One dead, four hospitalized after FDNY records high carbon monoxide levels in East Williamsburg building

One person was found dead inside of 211 Jackson St., where FDNY reported an elevated carbon monoxide reading.
Google Maps

FDNY fire marshals are investigating elevated carbon monoxide readings recorded inside an East Williamsburg building where a man was found dead Saturday morning, according to authorities.

Police responded to a report of an unconscious person inside 211 Jackson St. near Woodpoint Road at 6:11 a.m. on Aug. 3 and discovered a man lying on the ground in a second floor hallway. EMS arrived and pronounced the man dead at the scene, police said.

Cops have not identified the victim as of Sunday morning, according to a police spokesman.

EMS also removed four adults —two males, and two females — from the scene and transported them to Cornell Medical Center in stable condition, according to authorities. The police spokesman could not provide any additional information regarding the four adults.

FDNY reports that the building had elevated carbon monoxide readings of 250 PPM (parts per minute) coming from a generator. The maximum recommended carbon monoxide level indoors is about 9 PPM. Normal, fresh air has zero PPM.

New York’s Bravest disconnected the generator and said the situation was under control as of 7:39 a.m. Saturday morning.

A police spokesman said FDNY fire marshals were investigating the incident. A spokesman for the Fire Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

More from Around New York