-old Park Slope woman who had her social security numbers used to open not one, but two cell phone accounts with different providers.

The woman, a resident of Seventh Street, found out last week that two cell phone accounts were opened in her name last year, the latest one being set up on December 22.

A dog-gone shame

Somewhere out there is a very guilty dog who knows on some level that he, or she, is wearing stolen property.

That’s because the doggie sweater the pooch is wearing was wrestled from Lexie, a ten-year-old Westie who was mugged of her green coat during a recent shopping excursion with her master in Park Slope.

Donna McPherson, Lexie’s owner, told the blog F–ked in Park Slope that she took her best friend to pick up some milk at the Ace Supermarket on Seventh Avenue and Berkeley Place at 6:30 p.m. on February 6.

She left Lexie outside, tied to the glass door and was inside the supermarket for just a few moments when someone came along and ripped the coat off the pooch’s back.

“I thank God the dog coat thief didn’t steal Lexie, but I never expected my friggin’ dog to get mugged!” she wrote. “Lexie is OK, but I swear to God if I see someone with a dog in Lexie’s green coat you better run in the opposite direction!”

Lexie survived the horrifying ordeal unharmed. No victims’ counseling seems necessary.

In fact, she’s already been compensated for her loss. McPherson told the New York Post that she bought two doggie sweaters to replace the stolen one.

But yet it doesn’t seem that justice will be served anytime soon.

Cops from the 78th Precinct told this paper that they’re not on the case because McPherson apparently never reported the incident to them.

She told the post she refrained from doing so because she didn’t think the cops would take her complaint seriously.

Maybe the NYPD’s Canine Unit would?

Please book him

Cops are looking for a sticky-fingered thief who ran off with a woman’s wallet as she perused the titles at the Seventh Avenue Barnes and Noble.

The woman, 41, told police that she had placed the wallet on a table as she thumbed through a book.

Her attention was diverted for a few minutes, but that’s all it took for someone to palm the wallet, as well as the credit cards inside.

30-minute mistake

A woman told police last week that she left her handbag unattended in front of a Seventh Avenue address for 30 minutes.

Naturally, someone came along and took it.

Whoever snagged it made off with quite a haul, according to published reports.

Two cell phones, a camera and various credit cards were inside the bag when it was erroneously left outside the building between President and Carroll Street at 6:10 p.m. on February 6.