The Brooklyn Paper will put its Atlantic Yards expertise where its mouth is on Thursday for the first-ever “Quiz Don’t Destroy” game show at Rocky Sullivan’s Bar in Red Hook.
A team of Brooklyn Paper scribes and editors will compete on Jan. 17 against other supposed Yards cognoscenti, including Norman Oder of the Atlantic Yards Report.
“After being named the favorite by the New York Observer, how could I not [participate]?” quipped Oder, referring to a recent article that suggested that he could “play with one arm tied behind his back and still win.” (As a precaution, though, we will insist that Oder be tied up.)
To get participants and potential audience members in the mood, game show organizer Scott Turner released three sample questions (our answers below):
1) How did the new Atlantic Yards ombudsman, Forrest Taylor, describe the project when his appointment was announced?
2) What percentage of the Nets did Jay-Z own when the sale was announced?
3) How many permanent jobs were initially promised by Bruce Ratner, and what is the latest figure?
The Atlantic Yards game show is just the latest episode in Turner’s long-running Thursday night “pub quiz” series. Rocky Sullivan’s (34 Van Dyke St., at Dwight Street, in Red Hook), 8:30 pm. E-mail [email protected] for info.
Our quiz answers:
1) “In my mind it’s a sexy project.”
2) 1 percent
3) 15,000/1,500 workers over 10 years.