Two teenage perps stole a 17-year-old girl’s iPod on Oct. 19 on Jackson Street, but police arrested the suspects a few hours later.
The victim told police that she was near Woodpoint Road at 3:30 pm when the perps approached her and grabbed her iPod.
She called the police, who quickly caught two suspects who matched the description and were in possession of her property, police said.
L of a mugging
A thief wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and sunglasses mugged a woman on Oct. 22 as she was entering the Metropolitan Avenue subway station.
The victim told police that she entered the L train at Lorimer Street at 2:30 am when the perp approached her from behind and stated, “Give me your money.”
Before she could hand it over, the perp shoved her, took the wallet and fled.
A perp brutally mugged a man on N. Fifth Street for his cash and iPhone on Oct. 23.
The victim was walking home toward Driggs Avenue at 3 am when a group of perps approached him. One punched him in the face and took his property, and the group ran away.
A thief allegedly stole a car and some tools from a Leonard Street auto shop on Oct. 23 — but police pulled over the suspected driver and arrested him.
The perp allegedly took the car and its tools from the auto business at 7 am, but an officer noticed that the driver was riding on the wrong side of the road. He pulled him over near Richardson Street, and discovered the stolen goods, police said.
Other road woes
At least five other cars were swiped or broken into:
• A thief stole a wallet and a backpack from a car on N. 12th Street late on Oct. 21.
The driver parked near Wythe Avenue at 10 pm and returned three hours later to find her window broken and her stuff gone.
• A thief broke a window to steal jewelry, a watch and some CDs from a car on N. 15th Street near Norman Avenue between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm on Oct 21.
• A thief stole an Accura from on Newel Street overnight on Oct. 18. The driver parked near Nassau Avenue at 11 pm, but the car was gone by 10:15 am the next day.
• A thief stole a Ford E350 on Meeker Avenue overnight on Oct. 19.
The driver parked close to N. Seventh Street at 6:30 pm, but by 8:30 the next morning, the car was gone.
• A thief stole a Honda from N. Sixth Street near Berry Street between 9:30 pm on Oct. 21 and 1:30 am on Oct. 22.
— Aaron Short